Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x3k1ymn
youtu.be/X9gNlaQqrPg
city.ac.uk/news/2016/july/infants-prefer-toys-typed-to-their-gender,-says-study
youtube.com/watch?v=cl26Xgbltvs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

not the children

gender doesn't exist.

all that exists and is science is biological sex as determined by dna.

anything else is bullshit peddled by jewish intellectuals.

Bill Nye

young Nye. old nye has altimeters or something making him retarded or hes just giving into what the population wants him to say. which is not factual.

gender is your biological sexual identity based on your genitals and DNA. you cannot say you are male if you got a pussy or female if you got a fire cock. that's like saying boneless wings arn't just chicken nuggets.

after all the etymology of gender is literally 'from birth'. Hence genesis, gene etc.

Let's say gender is a social construct.
What's the concept behind it?
We keep making up all these terms based on how you identify as a man and woman... but what's the proper definition of these terms then?

Didn't we just call it personality back in the day? Literally who gives a fuck if some bitch is a tomboy.
Doesn't make her a demigirl with xe/xerself pronouns.

oy vey delete this

Bill Nye died years ago. This "Bill Nye" is a clone set up by the elites to brainwash our children.

>or female if you got a fire cock.
>fire cock

Ignorant SJWs are conflating the word "gender" with "gender roles." Gender roles are, at least in a certain sense, a social construct, but that doesn't make them bad. The fact is, men and women fell into their appropriate gender roles because it was the most efficient way to delegate work. In this sense, you could say that the gender roles are entirely natural. The way in which these fundamental roles are carried out is what can vary from culture to culture, but the idea was always the same and always born out of the necessity for an efficient way of delegating work as a means of survival. The fact is, this natural system is still the most efficient way of life for human beings. It makes no sense to force women into heavy lifting roles, potentially injuring her and at the very least causing disproportionate stress while having the man she replaced in the heaving lifting job take her place doing something a woman can do when he could be lifting something heavy. The only way anyone could have a problem with natural gender roles is if they're completely blinded by ideology.

>gene expression regulation, endocrinology, and chromosomal abnormalities don't exist
>"gender" isn't taken to have a meaning distinct from "sex," where gender is the social representation of the thing and sex is the thing itself

I mean liberal sex politics are bizarre but /pol/ spams this kind of thing to cover for its own pseudoscientific ideas on the matter. "We're implicitly right because we're in opposition to this nonsense" and so on.

Most construction can be done by women, you fucking tard.
Electrical, drywall, framing, do you know how many twinks ive seen doing that shit?
Women aren't these dainty, weak little flowers you think they are and can keep up with most men.
Besides, civilisation is progressing to the point where old gender norms are outdated (and they weren't even that good to begin with)

>Let's say gender is a social construct.
>What's the concept behind it?
Philosophically speaking, social constructs are pragmatic theories of truth. This is a generalization of classical truth (i.e. X is true if X corresponds to reality) to X is true if X is a socially useful belief. You can think of "construction" then as the actual social dynamic underlying the belief's utility. Bear in mind this is a different meaning of the word "truth." It can make sense to view certain areas with this more general, coarser lens, like art and aesthetic theory, but postmodernism is fervently skeptical of "meta-narratives" in -all- areas of life and human knowledge, and so relies centrally on this concept for social theory, when honestly you need a materialist perspective on it to say anything either rigorous or substantial.
Anyways its like the difference between studying normed inner product spaces and general topological spaces
Not that "social construct" is necessarily a pejorative either, though it's often used that way.

C-can I have pics of construction twinks pls

One sec, just gotta find my non consentual construction twink photography folder

>altimeters

Both

Sex is determined by your chromosomes, the vast number of chromosomal disorders turning it into an intersex spectrum of xxy xyy xxxxyy xyyh etc.

Oh boy it's another episode of asspie Veeky Forums doesn't get that large parts of cognition are experiential developed and the vaste majority of behavior in gender roles is a result of learned cognition.
Great thread op

>6 threads about this doofus
>Giving Nye free publicity by reposting the same shit over and over again

>Unironically promoting it to the top just like how trump got elected

bill never said that in first pic

dailymotion.com/video/x3k1ymn

09:06 onwards if you want to see where the cap is from.

not a quote from the actual show

Its another dipshit doesnt realize liberal gender theory believes gender roles are inherent and if a person likes putting on a dress they are inherently a woman.

Huh?
Isn't putting on a dress what women do?
So wouldn't that be a biological male fulfilling a woman's gender role?
You do get the gender roles change through time and place and are behavoir?
You are a giant psued that probably subscribes to a gene-centered veiw of evolution, just gtfo brainlet, you have no idea what you are talking about this has nothing to do with partisan politics.

reminds me of William Shockley for some reason

Im saying that the social science gender spectrum argument centers around women liking women shit to be inherent beyong social norms. Ie all tomgirls are actually men and should be given hormones

But the argument is actually the opposite, that no "gendered preferences" are inherent but rather are socialized into us.

please never post any of your thoughts ever again

They're both right. Truth is a spectrum.

Not a far left faggot but he never actually says that in the old episode, i checked out the clips.

youtu.be/X9gNlaQqrPg

7:50 is the time where it starts i believe

So what does this mean for gender if you don't mind me asking

Gender is only limited to what it is useful to be defined as in a social sense.

Thanks senpai

Nice try. There were no subtitles back in the 90s.

>Jewish
Opinion discarded

>psued
is that way friendo

Well, gender is the representation of the thing, while sex is the thing itself. There are certain social attitudes about what is essentially "male" or "female," and we can meaningfully study these phenomena, their implications, and their role in society without needing to establish some definite, objective origin in the material world by framing them as "socially constructed" cultural entities.
At least, that's how the argument goes. I've definitely decided in favor of Marx myself, though, in that "all social life is inherently practical, and all mysteries which lead theory to mysticism find their rational solution in human practice and the comprehension of this practice." Historical materialism is just a better way to approach culture and society, imo, than postmodern sophistry. That is, when we have to at all. Physical science is far more comfy overall because its epistemological foundations are tight, elegant, and have transformed the world in its specific character far more profoundly than anything else ever observed.

Marxism is on a spectrum so you're basically agreeing with Nye.

So where are all these able women in the machine shop(s) I work and have worked at? Where are all the female engineers and pilots? Where are these magical women you speak of because I've come across maybe 3 in my 15 year career and they all worked at the deburring benches.

>spectrum

That's not a spectrum but a list of discrete states.

A spectrum is not discrete and has a numerical range e.g. electromagnetic spectrum.

It's what I've been saying all along.

Tomboys and sissies (or whatever) have always existed, and no one gave a fuck.

Now, they conflate sex and gender, so that people that take drugs and/or slice of parts off their body to make it look like the opposite sex, are now "transgender".

It's not science.

It's shitty semantics.

What happened to Bill? I heard on the final episode of the netflix show he talks about how to prevent people from having kids, specifically first world nations with no regards to 3rd worlders who pop 7 out.

>women in construction
this is the biggest bullshit lie user. all construction jobs are being taken by illegal men who will destroy their own bodies to complete a task (remove asbestos without the proper equipment). No contractor is gonna hire some broad who will bitch about everything.

There is no contradiction. The first statement was made at a time when it was necessary to explain to children that it is not "god" who decides who is born a girl or a boy. The second naturally comes later and expands on the subject because society has grown enough to talk about these things in more detail.

The requirements of construction are on a spectrum and there are plenty of women whose capabilities fall within it.

So why aren't more of them doing what you seem to think they are capable of?

There aren't many women on the spectrum.

>There is no contradiction
>Facts just change over time!
Even if you are explaining things to a child, a lie is still a lie.
Facts don't change as you get older, you just learn to see past the lies.

Typical spectrum of the patriarch.

Your opinion is a spectrum.

>gene centered veiw of behavoir
Lol

That is the best thing I've read all day.

Neither. Gender is a social construct.

>things other than genes causing behavior

you're a retard

The truth is on a spectrum

>the vast number of chromosomal disorders
That affects less than 0.0001% of the population.
Those are mutants, and still not a spectrum even if we considered every disorder a gender.

But it's be proven false contless of time, infants as young as a few weeks old prefer toys made for their gender.
city.ac.uk/news/2016/july/infants-prefer-toys-typed-to-their-gender,-says-study

>Determined by DNA
Wrong.
Look up XY females
There are 3 or 4 different determiners of sex and if you took a basic college biology class you would know this.
I hate when /pol/ pretends to know what it's talking about while being just as ignorant as the SJWs they hate.

What percentage of /pol/ has actually studied biology at an accredited institution?

Caster Semanya is a male you retard, he even holds down his runs to avoid obliterating the world record.

Hey, stupid.

XY gondal dysgenesis is a fucking disease. Not a sex.

youtube.com/watch?v=cl26Xgbltvs

In our DNA, not something we have created

>Sex

Not in our DNA, something we created

>Gender

>spectrum

spectrum

Then why it isn't done by them?

i dont know nothing about bioligy, asking out of curiosity. why is it a disease?

>it's not a sex
yes it is. It's a case of it not being expressed,

I bet you think black is a color too.

T. Engineer that read a Dawkins book

Dumb shit, more than just your genes determine sex and that is what is proven by that and similar disorders

The spectrum

>In our DNA, not something we have created
>>Sex
That is proved scientifically.
>Not in our DNA, something we created
>>Gender
That is merely an hypothesis without any empirical evidence.

wow what a true red pill

maybe you shitheads should sabotage trade jobs then so no one has to endure your bullshit "le womyn in stem" propaganda anymore

Genetic disease is a genetic condition which is determental to physical health, mental health or fertility. In this case the individual is unable to have offspring and thus genetically dead.

No matter how you look at it gender dysmorphia or sex chr conditions fit that definition.

Wut

>an hypothesis

Prove to me that those two are contradictory statements

Sex karyotypes are not on a spectrum, there are two main and then there are genetic disorders. Therefore it is not a spectrum, because there are only a discrete amount of karyotypes that can exist, and the amount is non continuous.

>old nye has altimeters

Yes, that position is contrary to the best available evidence.
What I was saying is that's the position "social justice" types take.

Maybe, but maybe not. Altimeters are on a spectrum.

find me the boipussy chromossome.

Protip: you can't.

0%. It's a common knowledge on /pol/ that all institutions of higher education are controlled by Jews and that the best way to get educated on a topic is watching a few youtube videos.

I resent that. /pol/ employs a robust source curation method which spans a wide range of reputable material such as unsourced artifact-ridden jpegs, nested parentheses, and infowars.

>people actually believe this

There are all kinds of people visiting /pol/, many of whom are highly educated. The demographics of /pol/ are part of a spectrum.

He never said the quote on the left. It's so easy these days to fake these things. People will eat up anything that confirms their beliefs

/pol/ itself is a jewish disinformation agency.

Me

WRONG
Jewish disinformation is a /pol/ agency