How would the scientists of old respond to Nye and his ilk?

How would the scientists of old respond to Nye and his ilk?

Other urls found in this thread:

iedimagen.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/jacques-lacan-routledge-critical-thinkers-sean-homer.pdf
lacan.com/nonexist.htm
resources.oncourse.iu.edu/access/content/user/mikuleck/Filemanager_Public_Files/L501/English and Literature/Cherland _2009_ Harry_s Girls , Harry Potter and the Discourse of Gender.pdf
youtu.be/X9gNlaQqrPg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If there is an afterlife, they would take turns kicking Nye in the balls until they invent a new gender just for that fucking shithead.

that einstein is perfect

Probably with bemused indifference. It's just some dude reporting scientific research to the public in a very stupid manner.

>tesla
>scientist
huh

Sorry, but Bill Nye is shit dispite your political beliefs.

This board is dedicated to the discussion of science and math, gtfo

>bill nye the SCIENTIST
>not science

People aren't science.

Great thread op

>the SCIENTIST
wut

>Newton's face
lol

>What are social sciences

they'd call him a tool which he is

I wasn't aware social sciences was a person.

It is depressing that "popularizers" are increasingly the antithesis.

tesla castrated himself and einstein was a communist kike
"(((science)))"

>tesla castrated himself
False. Tesla was, however, pretty odd with quirks like a phobia for women with pierced ears and basically being in love with a pigeon in old age.

>pretty odd with quirks
the man was a full blown lunatic m8

Even i can see that is what he was already referring to.

There seems to be a strong disposition to focus on minutia on Veeky Forums, their so used to finding the first domino in the line, that they believe everything is like this and its only the small picture that matters.

>Incoherent yelling at them for talking about science rather than doing it.
Kind of a big deal...

Who's the guy between Newton and Tesla?

I don't see what the problem is. Social science is still science. Bill Nye is ahead of his time.

Castration means cutting your nuts off, and Tesla never did that. Maybe a metaphor, but that qualifier wasn't mentioned. He was celibate for life, a well known fact, like Newton.

I don't see why (((Einstein))) is the most worried.

I'm guessing Marie Curie

((((jewish))))

Yes. And?

I'm pretty sure biology is science

Is Bill Nye a field in biology?

tl;dr

Better question, who cares?

What this science march has taught me along with pop sci is that, like most things, people are not attracted to a the actual substance of science but the romantic idea of it. They like to think that the process of research is nothing but reward and unstained lab coats flasks containing colored liquid in them, and if it wasn't for those ignorant republicans we would have our eco-friendly utopia by now. But like I said that's with everything and no harm comes from that alone.

The thing that gets under my skin though is how these people who are outside of STEM want to make science about them. It's a co-option technique that happened in video games, with atheism, with comics, with academia and so on. The Bill Nye shit is a great example. An aspect of science is definitions. Certain systems, structures, and processies have specific terms that they are defined by and if they are in any way not aligned with those terms in the definion, They are by definition not that thing and something else (that was poorly worded). Example of this is the difference between and Organ and and Organoid. Ohio State recently made a brain. It was a ground breaking study that is going to pave the way to how we study neurology. The guy who made it said that he didn't make an actual brain organ he made a brain otganoid because the Brain he made does not contain blood vessels. Now look at bill Nye trying to tell us that vaginas can be masculine and penises can be feminine. Try to tell is that intersex is a NOT a deformity of sex organs and is validation of a spectrum. That a modified penis in a sex change surgery is a legit vagina.

They are using science as a means to an end. And the end is their beliefs and out look on reality.

He's probably the closest thing to a science popularizer among everyone there

tl;dr

>There seems to be a strong disposition to focus on minutia on Veeky Forums
ftfy

This thread doesn't have the slightest relevance to science or math and is cancer

Already? Whoever made this deserves a congratulatory blowjob

He outright said on the show that scientists have found that sexuality is on a spectrum, something that is 100% false

They did. Human sexuality is complex. Just because you don't agree with published research doesn't mean it's false.

>everyone I don't like is a communist elemayo

>I don't like it and it is therefore false

see

>you can choose to be gay

>More than two genders.
>Scientific research.

Ok.

I imagine they'd be a lot less impressed by americans for electing a meme than the misguided fools marching with lame puns on their signs.

They're pretty smart, I'm sure they'd understand it seemed like a good idea at the time. I mean, it seemed better than the alternative, for sure. Still does.

>What is neuroplasticity
>What are early sexual experiences shaping sexual interests and attractions later on
>Either sexuality is 100% determined by genes or it's a fully-conscious choice

>Gender and biological sex are the same thing
>Gender is something other than a meme

Why is Veeky Forums so spooked today?

Gender is (or used to be) synonymous with biological sex. You better have some citations, Mr. Frankfurt.

>>Gender and biological sex are the same thing
They are. Most languages don't have two words for it since it's the same shit.

Forget it

>tfw Bill Nye's new show made you realize /pol/ was right all along

You have to go back. The enemy of my enemy is not my friend

It was off topic anyway.

tl;dr Bill Nye is mostly just a faggot but the problem is snowflakes are now getting him to say whatever they like, including completely ignoring long standing well-defined scienfic terms because "dah trannies"

Language lacking a word for something doesn't mean that thing is not real.

>using spookposting in its correct context
My property

sometimes I wonder if in a way bill and people like him are doing a favor for /pol/. By being so incredibly fucking retarded that only retard lefts will follow him, and anyone who actually cares about anything real will be like "shit fuck that"

Lemme guess, you saw science guy bill as a kid and thought oh wow cool dude science is cool, and then grew up to actually get into some real shit, and then you see this, and you cannot connect it. There's no question. Its a different force.

it's bull but I don't really care about that. the problem is that the gender people say that gender and sex are separate, but to them sex is essentially meaningless and gender, which is very vague and overencompassing, is everything.

Sociology and gender studies are not sciences and psychology is a protoscience.

>Tesla

Try the last chapter of this
>iedimagen.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/jacques-lacan-routledge-critical-thinkers-sean-homer.pdf

or this
lacan.com/nonexist.htm

Besides papers by or about Lacan I can't think of any work on the subject that isn't saturated in identity politics. I had the misfortune of reading Whipping Girl, in which a trans woman admits gender identity is at least partially a cultural construct, but then continues to cling on to their gender identity and entertain ideas of "genderfluidity" and "non-binary gender" as if what someone identifies as is just as real as what organ is in-between their legs.

My point is what we think of as "masculine" or "feminine" are largely the products of our cultural background. I think of skirts as really girly but they're not in Scotland. I think going to a nail solon is really girly but rich Brazilian men get weekly manicures and facials.

>tfw retarded liberal identity politics made you realize retarded right-wing identity politics was right all along
Fixed

[HARRY POTTER]

Got ur back bro

resources.oncourse.iu.edu/access/content/user/mikuleck/Filemanager_Public_Files/L501/English and Literature/Cherland _2009_ Harry_s Girls , Harry Potter and the Discourse of Gender.pdf

>implying the "scientists of old" would give any more than the minimum amount of fucks to say, "well, that's silly, but whatever," and continue working on real science.

Complaining about pop-sci is not profound. "real" scientists have had to work around stupid people since the conception of the scientific method. Bill Nye and SJW crowd are still far above climate change deniers in terms of general intelligence.

>Gender is (or used to be) synonymous with biological sex.
>The sun does (or used to) revolve around the earth.

I don't disagree with you, but appealing to what "used to be" is a very weak argument.

case in point

Where were you when you realized Black Science Man was actually a moderate in the community all along, mankind was finally entering into the cyber punk age advertised in the 80's and movies like The Running Man and The Truman Show were actually prophetic pieces of literature.

I only said "used to be" because I have no idea what the hell liberals want it to mean anymore. It meant exactly what I said when I learned sex ed in middle school, and I'm a senior in high school.

underrated post.
very subtle

The older I get the more /pol/ is right.

Newton was a very religious guy who worked with alchemy... he would probably hate Bill Nye and the "I Fucking Love Science" crew.

not to say Euler and Gauss that also were both christians, Euler being very religious.

Black Science Man is not SJW, he is just a black democrat, this is not offensive to me as a conservative.

(((Krauss))) is much worse,... Bill Nye tho... Bill Nye went to far..., he is the worst.

Well... what do you think?

This, this so fucking much.

Newton also thought heat was a massless invisible fluid so what did he know

This is what's happening, people on the right started out as the punching bag for so long, where fox news was clearly the station that had an agenda with it acting anti-progress in the early-mid 2000's and such.

The left got gay rights and civil rights where they needed to be at first.

Then the left started getting cocky and started doing the exact same thing, they rejected anything that wasn't their world view, appealed to a narrative (See: CNN). Everyone started romanticizing the idea of being on 'the right side of history', to the point where they would call anything racist/oppressive, and started making up new -ism's to fight so that maybe they could get their names in a fucking history book.

What they didn't think that would happen would be the backlash from logical liberals, moderates, and moderate right wingers. Now everyone who doesn't think that a white person wearing cornrolls is the devil is shifting rightward, and the people who were already right wing just shifted even further due to the left basically giving them more credit, and basically gave them free reign to make outlandish shit seem reasonable under the guise that the it was less retarded than what the radical left was saying.

So now we have the alt-right, a frog on a hate symbol list, a meme president, and Bill Nye literally sucking the cocks of trannies for that sweet politicised science money.

I've been waiting for the nukes to come for a while now.

What's up with the clapping seals?

They represent his brainlet fanbase that would applaud him no matter what he did

There are plenty of prominent scientists who're fans of Bill Nye because he can do something they can't; make science interesting to young people.

You're a colossal moron.

Real scientists studies world with curiosity little children, Nye just had one show of freaks.

Whatever would science do without bill and his fantastic informsrive program

There are millions of people who're more informed about gender as a result of this show. Never underestimate the influence of such shows.

TV shows are on a spectrum.

however did this is probably also a climate change denier

>Implying they would all have the same reaction because all white old men who practice science have the /pol/ world view

Whoever made that drawing probably can't explain the actual impact of the research of those scientists (fun little fact: those are scientists are pretty well known thanks to pop culture too)

Black Science man does tend to opine on things he has no expertise in, such as flying helicopters.

Tesla isn't even a scientist. He was an engineer and his pigeon was probably male.

We should ask ourselves what they thought of philosophy being mixed in with "science" then see what modern scientists think of sociology as a hard science. I believe you will get the same results this is a provable and repeatable experiment DIY that's science people's opinions and identification are not.

>tesla
>"what is this faggotry?!"

This, desu.

>what is magnetic field

The magnetic lines of force represent a spectrum.

He never actually says that in the old episode, i checked out the clips.
youtu.be/X9gNlaQqrPg
7:50 is the time where it starts i believe

Reminder that Bill Nye is responsible for putting this BBC on the Mars rover.

I would guess a badly drawn Feynman.

Defending Bill Nye... I can't believe how far science has fallen. Good job!

Clap Clap

other than cancer?

The board of beaten children strikes again.