Learn a concept

>learn a concept
>looking for an effective way to memorize it
>imagine myself explaining it to some guy on Veeky Forums

does anyone else do this or am i too far gone?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=the thing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Never thought of this. Seems like a good stratagey

I imagine myself applying it to do amazing things, then I get to lost in narcissistic fantasy to ever have the rigor to do those things.
If you can dream it, you can do it!

Damn, that's a good idea. What about making a thread where you teach the subject?

I think about that

would be pretty awesome

You should do magic mushrooms.
No joke, people like us get more out of the experience

I imagine it being explained to me by someone on Veeky Forums

Explaining ideas to others is in fact one of the best ways to learn about them. It helps you see weaknesses in your understanding and solidifies the core concepts in your mind.

maybe if you're majoring in special education

If it's stupid but it works. It's not stupid.

This.

I do this all the time, glad I'm not the only retard here

as a side bonus, it prepares you to sound hella smart when pathetic casuals ask questions

what appears to be an amazing impromptu delivery is actually an autisticly rehearsed recited explanation :)

Ugh. I've been making and bumping Bill Nye threads all fucking day and you retards still find a way to keep this board from being /pol/'s rightful clay.

That's what this board this should be about and not the mess it's in now. An idea so simple yet so great it took this long to figure it out.

I do but not with anons from sci. That would just make me angry.

It would be awesome if we were not been raided by /pol/.

>Damn, that's a good idea. What about making a thread where you teach the subject?
If you do that, you would get responses like "nice blog post, faggot" or "nobody cares"

>>imagine myself explaining it to some guy on Veeky Forums
Hmm...

>Come on, everybody knows this already, brainlet!
>How do you not get this?
>GTFO popsci faggot.
>lmgtfy.com/?q=the thing
>put_the_chromosomes_in_the_bag.jpg
>The first thing you have to understand is that cold fusion makes antigravity...
>JELLO BABIES!
>Are traps gay?

Yeah, this seems like a good idea.

You forgot the infographics and paywalled papers on IQ.

I always imagine Twilight Sparkle explaining it to me in my head, desu. Fear the autism.

It would actually be really great if there were a general for each field/concept and people could learn that way, rather than there being handful of vague science threads and 1000 threads for the flavor of the day (e.g. Bill Nye the engineering ba guy)

No actually thats a great method

I just imagine myself teaching it to a kid.

Same

Considering the state of Veeky Forums atm, even if it were basic calc, you would be doing the board, and humanity a favor.

I catch myself doing that when I'm trying to think of how something works.
I'm told that teaching others is the best way of learning something, but I'm autistic so I just teach my imagination.

The best way I ever found to learn and understand a topic was to write a lecture document in LaTeX for it.
A person should, with sufficient prerequisite knowledge, be able to read it with no prior exposure to the subject and be able to learn it themselves.

If you're lucky enough to still be able to apply this techniques to lecture notes and your memory of the class, then you should be able connect the somewhat-related topics in a coherent manner, and figure out a way to organize them--what you will say, how you will explain it, and in what order.

Actual lectures are usually never sufficient, so you may have to pad these fully fleshed out lecture documents with material from outside sources, like Wikipedia.

I got the idea from a combination of two of my professors.
One always posted high quality lecture notes that you could just read and never have to attend class.
The other suggested that the best way to learn a topic is to actually write lecture notes and share them with the entire class--I took it a step further and decided to attempt to write notes at the same level as the former.

Worked out great for me.

better example

are traps gay?

>It would actually be really great if there were a general for each
No. Former /int/ poster, generals ruin shit and create circle jerks. Don't do that.

>>imagine myself explaining it to some guy on Veeky Forums

This is good, do it more.

>looking for an effective way to memorize it

This is bad. If you understand it, you wouldn't have to memorize it.