>still no proof that 0.9999=1
>still no proof that p=np
>still no idea how to forecast earthquakes or other natural disasters

>"w-w-we're going to t-terraform Mars!"
>"A-A-AI and r-robots will take over all our jobs!"
>"m-m-muh global warming will kill us all in 10 years!"

AI is literally our only chance

we're too slow

All of those hinge on one understanding which will not be conveyed to the average human until the economic machinery set up to support the concealers of truth is tore down.

Yup. We're finally hitting the plateau of diminishing returns. The communications sector has been buoying the entire economy, but all others (medicine, transportation, general research, space travel, agriculture) has been stagnant or in slow decline. All that's left is content (Amazon, Facebook, etc.). A.I. And terraforming are pipe dreams.

>>no cure for IBS
Keto.
You make gas no more if all the bacteria in your intestines are dead.

>don't understand how the brain really works
>can't reliably treat mental illnesses
>can't cure headaches

>think we soon will be able to upload our consciousness

Futurists are disconnected from reality.

gene therapy will possibly solve the disease aspect, but I doubt we'll get there without AI. All the other shit, we're fucked on.

u wot

>operations applying to infinities the same way they apply to integers
mathematicians are truly the worst

what a fucking shit thread

thanks /pol/, but I think there's some (You)'s in that 999th Bill Nye thread calling your name

It's far easier to blindly duplicate behavior than to understand how something works. We didn't need to know what photosynthesis was to start farming.

> still not being God

I'm as shocked as you are user

>implying I'm not god

>tfw IBS

People without it don't understand how much this shit sucks, no pun intended. Horrible gas, stomachache, and cramps every time I eat until I take a massive shit that I never know if it will be constipation or diarrhea. I'm a guy and I'm pretty sure this is close to what women on a bad period must feel like.

Have you ever been tested for h pylori? (not blood test)

Dick or gtfo

No, but I don't have ulcers.

Something like 50% of the pop dont have an immune response to h pylori and dont form ulcers. I was diagnosed with IBS but I respond to self-treatment for h pylori.

What self-treatment regimen do you use?

>operations applying to infinities the same way they apply to integers
But that image doesn't apply any operations to infinities.

sulforaphane via broc extracts, though it's hard to find one that actually produces a substantial amount these days in canada. Mastic gum (also an h2 histamine antagonist), lactoferrin, betaine HCL all have worked for me. I think monolaurin works as well, but very weakly also Allicin(garlic & ginger extract) may work but I've been unable to take them for reasons.

>no cure for balding
>no high quality safe penis extension surgery
Truly the worst of the 2000s

>extending instead of widening

Terrible taste.

>no cure for common cold
Maybe because it's not only one virus.

This. Praise the machine gods

yes they add subtract and divide them what are you missing? infinity plus infinity is not 2 infinity that is fucking retarded

>yes they add subtract and divide them what are you missing?
Where?

None of those things are infinity.
Please take some basic math classes, and learn about sequences and series.

wha- you can't possibly be serious. The series IS INFINITE you dolt.

>The series IS INFINITE you dolt.
Right, and operations on an infinite series is completely different thing to performing operations ion infinity as if it were a number. Plus, that image doesn't even do any operations directly on infinite series, it just uses a well-established result to sum one.

Holy brainlet alert. You do realize that it IS an infinite series right? Incredible. Take a basic liberal arts math course

Here, I will solve it for you so you can be convinced

>hurr durr let me write it as a sigma function and call him a brainlet then they'll know I'm genius
you basically are doing the same proof as in the previous photo, and it's equally as contrived. Utter slight of hand bullshit here really. An infinite can't be equivocal to an integer, they're simply not the same thing.

>>"w-w-we're going to t-terraform Mars!"
>>"A-A-AI and r-robots will take over all our jobs!"
>>"m-m-muh global warming will kill us all in 10 years!"
no scientist with integrity goes all apeshit about that nonsense don't liken us with those idiots

>Not knowing limits
>Literally HS math
>Claiming to know what infinite series are
Either troll or underage, pls go

nice air tight explanation ya got right there

I airtighted you mom while studying perturbation theory with the squad last night u lil cheese hoe

low effort reply right there mr number hocus pocus man

1.0000.....=1
>an infinite cannot equal an integer

Numbers are all hocus pocus, stop being gay about it dude

the zeros are redundant they don't add anything that's even more cancerous than the other one in my opinion

TOODAY WEH GOING TO SHOW YOU AN ESSSTTTTOOOUUUNNDDDING SOOM

Back to /x/ with you.

>Utter slight of hand bullshit here really.

It's definition IS a convergent sum you degenerate mongoloid. It is no slight of hand, it is just applying a pattern. How are you this brain dead. It is clearly shown to be valid, so why don't you show that there is a contradiction instead of shoving dirt in your ears and hoping people agree with you.

Spell it out for all of us on paper

>Our species is bad at certain things when compared to things we excel at
>That must mean we're wrong about everything and completley incompetent

whoever made this is retarded for choosing this color scheme. The yellow/blue box is nearly unreadable.

>no cure for balding

Agreed fuck this shit.My hairline is starting to recede. Might get a hair transplant since I have the money