/Failure/ General

>major in Electrical Engineering
>hate physics 1
How fucked am I? I know most of Physics 1 doesn't apply to the major but shouldn't I be enjoying it? Should I just switch to a math related major?

not fucked, just tough it out

>I hate X but I need it
Do it anyway. Mind controls the body

hopefully you'll like physics 2 better

though I should say, also as an EE, I absolutely hated physics 2 at my college as a freshman
E&M doesn't get interesting until you actually take an E&M class that uses calculus III concepts
without calculus, you're more or less forced to memorize fuck retarded unintuitive formulas for things like charge distribution over different shaped objects (rods, rings, spheres, cylinders, etc)
calculus III lets you easily understand how these formulas come to be

don't let the introductory bullshit get you down

>fail to attract a viable mate
>get depressed

T-thank you for the motivation. Does having friends in the same major help keep you motivated? I am so lonely...

i know you don't think phys 1 contains anything of relevance, but it absolutely does. the stuff you are learning is part of a foundation of knowledge that all engineers need.

its like how lifting heavy weights doesn't seem like it would improve your strength in doing other things, but it does. its all part of the training my man. embrace it.

In what way? Is it the problem solving aspect?

>>hate physics 1

Are you a brainlet?

Maybe, I just find it boring. I am not that interested in the motion of objects. I am doing fine in the course I just don't enjoy it like I enjoy my other classes.

I love phyiscs 1 and I thought everyone else did too. wtf is wrong with you OP?

That's a big part of it, imo. Physics 1 was my first exposure to real problem solving. The physics class I had in high school was a joke, just plug and chug shit.

My digital EE course has plenty of problem solving in it. We have to design systems and implement them in lab or just sketch them for a written exercise. The exercises can be pretty involved. I mean I get that problem solving in physics will help me with problem solving in engineering. I was just saying that the material in Physics 1 doesn't directly relate to Electrical Engineering but I could be wrong.

What other classes are you taking?

>Is it the problem solving aspect?
kinematics is the basis for a shitload of other engineering principles. F=ma was basterdized and rearranged into a gorillion different engineering applications.

trust me, you are going to see the connection when you are a Junior and start getting real deep into your major.

Designing digital circuits is an entirely different type of problem solving.
There is really no equation maniputation in digital logic compared to a physics class. The type of problem solving that physics teaches you is the type where you have to read a problem, realize a relation between several parts of a problem, write out the relations mathematically, and solve them for what you need. The physics might not be directly related to Electrical Engineering, but those types of problem solving skills are extremely useful for anyone. It helps you learn how to look at and analyze a problem of any type in different ways to try and figure out what you need to be able to solve it. It's a fundamental skill that I think everyone in STEM should have, because it develops your problem solving abilities in general.

Digital Systems, Calc II, and a Programming class for Engineers (C).

Okay, thank you for the heads up user.

>Designing digital circuits is an entirely different type of problem solving.
You're right.

Yes
I was very unmotivated and didn't think I could succeed in the major I'm going for, but then I made a friend at work who goes for the same-ish major. Having someone to talk to definitely helped motivate me.

Electrical engineers hate some physics just like some physicist hate having to learn Maxwell's equations, you just power through it

do americans have that in calculus 3? fucking brainlets we see that in calc 2

you do surface integrals in calc ii? Wtf

fucking same, calc 1 for them is the shit I learn in high school

physics one should be fun and easy .. free A or B without even studying. U're fucked for physics 2 and solid state physics if u're having trouble in physics 1

>Physics 1

Are you even in the major yet? Fuck off general engineering kid

>failed intro to engineering
>failed circuits class
>failed calc 3
kek you dont know failure kid

I am not believing you did surface integrals in Calc II.

Finishing Calc II now. Just finished learning directional derivatives, class was easy but covered a lot of material.

>t. American Community College

>be math major
>get a B in complex analysis
Should I just kill my self desu

I got a c- in undergrad complex analysis and an A/A- in graduate complex I and II respectively. Just try harder user. You didn't try hard enough.

>study engineering at a big uni
>run out of money
>cant move away from home
>go to CC for accounting
story of my friends life

Graduate courses do tend to be graded differently. I don't think professors usually give out anything less than a C unless you do literally no work.

in EE as well. doing fine in stuff like physics but I'm a hardcore introvert who is quiet in teams and too shy to join clubs. am I fucked in terms of getting an internship/job as someone who's socially anxious and shy? I get the math and have a good gpa but communicating is a big weakness

Xanax