Explain These Results

Explain these results.

Pro tip: If you can't, you do not deserve to browse Veeky Forums.

do your own homework brainlet

This is taken from a research study I conducted, idiot.

p-value is less than .05, which means the relationship is statistically significant.

that's about all I got for you, is that STATA?

You calculated the significance between dog ownership and something involving the federal government.

>"Playing it safe is the most dangerous thing you can do"

Yes it is. I actually like STATA quite a bit.

The mean value for some dependent variable is 4.06 units higher for people who don't own dogs rather than people who do own dogs and the relationship is statistically significant

>Standard deviation 23.65

wew

Isn't that kind of odd given the sample size? Or would we need to know what the variable is first to get some context?

The mean is not representative with such a high standard deviation, you would have been better off calculating the median.

smalltacogrill.webm

If i'm 14 and have I attained brainlet status? I have no interest in stats or any maths outside of physics

wth is a brainlet

understanding basic statistics ≠ being smart

you got a tiny difference but the sample size made it "statistically significant"

What is there to explain? It looks like you just plugged some numbers into a computer program. Why don't you explain how you would conduct a t-test or compute a confidence interval by hand?

Who in their right mind, in the 21st century, conducts a t test, a confidence interval, or even a multivariate regression, BY HAND?

No one does, but anyone who uses them should have a good enough understanding of what they are that they could do them by hand if they had to.

Who in their right mind, in the 21st century, conducts a derivative, an integral, or even an Euler's method linear approximation, BY HAND?

do ur own paper brainlet

all i can see

think i'm browsing too much of /b/

wut?

You shouldn't be using the t test. You have more than 25 sanple size.
Use a z test instead.

Continued.
As a result of your sample being too high, you can't pick a decent critical value for your degrees of freedom. Therefore you cannot tell whether to reject or not reject the null hypothesis based on the critical level percentage.

>i'm going to call big brother if you don't improve yourself
lol