What's the most important postulate in mathematics that has no proof?

What's the most important postulate in mathematics that has no proof?

1+1=2

x=x (1)

at least there is this

Godel BTFO that shit.

abc conjecture

Navie stokes. Everything else is autistic jerk off.

>does an odd perfect number exist
Will unlock the secrets of the universe and make all the panties around you automatically wet once you solve it.

Navier-Stokes is a meme

Numerical methods are all you'll ever need

>He hasn't even mastered Hodge Theaters
>He doesn't know that mathematicians are mostly interested in PDEs to see the path to their solutions than the solutions themselves.

I think the Riemann hypothesis. There are surprisingly many results that follow from it and most people assume it is probably going to turn out true, yet no one really knows.

P = NP

Consistency of ZFC

This

Exactly this.

/thread

You have to be retarded to believe a nonsense garbage text mess of symbols proves "1+1=2"

1+1=2 cant be proven by text and symbols. It can be proven with experience and observation.

>Will unlock the secrets of the universe and make all the panties around you automatically wet once you solve it.

I remember when I was a kid I heard about this through numberphile and now in analytic number theory perfect numbers were discussed briefly and I can't stop thinking about them.

Why are they so hard to grasp? Why can't I characterize the properties of odd perfect numbers other than the trivial ones (must be odd, must be perfect). It makes me angry.

+1

that pic is no proof

but its something you could show an alien to explain why 1+1=2

Either of these

>postulate
>that has no proof
That's the definition of a postulate. That's what postulating means.

What do some of those symbols mean? I'm not familiar with a lot of the notation

that [math]0\neq 1[/math]

this statement is false

It's the notation used on Russel's principia mathematica, I think wikipedia has it in a list somewhere.