The proof is fairly easy and will be left as an exercise

>The proof is fairly easy and will be left as an exercise.

>a proof of which is left to the references

Cite three textbooks that /actually/ do this

Dumb frogposter

Spivack, friedberg, munkres.

>the homework is online and costs an extra $60 to access

REEEEEEEEEE

these fucking kikes. i'm always able to get away with using the previous years edition textbook, but the fucking online shit is pure jew cancer.

Savage

I refuse to believe this happens in a uni that already makes you pay tuition. Please tell me you aren't American.

Not even that guy but yes.

yeah i'm american

"...[Result in literature]"
>unpublished personal correspondence

This dude must be going to ITT Tech or something, this would never happen at any halfway decent college/university.

haha, thats what you think. anywhere that uses Pearson textbooks is doing this online jew shit.

I'm american and they did this shit with the intro chem, bio, physics classes

Almost every college uses it. It saves the the trouble of grading homework handed in
>Don't pay $60-$80 for membership
>Can't get an A+ in the class
Oh well. I'd rather pocket that and study my ass off for 95% maximum score

have you seen Child of God? great film

Can confirm (((Pearson))) does this shit

oh man, my professors make it worth a little over 10% so if you don't do it the max you can get in the course is a B. i swear to god these faggots are in on the scam.

Do you tip your professors as well?
Jesus christ.

munkers, rotman

Not yet...

the publishing companies will take professors out to big fancy steak dinners, shmooz them real good, and i'm pretty sure offer them some kind of under the table kickback, all under the auspices of "showing the newest literature"

next thing you know only Shekelstein Publishing has the """"best"""" textbook for the professors course and its what ends up on the syllabus.

i've had a few professors who were immune to this bullshit and used 50 year old text's and created custom homework assignments every week, but they are few and far between.

Geometry section of Langs Basic Math

This is happening everywhere now, it's (((Pearson))). I teach mathematics at college and the faculty fucking despise this shit, but with the classes of 600+ calc students wtf are you going to do.

If you need to do shit online would it be possible to make your own program to do it so students wouldn't have to pay as much?

Fuck, even if you could offer the program at a discount it would be an improvment.

Allow a syllabus where homework isn't factored into the grade.
Students can buy their textbook an edition below and just do the homework from the book they feel they need to master a subject.
There is no reason you can't do this for everything though through the calculus series.

Homework has become a burden instead of an important tool and opportunity for leaning. An essential part of learning is to go to class and then choose to apply what you learned with homework problems until you feel competent and confident.
Every student requires a different amount of homework and assigning hours and hours of homework will make the smartest of your students despise homework and view it as a wasteful obstacle.

It's not up to the professors for the big classes like calc 1, it's the university doing deals with (((Pearson))). The faculty here tried to fight it for a long time and managed to get the students a discount deal on the books.

This one really pisses me off, especially if it is an interesting claim made.

were even am i this is my first Veeky Forums post

one way around it as a student is to not sign up for the huge classes. If you do it in an off semester were the class might

Lol I'll be nice to you. Start at /b/, literally every 4channer spent at least two months there getting immersed in the deep culture here. Then you might be ready move onto another red board like /mlp/.

If you already pay tens of thousands of dollars in tuition then 60$ more won't make any difference

to be fair, he probably goes to a community college or state school. having been to two ivy leagues, I can confirm that at least some prestigious schools don't use only shit like that.

>Homework being worth more than 10%
>Ever
This shit makes me mad. Basically says "we don't trust you to study on your own to get an A so we'll force it on you"
Pretty sure my professor makes it worth 5% just for those who choose to study their ass off instead

I wish

State these schools

I recognize that "Correct" sign

Fuck MasteringPhysics and their Hasidic Ways

LANDAU LIVSHITZ REEEEEEE

Not that guy, but I had to do it for my organic chemistry class.

My prof was a lazy piece of shit who mostly talked about his meditation hobby and hasn't published in 2 decades.

>what is WebWork

It is easy if you know which part of the spectrum you need to prove.

At Canadian university where I go it was optional to do mastering chemistry for Chem 1 and 2. 10% if you did it, but if you didn't bother to pay the midterm and the exam were each worth 5% more.
Honestly seemed pretty reasonable, because different people could choose which way worked for them.

>if you don't want to do homework that's OK
Goddammit Canada.

>get an answer exactly correct
>next part tells me to use the exact answer from the first part
>if you use that answer, you get the question wrong
>if you use a heavily rounded version you get it right

Just use your head, dumb frogposter. It's either a straightforward proof or changing a few details in a preceding proof. Why even study if you don't have the resilience?

every. fucking. time.