So when it comes to Electricity, there's AC and DC. Are there other forms of Electricity besides static?

So when it comes to Electricity, there's AC and DC. Are there other forms of Electricity besides static?

Is Electricity a spectrum?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbitrary_waveform_generator
youtu.be/RXRRhRlKW3s
khanacademy.org/test-prep/mcat/organ-systems/neuron-membrane-potentials/a/neuron-action-potentials-the-creation-of-a-brain-signal
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Electricity is a man-made creation. There are as many kind of electricity as we want there to be, i.e. 1 phase, 2 phase, and 3 phase AC.

It's like asking how many kinds of broadband there are.

>1 phase, 2 phase, and 3 phase AC
That's still AC despite the number of phases.

>Electricity is a man-made creation

You're trying to meme, but yes, it is a spectrum.
The mathematical subject of interest is Fourier series. Pretty important in Electrical Engineering, Quantum Mechanics, Functional Analysis, and Dynamical Systems.

Consider the voltage signal:
[math]v(t) = V_{1}cos(\omega_0 t)+ V_2 cos(2\omega_0t) +[/math]
The is the sum of two AC voltages. Since the second term has twice the frequency of the first, the signal is periodic. Specifically with period [math]\omega_0[/math].
The same argument applies if we consider any two signals with integer multiple angular frequency. That is, the result is still periodic with respect to [math]\omega_0[/math].

When I say the "spectrum" of the signal, I am talking about which frequencies have the highest amplitude for their sin/cos function. There is also a "spectrum" to operators on such functions. Using a little complex analysis, you can find spectra for integrals, derivatives, and other operations too. (LTI operators if you are curious.)

The main idea in electrical engineering is to construct systems which may manipulate sums of cos/sin functions like this. The theory is rather complex. Usually, this sort of thing would be covered in a third or fourth course of Analysis. If you were an engineering student, this would be covered any time as soon as your first year, to as late as your 3rd year.

period [math] \frac{1}{2\pi\omega_0}[/math] sorry

A Fourier spectrum

>Fourier series

I had to study that shit when I was taking courses in human eyesight and the properties of retinal processing of light.

It was kind of interesting to be fair.

>Talking about eyesight in a thread about electricity

Fucking moron

Vision is a spectrum

electricity is a jewish conspiracy so that you keep paying for using devices you have already paid for.

>talking about the perception of electromagnetic energy in a thread about electromagnetic energy

What's wrong with that you fucking autist?

I present to you, the sex toy of Electricity:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbitrary_waveform_generator

Sex is not a spectrum
Gender is
He's an old man now guys, just dont look at him anymore and dump him in a home somewhere in Virginia.

You can't see electricity you dumb, fuck. Not once, not ever.

Electricity is on a spectrum that's outside the range of human vision.

I know Bill was always a huge asshole off camera but my childhood is still a little hurt by him selling his soul just to stay relevant.
The fact that he did this show makes me wonder if he ever really cared about science in the first place or if he always just chased the money

Don't forget pulsed DC.

You're on the spectrum.

there is this "function generator" app for android, its compleatly free and very neat.

You can actually current change from DC to AC and from DC to AC. Fucking current trannies

Why the fuck do people do this stupid ass [math][/math] shit!? I have never seen it work.

Yeah. There's also a lot of really cool math that comes up when you try to generalize for arbitrary waveforms.

...You know that the voltage/current running through a wire is literally an electromagnetic wave right? Like, light is essentially indistinguishable from electronics from a physical and mathematical perspective.

>not using the fractional fourier transform to see the spectrum of spectra

Well you're not entirely wrong, but you're nowhere near right either.

you can literally buy a thing called a spectrum analyzer that has a probe which you ground and then touch to an electrical signal and it shows you the spectrum

Then you've never seen it done. Nothing about it works you either do the math correctly or you do it wrong.

Some situations can't be analyzed without it.

What the fuck is this comic lad?

My coil junk is so oh oh oh

It doesn't show the complete spectrum since it's powered by electricity, which is a spectrum. Some of the spectrum escapes through the ground in order to avoid damaging the spectrum analyzer. Also keep in mind that it also creates a magnetic field which is another spectrum.

My point is that there cannot be just one spectrum analyzer that can analyze all the spectrums since analysis itself is a spectrum.

what is this?

Tell me more about AC or DC power occuring in nature.

Lightning is DC
Your nerve signals are AC

lmao fucking burgers

Why does it wear the mask?

>despite all my rage I'm still just a phase

not the guy who posted it, but it's an old series of panels with character representing some neurological diseases

youtu.be/RXRRhRlKW3s

Silly Linear Time Invariant theory, you explain a lot but not all!

outside of LTI, spectral analysis can still explain many natural phenomena.

He got a degree in mechanical engineering, not physics or chemistry or even biology. He's always been about money.

FUCKING REKT

>let me just connect this lightning to the breadboard

Electric eel

Nerve signals are still DC. Oscillating electric waveforms are still DC unless they dip below zero volts.

I checked some of my nerves and they were indeed below 0 volts.

So help me if this spectrum shit continues I may actually fucking kill myself.

No you fucking piece of shit, there's just electricity.

Couldn't you define 0 wherever you want? What is the ground in a nervous system?

The brain is like a distributed battery

khanacademy.org/test-prep/mcat/organ-systems/neuron-membrane-potentials/a/neuron-action-potentials-the-creation-of-a-brain-signal

it doesn't really use the kind of electricity you can easily probe because there would be signals that aren't electrical.

In a computer it only uses pure electricity to compute things, a brain uses more than that.

There is no ground, there is AC voltage which is referenced relative to other AC voltages

>Mfw Benjamin Frankwurst really did invent electricity

underrated as fuck