Explain what science is with your own words

Explain what science is with your own words

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/maartenboudry/teksten-1/methodological-naturalism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A method of interpreting observations by systematically testing variables in the phenomena to be understood.

Studying the universe trying to find out how it works.

It's a methodology to investigate nature while knowing that our biases could influence our understanding. That's why we have a process of peer-review.

Any knowledge we gain from science isn't an absolute, but on a spectrum of knowledge.

The method through which variables are rigorously tested or observed and then retested and reobserved in order to achieve an accurate prediction about similar future occurrences.

Predictions are on a spectrum

the thing that makes modern civilization even possible

A spectrum of understanding

Understanding the universe via physically proving mathematical calculations

come up with a falsifiable prediction and try to prove it wrong

Prediction, trial, and error
Formally known as hypothesizing, experimenting, and observation

Applied mathematics

/thread

Science: data collection via observation and manipulation of the environment.

Philosophy: the interpretation of the data collected by science.

Engineering: the practical application of the philosophical interpretation of the data collected by science.

science = using empirical methods to analyze a system

>Science: data collection via observation and manipulation of the environment.
>Philosophy: worthless.
>Engineering: the practical application of the data collected by science.

fixed it for you

the study of spectrums and personal identity and feelings

A cult style religion.

science is a branch of gender studies

It's a way to disprove all what stupid religious people say and to make you feel empowered.

Science is garbage, no joke

I can't tell if that was sarcastic or not but either way it was fucking awful, what are you 12?

>but either way it was fucking awful, what are you 12?
That's not nice, user. I just raged while watching a video about some woman saying that computer science is a way to make you feel empowered, so I thought I could share my feels in here.

sorry man, I take out my anger on strangers on the internet because I'm sad and alone

physics isnĀ“t the center of the universe shithead, use a proper definition

A method that allows to create a model that can predict the future to a satisfying degrew

ITT: everyone gives the definition for "Scientific Method", not 'Science".

Science is a systematic collection of organised knowledge, that continuously gets built upon, dismissed and rearranged, through testable explanations and predictions about the universe.

Scientific Method is a collection of techniques for deriving, correcting and integrating knowledge; in a rigourous and empirical fashion.

Scientific Method is used in Science but it is not the whole.

This.

A cultural practice (of humans) to learn about the world around them by gathering observation and evidence, to create models of reality, to create predictions of future observations (which may be new observations in the future of events in the distant past). Science often depends on the use of inductive and deductive reasoning, the uniformity principle, Occam's razor, the principle of mediocrity, the use of parsimony, and a rejection of solipsism and the Omphalos hypothesis.

Some people claim, wrongly, that science cannot investigate the supernatural.
sites.google.com/site/maartenboudry/teksten-1/methodological-naturalism

the art of arguing a point using only evidence but no formal, rigorous proof

Something to make me immortal.

trying to catch dust in a net
alternatively chasing the dragon

Science is a religion.

Philosophy is something everyone does. You literally project all your experience and opinions onto the data. That is how data is interpreted. This has nothing to do with bullshit philosophy. It is core philosophy of logic, but your psychological projections always affect your interpretations.

Religion and Philosophy are a spectrum.