Why hasn't anybody flown through the Antarctic?

I'm not a flat-Earther, but I do want to know why hasn't anybody in the history of mankind flown a plane through the Antarctic landmass? It would easily shut up actual flat-Earthers by proving circumnavigation through longitude. Why has literally nobody ever done this before? Not even some random wealthy fuck with time on their hands?

Other urls found in this thread:

antarcticaflights.com.au/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_route#Antarctica
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_New_Zealand_Flight_901
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>nobody ever done this before
why do you think no one has done this before?

Antarctica is a spectrum

I flew through it on my way to detroit. Never take a plane that uses a taximeter.

Noone actually cares about shutting up flat earthers because it's a shitty meme.

BECAUSE THE EARTH IS FLAT
this meme needs to die

Many have attempted this. unfortunately, they fell off the edge of the earth

>why hasn't anybody in the history of mankind flown a plane through the Antarctic landmass?
The same reason they don't fly planes through any other landmass?

I don't know. I think when anybody who does, something miraculously goes wrong. Engine failure, disappearance, shit like that.

They have.
Someone crossed the antarctic in a single flight in 1956

Apparently pilots don't find the novelty in watching their compass spin. Plus crossing the antarctic itself is underwhelming compared to "look at me, I can fly!".

antarcticaflights.com.au/

That goes around not directly through.

Link please? Not seeing any legit Google results.

Nobody cares enough to disprove flat earthers.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_route#Antarctica

As if flat-earthers gave a shit. There could be planes flying over the fucking Antarctica every day and they would still claim it's all a lie. Stop wasting your time thinking about those idiots.

No actual answers thus far. I'm disappointed Veeky Forums

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_route#Antarctica
>mobile link
MOBILE POSTERS ARE WORSE THAN FLAT EARTHERS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

How can it go all around the entire ice wall that surrounds the earth disc in such a short time?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_New_Zealand_Flight_901
>CRASHING THIS PLANE

It wouldn't it have to go all around the supposed ice wall. It skirts around the edge of Antarctic to reach its destination.

Sorry my JOB blocks Veeky Forums, faggot.

Because people will deny the spherical form of the earth no matter what you do.

Because its already a fact that the earth is round and rich people already know this and wouldn't waste money on the resources to do so.

Because there are no airports there and if it has to make a emergency landing, people will freeze to death before help arrives?

Like have you actually not thought of this???

>Being able to swipe through uploaded files
>inferior

What do you mean? It would have to stay next to it all during the entire flight because it is a sight seeing flight.

underrated shitpost...

you cant, it is illegal.
also impossible you will hit the wall, please go try and do record it you will be shot down.

Audibly kek'd

Looking at all of those flights, all they do is depart from Australia, fly around the Antarctic a bit, and just fly back.

That's impossible, the continent stays always on one side of the plane during the flight and in the end you get back to the same place where you started, it's impossible to fake that unless there is another continent sized ice island somewhere.

I'm sure that there are flight paths that take the airplane through Antarctica.

For example, if you're flying from Buenos Aires to Perth, the most fuel-efficient path would take you pretty close to the south pole.

That’s just what they're doing man. They’re definitely not flying across and circumnavigating.

If you take a compass with you, how do they fake it that the south side of the needle always points to the side of the plane where Antarctica is visible?

Bullshit.

It isn't actually illegal but there are rules. Firstly twin engine planes can't fly anywhere near there. That's covered by ETOPS.

Secondly planes have to be stocked with survival gear - that's the only law governing flying over Antarctica - but that gear is expensive and commercial flights don't want to stock that much expensive gear to cover 100+ people.

Also it just isn't the shortest route, it's a waste of time and fuel.

so the only planes that go there are pretty much just sightseeing tours.

They fill each side of the plane with opposite charged magnets then fly around Greenland for 12ish hours.

Git gud user

The needle would point to one of the wing tips and you could confirm it by walking in the middle walkway of the plane

Yeah I know, maybe they tie a super strong magnet to a stick and hang it off the plane like some autistic self stick.

Easy. The spacetime is warped near the Earth's surface in such a way that the distance around the disc starts to decrease when you pass the halfway to the edge. At the edge itself the spacetime is compressed so much that when you reach it you get instantly teleported to the opposite side.

>flat earther's don't believe in gravity.
>use the excuse of warped spacetime to explain distances in southern hemisphere
>use relivativty to prove their right
>they use the thing they don't believe to prove their beliefs

Come on he's joking user, calm down

>Why hasn't anybody flown through the Antarctic?

People have done it many many times between resupply flights. It's nothing special really. I've done it many times during the time I was working in Antarctica.

The US had permanent base in McMurdo Station, Antarctica (which is on the Ross Island, New Zealand site), South Pole (in the center) and Palmer Station (Antarctic Peninsula, near Chile).

Resupply LC-130 flight routes usually goes like Icebreaker ship from NZ -> McMurdo Station -> South Pole -> Palmer Station -> Punta Arenas (Chile) -> Palmer -> Pole -> McMurdo

shoggoths take the planes down.

All I know is that selk nam fashion it's incredible underrated.

The giant pterydactyls at the ice wall attack and win every time.

..... what?

What do Empiricists think of the fact that all water appears still from the vantage point that has produced images suggesting the Earth is a sphere?

I assume you mean "over" not "through".

People have and still do occasionally.

The problem with Antarctica is it has nowhere for flights to touch down in the event of an emergency which is why commercial operators avoid it.