Math majors think they are smart

>math majors think they are smart

pro-tip: most math majors I know of are former engineers who dropped because they couldn't handle the rigor

>tfw getting my masters in MechE
>tfw also speak fluent mandarin
>tfw going to make 300,000 starting

get fucked poorfags

I'm not sure if I want to do engineering. It seems almost like vocational work. I don't see how it would ever be more interesting than having a research position in math physics chemistry. The money seems insignificant in comparison.

poverty is a spectrum.

Without math mayors engineers are nothing. Its beyond me how retarded you are

>implying you will ever need anything beyond differential equations to build literally anything an engineer will ever build.

300,000 starting gtfo

How does a job at a state lottery help an engineer?

$300,000 a year is comfortably poor.

Unless you develop the balls to create something, lifestyle inflation will ensure you live paycheck to paycheck just like everyone you look down on.

Underage detected

>tfw also speak fluent mandarin
this is not an asset

I'd rather feed my fucking ballsack to an alligator than spend my career working in mainland China

kek what rigor?

Enjoy life as a comfortable wage slave, I won't try to stop you.

>masters in engineering gets you a starting 300,000$ job
Wait long long lah, you will never earn that much even if you senior.

Math mayors? What towns are they mayor of?

it's literally two extra classes beyond a basic engineering degree to be a math major

math majors are a fucking joke

They cant be former engineers if they dropped before becoming one OP

>real analysis
>abstract algebra
>complex analysis
>number theory
>various electives

there is a lot of extra classes. at my school those listed above are year long sequences

You either mean math minor or you go to a shitty Uni.

>he fell for the engineering meme

>MechE

kek not only was he too dumb for a math major but he was too dumb for EE as well

Somebody post the Chinese steel industry pic.

Math town.

All math majors can be engineers, but not all engineers can be math majors.

This is a fact. Mad?

>300k starting
Yeah maybe in rupees, Pajeet

Enjoy forever being a wageslave and taking orders from someone else, engineer that bridge bitch!

Not if you live in a country with any regulation whatsoever.

This. No engineers would ever earn that much unless you are really good

300 feet starting.
Any rooftop you want.

kek, this

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

No.

>math mayors
wdhmbt?

>they couldn't handle the rigor
I have taken a lot of engineering courses and most of them are very hand wavy, they were interesting in their own way, but most of the time there was no actual reason given why things "just work".

Also the math engineers actually take is a joke. Barely any proofs at all.

Also most engineers are highly dependent on numerics, without mathematicians developing algorithms to solve complicated problems engineers are basically helpless.
So much in engineering depends on numerics and engineers almost understand none of it.

Nobody cares that you can solve a DE, you have a computer for that which uses the work of mathematicians to solve these problems for you.

And?
Proofs aren't everything you know?

> all algos are written by math majors
Maybe a century ago. Now its just applying linearization and a random ode solver. Newton-Euler still works for most situations

>>tfw getting my masters in MechE
>>tfw also speak fluent mandarin
>>tfw going to make 300,000 starting
I don't believe you at all but, I still want to laugh at the mandarin part.

>Proofs aren't everything you know?
If you are talking about mathematics proofs are literally EVERYTHING.
And everything that has rigor in any form is about proofs.
Thats why the mathematics you know about and apply is NOT rigorous.

You obviously dont need the rigor, mathematicians have done all that for you and developed the framework which you can now use.

>Maybe a century ago. Now its just applying linearization and a random ode solver. Newton-Euler still works for most situations
This is just plain wrong.
Maybe it is different where you live, but here in Germany engineers here use things like FEM and related methods, which require advanced mathematics to really understand them.