Helping clean up lab

>Helping clean up lab
>Some fags don't wipe up their counter
>Put arm on counter
>AgOH stain on my arm

At laest I'm worth slightly more than I was before. How long will this shit last?

>How long will this shit last?

Until you make something funky with the Nitric Acid in the lab during class

It looks like I have a shitstain on my forearm. Please help

these frog memes get weirder and weirder.

Now that is a rare fucking pepe

his bowl is full of meatballs and mashed potatoes right....right?

Get revenge and summon the ghost of Nobel and introduce the class to Nitroglycerine

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE as you throw the full beaker at the blackboard/whiteboard

As a chemist, this is the only course of action I can see.

How about as a non-autist?

A couple of months, it'll be like that until you completely shed your skin.

Well, that's just sit in the corner and shut up.

I might have to do this. The things people do in this lab makes me angry.

Fuck.

yo why was your forearm exposed? Aren't you required to wear a lab coat for chem labs?

Post pic

I wasn't doing a lab, I was helping clean up. I should have been more careful but I wasn't expecting anyone would leave a puddle of silver hydroxide precipitate on the counter.

Oh shit senpai that sucks. If it makes you feel better in my Ochem lab something similar happened yesterday. Before I put on gloves, as I'd just walked into lab, I placed my stuff on the counter and rested my hands, and now I have a really ugly acetylferrocene brown stain on my hand.

Why can't people just clean up after themselves?

>unprotected skin contact with the lab bench
After you get off your 72 hour psychiatric hold, you're going to have a 72 hour chat with the department's safety officer.

And then I'll begin my 72 year departmental probation.

>carrying out soxhelet extraction of lipids from biomass
>use 250 ml hexane
>as soon as we are done with the analysis we take the flask containing the hexane and pour it into the sink in the equipment cleaning room
>passing master students ask what the smell is
>say hexane
>they freak out wear masks and call the supervisor then run outside to get fresh air
>mfw we get rekt by the professor responsible for safety
>he says there aren't consequences that we'll face now but we might later
Could I be thrown out for this?

Nah, Hexane is relatively safe, especially at that amount.

No problems, really.

I don't really care about the health issues. I mean I sniffed to it to check if it smelled as good as benzene.
I'm more worried about the consequences I might face. I don't want my reputation destroyed and me kicked out of uni. How common is it to get expelled for stuff like this?

It's one of the major constituents of gasoline. So, like, your pipes probably aren't "rated" for it, there are minor flammability concerns, and it's technically improper dumping, but you didn't recklessly endanger anyone, merely break institutional policy on waste disposal, which is more a matter of regulatory compliance than anything.
There IS a difference, but be wary of the fact that science professors are very sensitive to negligence and this may impact your opportunities there as well as any letters of reference, even though I don't think you can be kicked out.

Hexane might ignite, and it also suspected of causing cancer when exposed for prolonged periods. Worst case scenario is you ruined some pipes.

My worst lab experience
>Organic lab
>been drying our product in vacuum exsicator (not correctly translated, sorry)
>it's greased up to ensure vacuum tank is sealed
>time to open up
>it's fucking stuck
>I'll just heat it with a heat gun and, no problem
>the vacuum tank is made of glass and suddenly starts to violently crack
>the whole thing implodes and glass cut up my arm and chest, and sample is ruined
>a full 4 days of synthesis is ruined
Just fuck my shit up senpai

t. Org chemist msster student

Okay I suppose. the guy was really pissed but I wasn't going to ask him for recommendations anyway.

I suppose. But the professor really make it seem like it was a biological hazard and shit. It can deposit in the skin and destroy nerves.

>more worried about the sample than your injuries
Good man.

Hexane is not that bad, I promise. My body will heal but my sample won't

>But the professor really make it seem like it was a biological hazard and shit. It can deposit in the skin and destroy nerves.
Occupational hazards are by far the most extreme, simply because they're chronic. Negligible things add up to real problems over enough time. Working in a lab you need to be cognizant of that, but improperly dumping 250ml hexane into the sewers isn't going to hurt anyone.

A few days usually

It's not dangerous if your dumping it into the sink and it's smells like hexane every here?
Because the inhalation issue can still be there.

Dumb frogsposter

it's not pepe and it's not rare