Sci tells me not to do this because it will fuck me up

>sci tells me not to do this because it will fuck me up
>take it daily as prescribed
>end up getting the best grades I've ever gotten in college and being in the best mental state ever
>been off them for a week now and don't feel any desire to start. All the positive effects I had on them have carried over and now I'm more outgoing and motivated.

Fuck you sci.

Also maybe I lucked out cause I didn't experience any major side effects like being unable to sleep or loss of appetite. I also would exercise regularly and meditate daily. Only annoying side effect was that they would make me smell like shit because of the sweat.

You'll be sorry when you die at 50

What is this? Adderal?

Nah Dexedrine. I don't think burgers get it prescribed anymore though. I remember trying my friends adderrall and I can see how that would fuck you up shit would make me stay up all night.

Hope you like your method cravings op.

drugs are good, op. the people who say "drugs are bad" are likely sheltered and sedentary nerds who will sooner die from their own lack of activity

nice autocorrect

White people shouldn't be doing drugs period. I say this non ironically white people cant be responsible with drugs and always succumb to addiction. I've noticed Asian people can generally be well functioning on drugs and can manage them responsibly.

kys
raceposter

>be lazy brainlet
>get shitty grades
>take adderall
>suddenly do well in school

Even if there was 100% chance I'd die at 50 I'd still take it.

>I remember trying my friends adderrall and I can see how that would fuck you up shit would make me stay up all night.
Then don't take high amounts of it right before bed
>it's a jealous shitskin/chink whining about white people on Veeky Forums episode
Asian "culture" involves blindly following and regurgitating "muh traditional values" so there's less of a chance of succumbing to drug addiction as they're too obsessed with saving face to ever try anything that exists outside of their tiny bubble of what's considered normal. In the case of harmful drugs it's a good result of an extremely toxic mentality

1. OP's image is not adderall
2. Addy makes you energetic and motivated, not smart

>kids thinking neurochemistry won't apply to them
lol

the chance is pretty damn low, especially if you are fit. Running from risk in life is also a bit of a bitch move.

To add: 20mg or 40mg of adderall a day would develop a tolerance and a baseline which is nothing like taking it randomly for recreation. Obviously, minimize your intake as much as possible. You dont want to take more than you need.

Didn't Erdos rely on them heavily?
Pretty sure it's fine.

take the pills for developing interest while doing boring topics. knce you reach a certain level of mastery over the subject,quit taking them and try building a strong work ethic.
stop taking them everyday as it will build up tolerance and make you a brainlet for depending on externql substances

>going straight for the meth

does ritalin compare to adderall?

Don't listen to Veeky Forums's advice.

Veeky Forums told me to bring food to my defense, and one of my committee members went fucking bananas

Should I switch to it? Ritalin isn't doing for me anymore.

ecks dee

How do you get a script if you have adhd with the numerous huge hoops you have to jump through to get it its counter intuitively a test to see whether or not you have adhd. What I mean is if you can complete all the crap they require you to do to get the script then how can you truly have adhd? I can't get anything done much less navigate through all their requirements and I feel if I could jump through all those hoops then I would just get stuff done without meds.

>asians
>handle drugs
Wew

Took Ritalin for ~2 years, been on dex for ~6. There is no comparison. Ritalin is a trash-tier, short half-life, adrenally activating waste of time. Dexedrine is the real deal: it transformed my life (I take the time release "spansules", like the OP).
I've never tried Adderal though, so can't comment on that.

I would have went for the bananas too. They're delicious.

Dexedrine (Dexamphetamine) is the best drug I have ever tried for motivation. I never had an issue understand abstract concepts or learning, but I have always been depressed/dysthymic . The amount of productivity between my normal state and the Dex-state is simply not comparable. But it's not really sustainable long term, you become dependent on it and desensitized to it's effects to the point where you have to continuously raise the dosage until the side effects get too much to handle.

I am currently waiting an order of Selegiline from India, it's a MAO-B inhibitor, so it should increase the levels of dopamine in my brain more subtlety, but for longer periods of time and with less side effects. I read a lot of good reports on it, hopefully it will work for me.

>willingly using old as fuck mao inhibitors
Why

They seem to be the most effective medications available, at least according to the reports I am reading. A MAO-B inhibitor should only increase Dopamine, without affecting other neurotransmitters. Considering I respond very well to anything that increases that chemical, the long half life of the drug and the apparently non-existent side effects it seems like it's worth a trial.

Dexedrine is merely D-amphetamine. Adderall is a 50/50 mix of D-amphetamine and L-amphetamine. Adderall is popular because it does indeed improve your cognition when it's administered properly.

Dexedrine still exists in the US, but it's rarely prescribed. I have only heard about people getting it on request from unusually cooperative doctors.

>dropping dead from taking 10mg of Dex for a while
Nah. The dangers of amphetamine use come from either heavy abuse (meaning smoking fat shards of crystal on the reg) or people who try to use them as a performance enhancer in sports, which is a great way to cause cardiovascular problems.

What the fuck, lol that user was trolling you. Never seen food at a defence before. Also this is what you get for not doing others in your department the courtesy of attending their defence.

Should I ask my doctor about switching to this? I'm on 60mg Vyvanse right now and it lasts for fucking ever. I only started Vyvanse recently and took Adderall for 5 years before. I don't do any other drugs

How do you guys even request this stuff from your doc? I've never took any drugs to improve my performance in school. I've only ever heard of people taking adderall, but I'm pretty sire the OP is not adderall. Kinda curious now desu. Need that extra motivation.

Tell him you want a perfomance enchancer. If he says no change doctors.

>wanting to become older than 50
Get a load of this cuck.

Isn't dopamine the reason was amphetamine's cloud the decision making process with euphoria and overconfidence?

Could amphetamines been taken once a week with a healthy lifestyle? I'm talking good diet, regular exercise and 7 hours of sleep. Any tips for eating during trips?

Sure, if you get it high enough. If you're a person suffering from Dysthymia, increasing dopamine slightly won't necessarily make you spent your fortune gambling. It should increase drive, sense of well being and attention.
Now, there's a lot of reports by Parkinson patients who are put on Selegiline, L-Dopa and Cabergoline who do indeed become very impulsive, many end up with gambling addictions and have a interesting propensity to become enamored with creative outlets. I myself have noticed that on Dexedrine, I become much more able to visualize things in my mind and enjoy music, and even find joy in trying to re-compose or come up with my own melodies/harmonies, verbal fluency is highly increase too and in general my Aesthetic appreciation for things seems heightened. If you type in google ''NCBI Parkison Medication Creativity'' you'll find a lot of interesting talk on the topic.

I thought it was significant enough. Pilots and SOF in the US military had moved to Modafinal for that exact reason. I weigh about 80kg and anything over 15mg start to get "overconfident". 10mg is "boring" but I still get better focus than caffeine although (it's been a while since I've tripped) increased productivity seemed to only last 1-2 hours even though I was stimulanted for 8. 25mg is recreational where I find I can focus on any task and be flooded with euphoria. Thatt Parkison tip is interesting though. I'll check it out tomorrow.

user, you seem pretty well versed in psychoactive substances. How do you get better at describing the experiences? I read Erowid trip reports and the ones that are more emperical and provide a lot of comfort went charting unknown territory. Also, what's your favorite subbed tryptamine?

Wow I've tried everything for my ADHD except dexedrine but reading this thread makes me want to ask my Dr about switching to it.

Sure. A lot of prescription users only dose a couple days a week. You might want to avoid some of the excersise when you're on it though. Amphetamines raise your blood pressure quite a bit. However, the only deaths I've heard of were fatties with existing health problems, people who dosed pretty heavily, and people that made a habit of dosing and working out.

>tips for eating
Just remember to do it. If you have difficulty choking down a meal I would suggest a protein shake just to keep you going.

Btw I am talking about legit pharma pills here. I wouldn't try regimented use of street drugs. Impurities and adulterants might be a factor.

>I thought it was significant enough. Pilots and SOF in the US military had moved to Modafinal for that exact reason

I believe that's the case, I would also prefer Modafinil over Dexedrine if I was a pilot. Less chances of euphoria getting in the way of a highly technical job that has little necessity for impulsivity, or so it seems to me.

Modafinil is my usual go to pill for what I consider to be ''robot'' work, any repetitive task such as practicing free hand ellipses or piano scales since it pretty much removes that ''I don't feel like doing this'' feel for me. On the other hand, Dexedrine is something I consider using for both, giving me that initial impulse to get started on a project that also happens to be slightly more creative, such as actually coming up with a concept design or composing a piece.I find studying on Dexedrine is also more enjoyable, since I have an easier time visualizing and thinking abstractedly.

Which is one is more preferred to you I suppose depends on your current state of mind and field of interest.

>How do you get better at describing the experiences?

I am not sure I am the right person to ask, my friend. I struggle with this issue too. I imagine reading books in general might be the way to go, as you gather up patterns in writing and lexicon as the same time you build up your imagination. But I hardly ever read, so....there's that.

>favorite subbed tryptamine?

I have never tried any, what's yours?

>user, you seem pretty well versed in psychoactive substances.

It does not go very deep, but I do have an interest in the topic due to my attempts to fix my dysthymia and to experimenting with the possibility of training myself to acquire Synaesthesia, particularly sound to color through micro-dosing LSD while doing Ear training on a piano. Very unlikely, and I've yet to acquire any LSD but it's something I definitely still wish to try.

I don't have any experience with Modafinal but that's interesting you use it for practicing an instrument. I used to play trumpet as a kid and remember how boring scales would get. With never have thought to try it under stims. Maybe because I label any physical activity with caution while planning trips. Silly because I doubt playing a trumpet raises your heartbeat that much. That's a good point about the different task. Studying doesn't require the coordinator required in military task. Also, I found that the confidence amphetamines produce is the primary reason for increased "abstract thinking". Papers that are wrote while stimmed are still pretty good when sober but don't flow as well. I believe it's because a lot of stuff I filter or wouldn't want to communicate comes out while influenced.

Can you comment on Modafinal for staying awake? I've hear that's where it really shines.

>What's yours?
Only tried 4-aco-dmt. Very similar to people's description of psilocybin with practically no body load. I don't have any first-hand experience with mushrooms but a lot of the analgies people made with LSD made sense. Electric vs. acoustic guitar, passenger vs driver seat, etc. More "tribal" or primative than LSD for sure. I haven't tripped in a months but

I'm attracted to tryptamines because of the short duration. 4-ho-met caught my eye because it seems to have less headspace and more visuals than a traditional mushrooms trip. Those attributes are great for combos with alcohol or dissociativives. 2-CB is usually the go-to but for some reason I needed double the dose, had a significant body load, and has quite the sting when insufflated. Maybe bad product but the 4-series seems more promising.

>Microdosing LSD
I have only done it once but I saw some potential. Most of my trips were recreational doses and the long duration, as well as a bad DOM trip, has turned me off to it lately.

>Synesthesia
Hell of an experience but I highly doubt it can be replicated sober.

>Can you comment on Modafinal for staying awake? I've hear that's where it really shines.

Great stuff, I take around 100mg 4 days on 3 days off to avoid tolerance buildup. It seems to peak around the two hours mark and lasts for 15hs aprox. It gives me a clear-headed, wakeful feeling and a very silent brain, similarly to what one gets after a mindful meditative session. I find that it makes tedious and boring tasks very doable to do for prolonged periods of time without any sudden impulses to procrastinate, at the same time it seems to stop the flow of ''random'' mental images or connections between ideas, creativity I suppose. It's the perfect tool for the meat grinder type of work that's necessary in any project of significance you wish to partake in, to be honest. Used properly along side Exercise, meditation and a healthy diet, it's amazing tool to have in your toolkit to power through lingering projects, maybe not so good to get them started, but I suppose that also depends on you and your ''default state of mind''.
Honestly, I think both Modafinil and Dexedrine/(Likely Selegiline too) are excellent drugs to have at your disposal to cover difference necessities. I would not trade one for the other, but rather seek to learn which one works best for what scenario.

>dex
>took ritalin
are you from the netherlands

I become such a fucking chad on this shit. I can talk to anyone and am just down for anything. All my natural anxiety just melts away. The one semester I took it it I made so many friends and was always invited to shit. :(

>live old enough to experience technological singularity
>suddenly have the tech to transplant brains into cyborg bodies
>live indefinitely
i am lmao'ing at you

Idea of you/=/your brain
You'd just be a copy that you can observe from a third person if you were still alive.

WHAT DOES IT EVEN MATTER

Only brainlets need amphetamine

>t. virgin

>Pilots and SOF in the US military had moved to Modafinal for that exact reason.
US pilots pumped on "go pills" bombed Canadian forces on the ground a few year ago. While the pilots were found not guilty (as always) the diplomatic fallout meant that they had to look into this.

There have been rumours the go pills cause heightened levels of aggression and confidence but not surprisingly hard facts are difficult to come by.

Absolutely savage, desu.