What happened to Veeky Forums?

Why are you all disagreeing with Bill Nye? Are we a Republican board now?

Last time I checked, science was not for hicks, nor was it close-minded.

Other urls found in this thread:

gallup.com/poll/170822/believe-creationist-view-human-origins.aspx
m.youtube.com/watch?v=fajfkO_X0l0
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/118604972/#q118604972
restructure.wordpress.com/2009/08/07/sexist-feynman-called-a-woman-worse-than-a-whore/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Science was never "minded" at all. Science isn't your buddy or a shoulder to cry on, it's a way of objectively discerning how the world works.

Exactly, so why are Republicans suddenly flooding this board to cry about how they confuse gender and sex? Bill Nye (who has a ton of honorary degrees, by the way, more than essentially all Republicans) didn't do anything wrong. He took an objective stance based on science and psychology, he didn't spin woo-woo like how Republicans do with their Alternative Facts

DUDE STRAWMAN LMAO

What are you even saying? People here are just laughing at bill nye for being a faggot and making a cringe ass video, why the fuck are you so triggered over people disagreeing with the 1000 garillion genders phenomena?

Gender doesn't belong on a science show

It's subjective

Hence, Nye is a hack

>He took an objective stance based on science and psychology
No. He uttered a statement so far away from reality and common sense that only someone indoctrinated by far left pseudo science could even think of it.

Also you should probably realize that less then 1% of the american population take ken ham or alex jones seriously or would even agree with some subset of their claims.

>who has a ton of honorary degrees
Do you know what the difference between an honorary degree and a real degree is?
If you get a PHD for the research you have made you have proven that you have an expertise in the field.
An honorary degree shows that you have done something potentially valuable like communicating science to the public, it is not a qualification for anything, or shows that you have any knowledge at all.

I identify myself as a frog.
>t. Frog gril

I think sex should be the same as gender and people that are sexually ambiguous should be assigned a gender based on their condition. Anything else is really touchy-feely and wholly unnecessary.

My man take a moment to imagine if instead of Bill Nye we had someone else telling us all about science. A Trump supporter. Who constantly wore his Trump hat, and complained about those dumb moron hippy faggot liberals for not getting with the program.

And then instead of presenting with objectivity about the limitations of scientific thought and how scientific information is a constantly ongoing process of developing evidence he proceeded to present largely subjective information in an incredibly volatile and controversial subject as irrefutable scientific fact all with a dance number, and a video about cartoon ice cream cones praying the gay away.

It doesn't matter what their politics are. It's that they are presenting controversial ethical and political subjects that are regularly being disputed and are far from exhaustively researched as settled science.

lol retard defending a hack pop sci moron. Go back to tumblr you PCkin

A whole spectrum of strawmen

As a moderate, I dislike both sides, but god damn is the left pushing really hard. Let the pendulum swing back to equilibrium plz.

Gender really isn't science. It's not a left or a right thing.

Sex is a science.

Using science for your political agenda, regardless of wether you are actually a scientist or not, is the most disgustingly apprehensible act you can commit against it and its community.

Very nice false flag /pol/tard.

It doesn't matter whether republican or not. Sience isn't political. If hes spouting bullshit hes spouting bullshit.

>"if you're not a commie, you're a nazi" meme

Kill yourself.

>Bill Nye (who has a ton of honorary degrees, by the way, more than essentially all Republicans)
>honorary degrees
>honorary
Weak b8

>shareblue
this is either bait or shareblue shills are actually retarded. I'm going to assume this is /pol/ bait.

Veeky Forums is somewhat still like this but does not agree with the popsci fag 100%.
There are more than 2 genders but these are extremely rare anyway.
But why would Veeky Forums agree with any popsci?

And its always fine to be "close-minded" dumb frogposter.
You don't wanna have your mind that open so everyone but pajeet will use your head as a public toilet desu.

/pol/ack here. This bait post mimicks one retard that shilled on our board some time ago. Same anime image macros and writing style. Could be him though.

No need to send me back. I mostly lurk

>Republicans
Shut the fuck up Donny

A gay frog?

only americans think that sex and gender are not synonyms you stupid fuck.

i w_nt t_ f_ck th_t fr_g

That's not true, thanks to american feminists thinkers, the cool thing between female socialite in other countries it has also become feminism,

>>/pol/

>It's subjective

So gender is indeed not biological?

>Also you should probably realize that less then 1% of the american population take ken ham or alex jones seriously or would even agree with some subset of their claims.

gallup.com/poll/170822/believe-creationist-view-human-origins.aspx

There can be stuff inbetween disagreeing with Bill Nye and being a Republican board. Stop thinking so binary.

Shitty b8 is shitty b8

bill nye isn't a scientist lel

>only republicans are capable of critical thinking

???

politicizing science makes you look like a brainlet. science doesbt care about what party you vote for. there are biologically 2 sexes and they arent on a spectrum. only a very small, almost statistically insignificant amount of people are born with a genetic defect that causes confusion, and even fewer where the issue cannot be fixed surgically when the baby is born. That is an observable fact.

wtf im a nazi now!

It is also an observable fact that gender expression is a spectrum and its roots are socialization.
>case closed

your gender is your imagination.

/pol/ is the second largest board on Veeky Forums. Stormfags have taken over and they're shitting up this board with flame bait threads about gender and climate change, which get more responses than the actual science/math threads. There's nothing really to do other than ignoring them so they go back to their (overflowing and crowded) containment board.

sam harris - "the self is an illusion"

m.youtube.com/watch?v=fajfkO_X0l0

>if the self is an illusion, then so is gender

>image macros
I honestly started to think this phrase was long forgotten.

The /pol/ boogeyman isn't nearly as big as most people think. The idea that only /pol/ has these kinds of viewpoints, or likes to talk about these things, and the rest of the website feels completely differently, is not accurate.

Regardless it's made the website a lot more obnoxious, even in 2010 it wasn't this bad

more like shill nye the science goy

Not a false flag, I browse /pol/ and I recognize this retard making threads against republicans every day.
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/118604972/#q118604972

Many people are staunchly apolitical, and only react to things that are clearly over the line of being reasonable. Republicans say stupid shit about scientific fields and the environment a lot, and this is usually enough to get a reaction out of people on Veeky Forums who don't care about politics, which is where the perception that this board is 'on the left side' comes from.

On the other hand, this Bill Nye gender spectrum shit is so obviously over-the-top and unnecessarily dogmatic that the same apolitical people who "hate republicans" are reacting to this negatively too, because its fucking hilariously bad.

No one is exempt from being mercilessly mocked just because I may happen to align with them politically.

good post

>Veeky Forums who don't care about politics
Veeky Forums is crowded with hypersensitive emotional tumblretards who will cry /pol/ at the slightest sign of controversy, those retards have been shitting up this board and derailing threads..

MY SEX JUNK IS SO OH OH OH

Science is not for popsci faggots like Nye, presenting his own ideologies as science.

There's a substantial segment of the atheist community who are libertarians, racists, and who often associate with the Republican party. This is generally the same group that uses terms like "SJW" as an insult, "cuck", "libtard", etc. Also see MRA groups, i.e. Red Pill subreddit.

Wait. I have an honorary degree! I guess that means I'm a scientist, too!

No, you're right

Republicans are all shitheads and stupid as fuck; any institution that is serious about science would fire Retardicans on the spot. Also, scientists with any shred of dignity would be liberals (not even moderate Republicans)

Are you really this stupid? In most other countries, most inanimate objects are ascribed gender. This is the only country where it's even debated because our school system is so shitty.

That's ridiculous. Republicans are too stupid to be hired to a scientific institution in the first place.

>who has a ton of honorary degrees

>Because it's not a baby until it sees daylight, GMOs are literal cancer, and my gender is based on muh feels
Yes, libtards are great with science. They gave us Scienceā„¢.

>Doesn't know the difference between a zygote and an infant, or gender and sex
GMOs aren't a left/right issue, dummy.

Part of me wants to believe this is bait.

The other half knows this is exactly what my libshit colleagues actually believe.

It's probably bait.

bad bait, is bad bait:

religious people who contributed to science:
>Newton(really religious guy)
>Euler(religious and conservative)
>Gauss(supported monarchy, against french revolution)
>Godel
>Descartes
>Pascal
>Cauchy(supported monarchy, religious catholic, against french revolution)
>Lord Kelvin
>Galileu
>Kepler
>Ramanujan
>...

you know how big this list can get, the fact is: most great scientists and mathematicians of the past were religious in some way, some like Newton and Euler more than the average at the time.

extra:
Von Neumann was very anti-communist.
Richard Feynman voted Republican
also his views on women: restructure.wordpress.com/2009/08/07/sexist-feynman-called-a-woman-worse-than-a-whore/

all those in this list would be considered "problematic" by the Reddit/atheist/democrat bullshit crew.

Conclusion: most of the greatest minds of the past were not liberal.

bu-bu-but if they lived today...
they don't.

>t. person who purposefully missed the point so he could continue arguing the same thing over and over

Man, people sure love to be contrarians.

BULL-SHIT

I guess since the great minds of today are atheist (Hawking, Dawkins, Hitchens, Tyson, Tao, Nye, Maher, Krauss), I guess that is proof of atheism!!!!!!

>t. person who addressed only one aspect of OP's post
FTFY whore

where did I say "most great thinkers of the past were religious therefore God is real."?
the claim is not in my comment, you invented it.

>great minds of today
>Nye
>Tyson
>Maher

ok I baited

MAN HAVE BENIS
WOMAN HAVE BURGINA

Gender expression is a spook, genetic sequences and expression are not. The basis of scientific materialism is the existence of objective reality

Bill Nye the Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering Guy has no qualifications or authoritative justifications in sociology or biology

>also his views on women: restructure.wordpress.com/2009/08/07/sexist-feynman-called-a-woman-worse-than-a-whore/
That's indeed weird, I'd happily offer myself to Feynman, even if he didn't buy me a sandwich. Shame he wasn't an engineer.

>Has meme text image
>Is shit bait
>On page 1
Veeky Forums come please

i'm convinced this guy is a shill

Letting science and politics merge was a mistake. Perhaps we should have kept the state and science separate just like religion

People who see the world in simplistic "us or them" terms don't belong on Veeky Forums. Go play with "people" of your level over on /pol/ or /b/.

Gender is literally based off of sex. There are 2 sexes and everything else that's considered a gender is a label used to justify abhorrent behavior.

Republicans need to be thrown a bone now and then in order to keep them feeling included and in control. This prevents the god-fearing southern coal miners, truck drivers and farmers from staging a peasant revolt.

>the same apolitical people who "hate republicans" are reacting to this negatively too
More like /pol/ are chimping out as usual.

There was a time when sci was a great board. Now it's been taken over by shills and axe-grinders. If I were a mod, all of their crap threads: "Prove there's no God!" "Is Bill Nye's Dick on a Spectrum?" et fucking cetera (this thread included) would be immediately deleted and shitposters permabanned. Sci used to attract some smart people and incite fascinating high-level discussions, but no good mind will tolerate this boring, juvenile, incessant bullshit for long. Mods need to take control before it's too fucking late.

>There was a time when sci was a great board
Yes, for a whole hour.

>Von Neumann was very anti-communist.
I love how being anti totalitarian regime must mean being republicans. Just like people hating nazis are never republicans. Actually being religious doesn't mean being conservative.

Also ironically Feynman had a divorce because his wife was too republican for him.

Also math is not science.

they are all from /pol/. Veeky Forums supports and loves Bill Nye. He's the science guy

The internet has started to become more and more right-leaning since GG. Eventually it will probably go back to being left-leaning and the cycle will continue.