Name one problem in competer """""""""""""'""""science"""""""""""""" aka applied autism that couldn't be solved by any...

Name one problem in competer """""""""""""'""""science"""""""""""""" aka applied autism that couldn't be solved by any mathematician who cared in 5 seconds flat. I'll wait.

Other urls found in this thread:

projecteuler.net/problem=22
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fizz buzz
moving decimal places
tab vs spaces

p VERSUS np

that will be solved by a mathematician tho

5 seconds are out tho

Rounding to 2 decimal places.

>mathematician who cared in 5 seconds flat.

Honestly, the black guy in the image has a higher IQ then you.

Hi /b/

yes but I just wanted to point out it will be a mathematician's solution.

A computer scientist is a mathematician.

What's your point?

kys pleb

Automated theorem solvers which use SAT solving to prove things that mathematicians couldn't prove given centuries of collective thought.

\frac{\left \lfloor {100}{x} \right \rfloor}{100}

developing and maintaining a complex information processing systems would be on my list

lmao the SAT is easy as fuck you don't need computers to solve it

All NP-Complete problems can be composed as a Boolean SAT problem, try solving the traveling salesmen problem with all cities in the U.S. by composing it as a SAT question and then tell me how long it takes you to finish by hand.

sum of all primes below 2 million is still one of the most famous unsolved problems on /g/

>Fucking idiots CS majors all you can do is fizzbuzz
>No I can't implement fizzbuzz, I'm not a stupid CS major why would I want to?
>I could if I wanted to

>Name one problem in competer """""""""""""'""""science"""""""""""""" aka applied autism that couldn't be solved by any mathematician who cared in 5 seconds flat. I'll wait.

Writing some shitty 10k SLOC program for his pajeet boss, getting paid barely above minimum wage.

Average software engineer makes more than average {*} Engineer

I make 6 figures kys

using object oriented programming techniques
knowing what a function is and when to use it

I've seen this far too often

>it's another "math majors at shitty state schools attack computer science" thread

Just declaring as a math major at Chattahoochie Polytechnic doesn't put you in the same league as Terry Tao.

Mathematicians and scientists write the WORST code every, all they think about is getting it good enough to run then never touching it again

Have fun getting replaced by some Indian in the next 5 years then.

There are people out there who are as good as you, but work for a fraction for your wages, most of them come from India.

Programming is such an easy think that even the stupid Indians can understand and get good at it. Your life is basically fucked, your major is about as good as liberal arts.

>knowing what a function is
No computer """""""""""""scientist""""""""""""""" understands as much about functions as a mathematician.

>object oriented programming techniques
5 minutes googling is enough to understand that.

they aren't tribes you autistic fuck, they cross over heavily.

kek

Why does CS get math majors so butthurt?

I really don't understand the inferiority complex. Is it the higher wages and employment in CS?

It's funny but at this point it's just getting sad.

>CS
>employment

If you're gonna bash CS then at least give legitamite arguments. Otherwise you end up looking like a butthurt math major who still can't find work.

Really though, why does CS make you so mad? Why the inferiority complex?

WTF is that? APL without the special character set?

projecteuler.net/problem=22

This is actually one of the easiest problems on the site, but it illustrates a problem with trying to use pure math to solve a problem wherein not every input is directly expressible as a quantity and where you may be given a large non-pattern-conforming set to work with.

>stuff
I'm not even cs, but i know how this shit goes. I've got a friend who's gotten endless calls from Indian companies asking him to work for them ever since he made a Linkedin that includes his class projects up to his senior year.

The best Computer Scientists where Mathematicians

The best Mathematicians where Mathematicians.

think about that...

>The best Mathematicians where Mathematicians.
Nope, they were physicists.

Whats the difference between software engineering and computer science?

Isaac Newton was an Elder God, not a physicist. Aside from him, you have Pythagoras, Euler, Leibniz, Fermat, Hilbert, Ramanujan, Riemann

Oh, and I'm not forgetting Alan Turing. Math has not only had the jump on CS by millennia, but CS came from math that was overlayed upon physics. CS, in its most basic form, is applied control theory over long series of logic gates. The actual interface between the low-level control theory and the more surface-level CS is the domain of the software engineer.

>salesmen problem

It's the first unsolved problem I was introduced to.

I'm just a stupid biologist. But reading this thread, am I right in estimating that CS is an applied version of math? Not dissimilar to what Bioinformatics is to Biochemistry? If so, then allow me to rephrase the OP:

Why one would on ever drive a vehicle, when Usaine Bolt can run faster with just his legs?
To which the answer is: Because Usaine Bolt can't take everyone to work.

Well I certainly cocked up the english on that. Hope you can forgive me.

Pfft biology, go study a fucking leaf.

>replaced by indian in 5 years
>trump will be prez for 8 and ivanka another 8 aftet
>Not realizing tht no enginnering job is hiring pajets since trump got collected
>literally every job posting even amazon says no pajeets allowed

Who eles here 23 making 180k/yr as a sr react dev n ddnt go to college

Feelsgoodman chad out
See u losers later going to let ur stacey finish me off

How exactly is bioinformatics "applied" biochemistry you fucking noob?

theres alot of problems in math that can be solved with computers basically

>Programming is such an easy think that even the stupid Indians can understand and get good at it

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

took me less than 5 (

>any mathematician who cared in 5 seconds flat

I doubt that most mathematicians could quickly and independently develop the full body of theory that's used to construct LL and LR parsers.

I'm not saying that it wouldn't be possible for a mathematician to do this -- I'm just saying that developing that entire theoretical framework from scratch would probably take a significant amount of time. The construction techniques employ a clever usage of automata and stacks, and the way those two things interact is not trivial.