Scientifically speaking, is a fetus a living, functioning homo sapiens...

Scientifically speaking, is a fetus a living, functioning homo sapiens? Is killing a fetus one week before birth any different than killing it one week after birth? If a fetus extracted from the womb a few days before birth were placed next to a baby born naturally, could a PhD. Embryologist tell a difference?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apoptosis
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Scientically speaking, why won't you fucking kill yourself already. Every time I come to Veeky Forums and see another of these gay ass threads it just makes me wish that the vacuum will collapse.

Scientifically speaking, what biochemically stimulates the massive release of dopamine when you shitpost like this?

Biologically, the organism becomes a living, single entity after fertilization of the egg occurs and genetic material combines, since the organism's genome forms and begins expression. If the genome were to be sequenced/karyotyped at this moment, you could identify it as a human.

It is living being, it has all the charasteics that are required for a living being. Liberal sci just disawovs science when it hurts their adultreus girlfriends feefees.

Yeah, whatever. You could consider about every individual cell in your body a living functioning organism.
You being a fetus was like a parasitic phase you gradually grew out of. The biggest difference between killing you a few days before birth and killing you a few days after birth are some arbitrary rules someone made up. Don't get me wrong, I'm pro-choice.

Protip: Voluntary abortions after 6 months is basically non-existent.

Every cell is a living being you nibba

Society is so irrational and bipolar on this question. You can be charged with homicide for killing a fetus in most jurisdictions, but it's okay for the mom to kill it? Okay.

You wouln't destroy your living cells would you?

Are down syndrome humans then? What about Turner?

It's misogynistic to take away a mother's right to have her baby.

Nope, it can't live independently of the mother so isn't alive.

>your grandpa cant live indeoendently of his meds/iron lung/walker so lets shoot him

They arnt from another human being tho. Quit being pedantic. you know what he meant.

The anti science notions on this board are sad to see. Please don't let politics getin the way of critical thinking next time.

A fetus one week away from the expected due date would be perfectly capable of surviving outside of the womb. Premature babies are born all the time.

IMO abortion is essentially infanticide, but I support it anyway because we have too many people fating out kids that they don't want to/can't care for. That just leads to more crime and poverty in the future. It's unfortunate that these mental midgets can't just use contraception in the first place.

No you cant you stupid fuck. Have you ever even looked up the word organism? i suggest you should.

plus dont forget that abortions are usualy done on babies of poor and ethnic minority people which keeps them a bit in check. IDK why anyone would say its not killing a baby when it obviously is but i dont understand stopping it either other than for religious reasons which dont make sence anyways.

?

>Is killing a fetus one week before birth any different than killing it one week after birth?
Not that much new development happens in this last week, so not really much different. People don't kill babies 1 week before birth though, more like 7 months before at the latest.

It is a human (obviously), just a severely undeveloped one. It takes to 6 months through development for the brain's main structures to be formed and the brain to have proper function. Of course it continues to develop further for the whole duration of pregnancy. Before those 6 months it's effectively just different components developing that are yet to merge into a cohesive system.

Obviously it's taking a life to abort it at any stage. However this life has no cohesive brain, no sensory information and thus no consciousness, memories or anything. It's yet to form anything in the world, or form it's brain into an individual. In this way it's a bit different to killing someone who is an individual in the world, with a family, friends, motives, interests, etc.

Personally I think abortion should be purely about utilitarianism, because our present religion-derived ethical systems embedded in our cultures really don't accommodate the subtleness of such a thing and it's mostly irrelevant to them, so they don't need to.

1. need population? only allow disabled to be aborted (perhaps not even them, depends if you consider them to be an addition to the society, will they reduce economic and social value, or contribute?).
2. population doesn't matter? allow it in general but be a bit restrictive, don't make it an easy and rash process that is completely open.
3. population sorely needs to be cut down? aggressively promote contraceptives and abortion, making the prospect of children to be unfashionable and regularly eliminated.

The difference is that it has to be able to live independently from another organism to count. That is why viruses aren't considered alive or at least one of the main reasons.

Thats wrong moron. Viruses arnt considered alive because they cant reporoduce by themselves and thry dont grow or respomd to stimuli.

>Obviously it's taking a life to abort it at any stage. However this life has no cohesive brain, no sensory information and thus no consciousness, memories or anything. It's yet to form anything in the world, or form it's brain into an individual. In this way it's a bit different to killing someone who is an individual in the world, with a family, friends, motives, interests, etc.

So you can shoot somebody who's in a coma since he's not conscious?

>implying viruses dont survive outside for decades
>implying a fetus isnt human because its still developing

Maybe we could shoot people while they're asleep since they're not conscious.

I can't live without cows, pigs, chickens, scores of bacteria, various plants- holly shit! I'm not alive! Phew, thanks user, you're a life saver! literally

Everybody do it en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apoptosis

If you don't want to be aborted, go live outside of womb, nigga.

Same as when you destroy someone's property.

Abortion is a band-aid for a much larger problem. It's wrong in my opinion. Yes I agree that it helps with less children being born in poverty and harsh conditions. But why are those conditions the way they are? The whole system is corrupt. If abortion were made illegal, then there was be less sds, as more people would use condoms. I know not all would and the pill would used as well. If the government made it more difficult for nig nogs to be on welfare, and would be made to reach a higher standard of living if children are involved would help. I don't have a good to this problem, but abortion is murder no matter how you want to put it. The only instances where it should be considered is if it's incest/rape or the mother's life is in danger. I feel it's kind of like giving people a reason to live in shit conditions, and just hide from the problem. We turn or heads and say "move along, nothing to see here." Abortion is degeneracy at it's worse.

people who are unconscious still have all the neural connections, memories and personality, they are just inactive, asleep, and may wake up

now if we are talking about braindead people who have actually destroyed higher brains but live on life support, then yes, shoot away, what matters is dead already

Abortion is the killing of a baby and anyone who says otherwise is just letting politics get in the way of critical thinking. On the topic of should it be ok to abort or not is iffy because on one hand youre killing babies but on the other its usually black and mexican babies and id rather not live in a poverty and crime filled (((USA)))

Yes, people with downs and Turner's are still human. They will receive both copies of the parent's genes, but nondisjunction occurs during meiosis 1 or 2 so that chromosomes are mismatched in cells, but they can still be identified as human by the rest of the autosomal pairs of chromosomes that are characteristic to us.

No, it can't live without its mother.

>If abortion were made illegal, then there was be less sds, as more people would use condoms
No just no

>can't virus in plural
>thinks vira are alive even when told they aren't

it is time to kys

Neither you can, fag.

Fetus are living beings, but more like animals and not full humans.

what

>"The verdict is: “The English plural ofvirusis viruses, not viri.” Merriam-Webster agrees,"
literally just look up a dictionary before you talk.
Never said they were alive just that they survive outside which they do dip shit

Dude, abortion is cool. It keeps the black population down!

Yeah I think this is the /thread post for me