I want to know what it feels like to be autistic

I want to know what it feels like to be autistic.

How would i go about turning myself into an autistic person?

There was a thread about an user that became autistic after eating noting but butter dogs for a few weeks so i know it's possible to willingly become autistic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lr4_dOorquQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>How would i go about turning myself into an autistic person?

Get vaccinated, duh

Visit another country with an alien culture but don
't modify your behavior at all

That wouldn't make me autistic though.

I wouldn't be able to see shapes, taste color or hear smells.

>Implying autism let's you see shapes, smell sounds, and hear smells

Yeah op, I think you already have autism

No you don't.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lr4_dOorquQ

So you want to be on the spectrum?
Well there are several methods now.

that looks fucking awesome

Daily reminder that autists have an average IQ below 80.
Daily reminder that autistic savants are extremely rare.
Daily reminder that self-diagnosing autism doesn't make you smarted and the fact that you're self-diagnosing probably indicates emotional instability which predicts total general failure in the future.
Daily reminder that autistic people, even the non-retard ones, are generally super stupid and non-academic.
Daily reminder that the autistic genius stereotype is totally false, it's also funny that you self-proclaimed geniuses fall for a stereotype forced by the media.
Daily reminder that there's no proof that the great scientists and mathematicians had autism but Autism bloggers will still claim they do. Just like they claim Bill Gates has autism and everyone else even remotely intelligent.

Finally, Daily reminder that Aspergers syndrome was removed from the DSM and there's no such thing as Aspergers.

That's synesthesia. It exists in a higher proportion in austistic people than in non-autistic ones, but it's not what defines it. We have a number of sensory quirks like hyper/hyposensitivity, stimming, etc.

If you just want to experience synesthesia, try acid or shrooms. I can attest that it works as a multiple-synesthete who has tripped and experienced forms of synesthesia I don't normally have.

If you want to actually experience having a completely different interface your whole life, social difficulty, hypersensitivity, having a weird vestibular system, obsession with trivia, difficulty with subtlety, the drive to repeat stereotyped behaviors, etc., I dunno if there actually exists anything that replicates that.

Throw in the fact that even us spergs are wired differently from one another, and I dunno what to tell you. Your best bet is a solid description and an ability to empathize on your part.

AUTISTS ON SUICIDE WATCH

There has to be an explanation for all the socially awkward people with relatively high IQs though? aspergers was the perfect explanation. autism lite

Take a high dose of 6 month old anti-psychotics. It's dangerous but you will feel so stupid you will want to die if it's permanent, but should only last for 24 hours. You'll never forget.

>Finally, Daily reminder that Aspergers syndrome was removed from the DSM and there's no such thing as Aspergers.
It's still in ICD though.

Become a NEET who only leaves his apartment once per week to buy food and never interacts with humans outside of the internet for at least half a year.

Well you're retarded, so you're halfway there.

>the dsm removed aspergers so it's no longer a thing
They removed homosexuality too but that's still here

>I wouldn't be able to see shapes

Who the fuck (excluding blind people) isn't able to see shapes?

OP are you sure you're not autistic already?

so it's like spiderman.

>I wouldn't be able to see shapes, taste color or hear smells.

I wish I could score some pure psilocybin. It's probably the most god-tier recreational substance known to mankind.

4-aco-dmt and it's a neato psychoactive substance.

Asperger's is just literally weaponized autism. It is not on DSM anymore because it doesn't need a name for itself. It still exists though.

It wouldn't surprise me if Aspergers had a purpose in human society. Maybe the bow was invented by an ancient aspie that liked to play with sticks and string

the fuck is a butter dog?

Nearly everyone feels socially awkward. The only way around it is practice and people with high IQs tend to use that time pursuing other things.

>mfw autistic
>mfw taught myself algebra in 3rd grade

I have autism (officially diagnosed with Asperger's back when that was a thing, recently scored 48/50 on "AQ" test), and I absolutely hate my life. My IQ is above average but probably only in the brainlet level (~130) and with poor working memory and processing speed. Of course, I'm sure there are aspies out there with IQs in the 150+ range, but remember that most are not geniuses. Not to mention the fact that I have literally zero friends or social skills in general.

The "autism is genius" meme needs to die. Yeah, autistic savants exist, but they are a tiny proportion of people with ASD. The downsides usually outweigh the benefits, imo. Honestly, if there were a way to eradicate or reduce autism using non-coercive eugenics, I'd be all for it.

What I wouldn't give to be neurotypical....

isolate yourself and do the exact same thing every single day for years
idk if you'll have autism but you'll definitely have something

Made it to the perfume, ALL MY TRIGGERS REEEEEEEE

While many autists are retarded, those that aren't can be as intelligent as anyone else. Couple this to the typical obsessive interest in trivia and you get your high-achieving maths prodigies and savants. Two thirds of all achievement in math and science comes from obsession.

He ate nothing but that for a month? That's genuinely upsetting.

It's probably something like sickle cell trait or schizophrenia. Those with a "full dose" are basically useless / will die, but those with just a touch of it have a survival advantage over ordinary people.

They have characterized Asperger's more generally under autism.

Autism is unrelated to intelligence.

What cognitive differences/deficits do high functioning autistics have?

Mind blindness, alexithymia, dissociation, sensory processing disorders and difficulty converting thoughts into speach are common from what I can gather.

1. Find a way to give your brain the same make up as a person who is autistic.
2. I suppose completely going to a foreign country with no help or anything with a completely different language might emulate the experience your looking for.

Am autistic, have all of the above. The last one particularly sucks.

Anyone else get triggered by the sounds of people chewing and swallowing food? Sometimes it gets so bad I have to leave the room because I get so annoyed I want to put my fist through their face.

I have diagnosed high-functioning autism, and I experience difficulty converting thoughts into speech, as well as understanding facial expression, handling certain minor motor control skills, and social cues, including when to shut the fuck up about my interests.

Yes, this is definitely me. I think it's called misophonia (I also have ASD). I really hate styrofoam too.

Hmmm I wonder if it's related to autism then

They do get sweet gibs though.

I aspie/autistic/whatever the fuck im supposed to call it these days.

Got 140 IQ in an online test. Straight As in school in STEM with very little studying time. I have a pseudo-photographic memory, but only enough to cram before tests. Basically I can memorize formulas, definitions, and other things very easily. But It fades after the next day or so. But its gotten me through advanced mathematics courses with very little study. I find my visual minds eye to be very strong, and I often memorize things by memorizing shapes/actions/motions/sounds which I associate with them. Its very difficult to explain in a way that makes sense to anyone else.

Currently a grad student. I am good at what I do, but my career is severely held back by my lack of social skills. Other students who's work is subpar compared to mine get more awards, get better internships/oppurtunites because they have socializing skills and networking that I don't. . I just come off as awkward, and somewhat aggressive towards other people. If I try to maintain eye contact with someone my heart rate begins to elevated dramatically, and I imagine it freaks people out.

I have about 5 close friends from childhood. But haven't made any new friends as an adult. I feel absolutely no need to go out and socialize with people, and I usually find it a waste of time and annoying.

Its very conflicting being what I am. I was raised by a single mother just above the poverty line, and my intellect go me to where I am today. In gradeschool/highschool, when things mostly came down to test scores I excelled effortlessly, and got scholarships/awards etc. But now in the adult world, I am in an arena where everyone is smart. And there are many people who are just as smart, or smarter than me, who don't have my social disabilities. To say I am at a disadvantage is an understatement.

Given my family history, if I didn't have autism I probably would be average/low IQ, so its hard to say whether I would give it up.

>difficulty converting thoughts into speech

This is the worst, it made school horrible. I'd constantly get in shit because I couldn't and still can't write to save my life.

Jesus fuck that was my childhood. I thought it was normal and everyone was like that.

If you associate lots of things with sounds wouldn't there eventually too many associated sounds resulting in you not being able to remember the association a particular sound was supposed to have?

Its actually quite a temporary association, maybe a couple days or so.

But for example when I study, I often hum or sing little songs to myself. If I happen to read or see something while humming a particular beat/melody, just singing that little tune again will bring back the formula/definition. Its quite useful for tests and whatnot like I said. But its also not something I have precise control over. I can't reliably do it on command, but it happens frequently enough that its useful. Its kind of just an organic association that happens, and I can take advantage of it.

What the fuck, that happens to me too but I don't have autism, I just have depersonalization issues so whenver I go outside everything is too much and I get panic attacks from all the detail.

I usually go out without glasses, since seeing less details helps me keep calm.

I used to have that associate memory, where certain sensory stimuli (any) would flash a lot of accurate information of a past event. I lost this ability after years of depression and stress, and I am still trying to find a way to recover it...

Stay healthy, I really miss it.

Yes, I also get really pissed off by the sound of metallic cutlery hitting porcelain dishes when people eat. I wish I could stop.

>Autism is unrelated to intelligence.
>implying that a cognitive style biased towards systematizing over empathizing isn't a more effective one, all else equal, for abstract reasoning, symbolic manipulation, and anything else determined by "intelligence" as it's generally meant
>implying increased precision and attention to detail don't necessarily lend themselves to greater ability to identify flaws in argument structure and construct said arguments more carefully, effectively, and unambiguously in science, math, philosophy, and any methodologically rigorous subjects whatsoever
>implying constant self-examination and the pursuit of self-awareness as a result of social failures doesn't cultivate a scientific mindset
>tfw all socially-based disadvantages are predicated on the context of a mostly neurotypical world
>tfw these disadvantages nonetheless vastly outweigh the advantages when it comes to professional success of any kind, because the ability to effectively manipulate others and play on their emotions/expectations outweighs the ability to actually do anything useful
Revolution when

Don't autists lack the capacity to abstract? That's hardly a benefit

>Don't autists lack the capacity to abstract?
I don't see how. When you have to understand the world purely in the form of a priori principles and heuristics built up through observing and analyzing things, rather than through subconscious signals you unwittingly receive about everything from people and images, that's abstraction, no?

Then how come autists seem unable to make a distinction between ''That's cool'' as in ''That is ok'' and ''That is cold''? Autist artists seem unable to create symbolic drawings either, they go full realismo.

see

It's more auditory speech; I'm a fantastic writer, and I have above-average verbal intelligence.

Much like this user, I've been in advanced classes for English all my life, needing to study very little to pass with an A.

No, I saw that, I just didn't take it seriously because there's neither a reason to nor anything to back it up.

Well, the short answer is those aren't examples of abstract reasoning.
"Cool" meaning "alright/fun/interesting" is just an arbitrary cultural construct with no real logical basis, but anyone can pick up on that meaning by inference from the context or having the meaning explained. Same with symbolic drawings, which don't represent the real world but the impression one gets from it. If you don't get that impression, you might naively try to represent the world as it really is, or reason out a similar representation by consciously interpreting the world in various ways, or trying to see what, implicitly, is behind another symbolic drawing.
Impressionism =/= abstraction

This is misleading.

The sensitivity to detail tends to simply manifest itself as sensorial hypersensitivity, rather unrelated to intellect.

As for your second point, this is an extremely varied area in ability; there are Autistic people who have no ability to understand abstraction, like language, or algebra.