What's the outlook of burgerland education in 10 years

What's the outlook of burgerland education in 10 years.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trofim_Lysenko
youtube.com/watch?v=4WnIe5H-2Jc&t=137s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not good.

Based on the latest PISA statistics it does not look good at all.

Presently it is in grad school that US universities shine, some of that by attracting the best students across the world. In 20 years time that may have changed.

But where could the brain drain relocate to? Canada? That's the only place that immediately comes to mind because all of Eurasia is burning.

I can only speak for math and physics undergrad. It's going to get worse, a lot worse. Standards keep dropping and they won't go up anytime soon. Universities will push forward low quality degrees since they still get the money. No one in control of the system actually knows enough math or physics to see just how shitty the degree requirements are and call this bullshit for what it is. Students in math can graduate without without coursework in algebra and analysis and students in physics can graduate without quantum field theory or even sometimes grad quantum mechanics.

One of my older professors in physics actually thought standards had went up since he was in undergrad like 50 years ago since everyone was taking linear algebra now. What he didn't know is how watered down the standard undergrad linear algebra course is. When he took it, it was taken after abstract algebra, and was always had proofs. Including stuff like dual spaces, tensors, spectrums, and other multilinear algebra. I told him this when I took his quantum computing course last year. He was suprised at how little the grad computer scientists and engineers knew for linear algebra, even though it was listed as a pre-req. We spent the first month reviewing as a result. This year he decided to grade his exams and hw himself, instead of hiring an older student, and he's pissed. No one understands anything in the class. He always just assumed people understood since they never said anything.

Not so much a drain as the quality of pre-gradschool is in a nose dive. drain in the world is INTO the US, mainly from Europe and Asia but that will end were the US economy to tank. China scared off a lot of their student abroad after the massacre on Tienanmen Square but now they are returning, slowly.

Also Vietnam is putting a LOT of effort into schooling.

>all of Eurasia is burning.

great meme

>10 years later.

>America is nothing but a Mad Max wasteland

>The cities are littered with graffiti and posters saying god is dead

> a lone man once a scientist is sitting in the corner of a now defunct Walmart chattering to himself that the tears he had shedd for all that had happened were all on a spectrum

>Outside redditors are sacrificing children screaming that "abortion should be legalized" to a large statue of Bill Nye

>The last cisgendered male is about to be drawn and quartered at city hall thanks to the behest of the grand matriarch after she caused global thermonuclear war to cleanse the world of the patriarchy.

>There are people still playing Pokemon Go. Oblivious zombies to the screaming and raiding that is going on around them.

>autistic man children are being brought by the dozen in to concentration camps to be re-educated in favour of the now "improved" common core mathematics that consists of banging stones together and hoping for the best.

>A lone motorcyclist drives up the now defunct railway line as he witnesses the carnage before him...

>His face an alabastar stone that knows that if it ever started weeping it would not cease.

>He is not broken by the carnage. He is dissapointed there wasn't more.

>"Fucking Normies...." he mutters to himself as he rides down to hell with his daikamura

What the LOL?! That was flippin EPIC XDd!!!

Why give a fuck about forcing people to learn shit they don't want to when you can focus your energy teaching people who want to learn super complex shit? In academia it's always better to have a high ceiling rather than a high floor, and this philosophy has been instrumental in the dominance of US higher education.

>Kids are lazy fuckers who don't do well in school
>boo hoo school is too hard 4 kids they shouldn't have to do calculus senior year of high school
> lower standards because asking kids learn stuff when they don't want to is mean and nobody wants to be mean
> school is now easier and in five years we will go through the same cycle.

Mark my words in ten years people will start pushing the idea that freshmen year of college is too early for calculus.

This might also be because college has become something that everybody does regardless of how stupid they are. Back maybe thirty years ago you had to have an IQ of 110 to have a chance at going to college. Now going to college is so easy you'd have to have an IQ of 85 to smoke how's fall through the cracks.

Nobody wants to admit that their own friends or children can be stupid..

Trump wants to get rid of Common Core, so not good.

>be me, studying in a top 5 university in Russia
>I know that Russian science is at its lowest since the 90s, but I hope it'll get better
>same year I finished my bachelor degree in physics there a guy from our uni won a Nobel price
>start believing that it's no that bad
>skip to this year
>our newly elected dean is a corrupt fuck
>can see younger students are shittier than our class was
>mfw witnessing one of the last remains of Soviet science that once mastered the thermonuclear weaponry and was first to create lasers (technically engineering, but still) turn into another corrupt cancerous shithole

Give me something to hope for, Veeky Forums. Is everything lost?

Truthfully? Just moderately decent in all honesty.

Anons on here will say it's going to shit and we are being left behind but America has never really been at the forefront of general education, it's always been Europe and now East Asia.

Most of the gains the U.S. has gotten comes from the top percentile of the domestic population, brain draining other countries, high standard of living/low persecution (relative to other countries) and money.

I'd be more worried about the student loan/debt bubble than education.

Not long until Putin restores Russia to Soviet Union, comrade. Hang in there and when the time comes, join the Red Vanguard.

Not good. Trump, the Alt-right and Liberals are questioning science and established facts.
The post-factual era will be a dystopia of pseudo science

>implying we Veeky Forumsentists wouldn't have a citadel protected by /k/ mercenaries.

>I can only speak for math and physics undergrad
>students in physics can graduate without quantum field theory or even sometimes grad quantum mechanics

Uhhhh, well, it's never been standard ever for undergrads to take QFT or graduate QM, so I'm not sure how this supports your point, unless you switched to talking about graduate requirements halfway through your post

If only, the best part of USSR was that it was heavily pro-science, current govt here is mostly interested in stealing money and their own safety. Our research institute's budget was decreased by 43% this year, mostly due to West sanctions influence though.

I was shitposting, but if USSR were still around I'd emigrate there and do maths.

This, only the infidels will be burned :^)

This.

Hell, if anything, there's a chance that we may actually put men on Mars soon, if Trump gets a plan together for it like he said he would and it all gets funded.

If that happens it would be a pretty good boon in the long term. It would be the coolest thing NASA has really done for a long time and it will get a lot of kids, and even some adults, reinvested in education and science. Not just in the US but world wide.

It's all tentative at this point, but I'm hopeful.

Bcё бyдeт хopoшo, нe вoлнyйcя мoй дopoгoй дpyг.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trofim_Lysenko
>Scientific dissent from Lysenko's theories of environmentally acquired inheritance was formally outlawed in the Soviet Union in 1948.

hm yeah

only kafirs are burning though

>USSR existed only in 30s and 40s
As someone who knows history (of my own coutry) not from memes, Soviet Union wasn't that bad as you try to portray after the death of Stalin. Yes, genetics and cybernetics suffered in 40s, but since 1956, after denouncing Stalin, Khruschev lifted all the bans.

Дa бля, ecли физтeх cтaнeт пapaшeй, тo чтo жe c ocтaльными вyзaми cтaнeт?

No. Russia is following America straight down the pit of corrupt capitalism, just with a different veil.
Try moving to South Korea or something.

American education will likely see significant improvement in quality after being outsourced to China.

Straya... too bad they're already full.

>motorcycle
Obviously he would be driving an 86 with permanently on speakers blasting eurobeat.

He would be driving an 86 w/ Itasha decor, a dakimakura in the passenger seat listening to denpa song.

youtube.com/watch?v=4WnIe5H-2Jc&t=137s

back in grad school I had to instruct Gen Chem I and II

half the students dropped or withdrew, and my statistics had higher pass rates than the other Gen professors.

too many kids just give up or don't put the effort in, I feel they coast by in high school without ever truly applying themselves and expect the same treatment in the university setting.

seems to be getting worse, high schools in America are chronically underperforming

undergrad standards keep dropping. older professor will readily tell you how current students are shit.

on the flip side, there are fewer tenure track positions and they are more and more competitive as grad programs keep getting flooded with foreigners. the whole system is ripe to implode on itself.

>There are people still playing Pokemon Go
Pretty unrealistic tbqh

a phd student in my lab still plays that shit. half the time we leave the lab together he seems to have it up.

I thought John Brunner was dead

Are you guys just memeing? It seems that the value of a university degree is going up not down because more and more employers require a university degree for more positions that previously did not.

actually, this

what do you mean by this?