Hardest engineering degree

what is hardest engineering degree?

i would personally say electrical

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversion_therapy
mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/student-dies-after-downing-25-5342398
catalog.unr.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=13&poid=5977&returnto=3442
advising.engineering.osu.edu/sites/advising.engineering.osu.edu/files/uploads/CurriculumSheets/Majors/2016-2017/ece_ees_curriculum_sheet_2016-2017.pdf
courses.dkit.ie/index.cfm/page/course/courseId/739
vtk.ugent.be/wiki/Eerste_bachelor_burgerlijk_ingenieur
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

depends on the school
electrical in most southern schools is a joke, mechanical or chemical are harder

science

Dunno about degree but this is the hardest course

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversion_therapy

How do you know if EE is a joke at a particular college or university?

nuclear
specifically fusion
a daily battle with the fucking sadistic asshole that is plasma fluid dynamics

civil

>engineering
>hard

Doubt EE is the most difficult. I have a Computer Engineering degree, which is mostly EE with some CS classes in place of power systems. I didn't find EE to be very difficult. Aerospace or Nuclear would be my guesses for most difficult with Chemical coming in next. Civil would be my vote for the easiest.

I'd say that EE is the hardest on *average*, followed by ME. But the hardest ME degrees are more difficult than the hardest EE degrees.

Nah, environmental

i dont know but materials is the best

When they don't have enough math classes to bring you to suicide

hey look, an edgy bio kid

EE isn't any harder than CS. Probably chemical engineering is the hardest.
(also btw EE students write the shittiest code you could ever imagine, which is funny because they all end up as web developers making average salaries when they can't find a job in their field (surprise!))

Going objectivly its either nuclear or Chem.
>t. phd in nuclear engineering

"The hardest branch of engineering is the one I have a degree in."

>kek

>EE isn't any harder than CS

Keep lying to yourself boy.

EE is usually considered harder simply by the credit hours. But that's not a good metric. The hardest is the one you are least interested in yet challenged by. Because: fuck it.

Where my materials at?

EE or chem

I agree with Most people in my chemical eng classes who say it's hard are also the same people who don't enjoy chemistry at all.

Any that involve thermo. Seriously, fuck thermo

Social Engineering

>PhD in Engineering

ME then?

No aero?

This along with nuclear

Aero is literally a special snowflake ME

ayy lmao

Physics engineering maybe?

SoftwareEng

If your name is pajeet maybe

Well let me give all of you the right answer (once again).
It is Engineering Physics.
You're welcome.

Your post kinda reminds me of Trump's tweets

lol

it's funny to think that in 100 years, trump's tweets will probably be studied by schoolchildren

Engineering Physics or Materials Engineering

AeRoSpAcE

NukeE or ChemE is the hardest.
If you aren't very good at math then EE is the hardest. Mech E and its subfields (AeroE and the like) are next, then CivE and its subfields, then Industrial/Systems Engineering. CE and by extension CS depends on the uni. Fields other than the ones I listed are rare and memes, Industrial/systems is almost a meme.

As an EE taking CE courses, at my uni the CE and EE programs are rather intertwined (as I would imagine it is for most universities). That being said, I would say there is more of a gap between programs than just power systems being replaced with CS. That being said I also agree that its not the most difficult, but it is up there.

To make sure some autist doesn't misunderstand, my post implies in order of difficultly
EE(bad at math)>ChemE+subfields=NukeE>EE(good at math)>MechE+subfields>CivE+subfields>Industrial/SystemsE

Depends on the school but generally Chemical Engineering is very hard although some programs can be quite weak. Mechanical and electrical usually rank up next. Aerospace isn't that different than mechanical so I'd put them at about the same. From here it's kind of whatever with civil and environmental at the bottom.

I'm in EE and the phd's at my school are pretty firmly in the belief that chemical is the hardest by far.

Specialized stuff like nuclear is hard to place, but it's definitely up there. My school has a nuclear undergrad degree, but it's through the EE department with a specialization in nuclear that flows naturally into a master's or phd program. And I'm not sure it's very useful without. Basically a power systems engineer with a choice in a few different tracks of additional nuclear classes and an additional set of nuclear physics courses (for engineers) to prep you for grad school.

We're a big ECE/medical school with a lot of specializations and that's where the difficulty really lies as some EE's who specialize in controls are taking both real and complex analysis and others in easier specializations can coast by on just their calc sequence.

>EE students not doing complex analysis
>EE not being able to process signals
What is this meme?

my sister is doing mecheng and she seems to be having an alright time of it

Sounds like they don't make CE take EMF or DSP at your school tbqh

lol, i graduated from EE and i hardly ever use anything beyond the four operations at work

Luckily I had the option if taking dynamics or thermodynamics. I went with dynamics. Our professor was out of town for a week on a hunting trip so the thermodynamics professor lectured those classes in his place. Made me sure I made the correct choice. Dr. Maples was crazy.

Audio

Is robotics a meme?

And do companies even use PLCs? I never heard of them before? Am I getting ripped off?

>And do companies even use PLCs?
there are knuckle dragging electricians making 90k a year of that shit son.

I was just paranoid cuz it seems nobody even knows what they are or heard of ladder logic. Maybe I just don't talk to the right people. Everyone Ik is in CS or doing IT stuff. They are fun to program though.

diamonds is the hardest degree

BME

still more education than you have autist

a structural civil is pretty hard, anyone disagreeing has no idea how many specific materials classes are required, they have additional requirements beyond what the requirements for P.E. are, to get structures certs and stamps just to do your job... and then if you plan to work in a seismic zone or hurricane zone there are even further requirements, it's insane and no other engineer has a more difficult path. It borders on what a MD has to do.
the fact that it requires you to not be an autist and have verbal communication skills is why you would never be able to have success as an engineer. you hate chad engineer so hard don't you?

My boss doesn't have a degree and makes around 70k PLC programming. Was originally an electrician.

That second semester looks like good job-oriented credits. You should see if you can buy an old PLC off ebay (Siemens or Allen Bradley are the big ones) and try to pirate the required software and program some relays to flash lights on and off on a 24VDC line. That would impress companies if you did that while in college.

It would also introduce you to the hell that is PLC programming. Oh it sounds simple; flick lights on and off. You just need to trudge through acres of siemens manuals to try and find the correct information, and have to deal with the horrible UI and functions involved in PLC proprietary code.

Imo, it's probably microengineering. Because you need mechanical and electrical engineering

engineering, not molecular biology

Going for EE do I need to learn how to program because i suck dick at coding

Like what does a nuke engineer do that any physicist couldn't? Do you eyeball control rod position?

The current year aka "why teach shit they'll do with computer anyways"

you will fail
matlab will be used in all your courses

I use PLCs, I have a Computer Engineering degree. i'm better of you

The hardest part about engineering is coming out to your parents

matlab is super easy tho so don't worry too much

I don't believe a physics major is taught the specific physics NukeEs need to use unless they sought the classes out.

You also lack design classes and othwr things that teach you how to actually be an engineer.

>matlab
I already know C.
Will I be ready?

>engineering

>hard

just stop, you're the plumber of mathematics.

Pretty much all engineers are expected to code these days.

it's a career choice you fucking faggot
any field is swarmed with average people

Software

Well, here in Brazil EE is known to be the hardest of them all (I'm not studying engineering though). EE students are also known to be the most autistic retards with superhuman resistance to alcohol.

For example, in USP (best college in Brazil) there was a competition on the campus. There were 17 spots on the campus with very strong drinks in each one and each competitor should run to each one, drink the whole glass (something around 30~35% alcohol) and run to the next one. If he vomited, he should go back to the last one and drink again the last drink, then keep going.

Only one person was able to complete this, and it was a EE undergrad.

They're also famous for making people enter in alcoholic coma for too much drinking (the EE students make the freshmen follow them in the drinking game, and they end up in the hospital) and every year someone dies of overdose.

Just an example:

mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/student-dies-after-downing-25-5342398

C was the main language I've used so far 3.5 years in. I don't know about your uni, but there are some specializations that have practically no coding (EM Fields/Optics here) so you can survive without having to code as much.

Never understood the thermodynamics meme, not particulary interested in the subject but it was a breeze for me oO

yes

Yeah. Unless you have to take some dipshit intro to programming for engineers in matlab where they pretend matlab is a useful general purpose language (like at my school) then everything you write will be about simulation and numerical computation, and not programming

EE, 4 year curriculum:

catalog.unr.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=13&poid=5977&returnto=3442

company i interned with deals with PLC's/HMI.. i'm not really sure if it's outdated technology, but to me it seems pretty good for automated shit/ factory assembly lines

aerospace at georgia tech FUCK

Earth systems
Dunno about degrees but I imagine.
As a practice in general it's the hardest, no one can even do it

Nuke, 4 year curriculum:

Aero here, it's really just a bit of everything with a bit more thermodynamics: biomed and nuclear are probably the toughest...

Here in Belgium the meme is that Civil E is by far the hardest because of the sheer amount of mathematics in the first two year. After that you specialize into civil Chem E for example.
The meme is true here. I found Chem E to be easy, didn't struggle

Belgian here, "burgerlijk ingenieur" does not translate to "Civil engineer". "Burgerlijk ingenieur" is a protected engineering title exclusive to Belgium.

There is no such thing as "Civil Chem E" its just ChemE

Civil engineering translates to "bouwkunde"

What a meme

OK then it makes sense.
You do have burgerlijk ingenieur specialized into chemistry though, and others.

Rate my EE curriculum

advising.engineering.osu.edu/sites/advising.engineering.osu.edu/files/uploads/CurriculumSheets/Majors/2016-2017/ece_ees_curriculum_sheet_2016-2017.pdf

Meme course? Thoughts
courses.dkit.ie/index.cfm/page/course/courseId/739

Burgie here, can confirm.

Ugent? Will start next year, what can i expect? Will do EE

UGent, yes.
>what can i expect?
Expect to get fucked in the ass by math followed by more math. In highschool i got 80's in math with literally zero effort, but i really broke my teeth on the first semester.
Complex numbers weren't really taught in depth in highschool so i suggest you study that a little, especially if you're not familiar with the exponential notation.
Also don't feel bad if you fail calculus I, because a lot of student fail that course (including me). Don't feel depressed if you fuck up your first semester and learn from your mistakes.
And pls don't be the guy that "let's try this, i heard it pays well", because if you aren't motivated you will fail.

>Will do EE
Don't expect to see anything remotely to do with circuits untill the 4th semester. I did "werktuigkunde" myself so i don't really know a lot about their curriculum
But if you survived the first year the chances are very high you'll graduate. The Master was easy compared to the bachelor
Feel free to ask if you have more questions

IE may be a joke in American unis, in my country it's way harder.

I would say:

Hard:
>Nuclear Eng

Medium:
>Mech
>Chem
>EE

Easy
>Industrial
>Systems
>Civil
I'm IE, but if i want to i can take around 7 extra classes and get a Mech eng degree, since in my uni we have a lot of similar classes with mech eng, like termo, fluid mechanics, statics, etc.

Mech and Nuclear are way more interesting to me than IE, but I picked IE because i would get more money, and plan on getting a Mech Eng degree as a hobbie some day (since it's only a few technical classes)

What about statistics? I heard that one was the hardest.

Currently reviewing precalculus, I'll start on Calculus soon.

>EE students are also known to be the most autistic retards with superhuman resistance to alcohol

oddly accurate

I'm an IE and i do a lot of PLC programming as a side job, LADDER sucks tho.

>What about statistics? I heard that one was the hardest.
lel no, that was one of the easier ones. Just prepare your anus for Analyse I, II and Hennie De Schepper fucking you over with a huge strapon
>prove that 1>0
>special snowflake bullshit with integrals
>fourier series being a NIGGER
>le epsilon delta proofs
Also in my year we were allowed to do all calculations with symbolic software. I heard they changed that so actually being able to integrate a function might be useful

vtk.ugent.be/wiki/Eerste_bachelor_burgerlijk_ingenieur
This might be useful for you to get an idea to what is important and what is not. You'll get an exam for "wiskundige basistechniek" (aka shit you should already know) after a mere three weeks, so i suggest you focus on that.

Probably nuclear

>vtk.ugent.be/wiki/Eerste_bachelor_burgerlijk_ingenieur
thanks man. this will help a lot