Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums
How would I go about to bringing attention to this, my dad was an inventor and has patented on his name an optical structure made with nanoparticles that breaks light without messing with the spectrum etc.
And on solarpanels it enhances the output quite significantly, the light can fall on the structure ( made in foil / glass etc so it can be transparant ) almost entirely regardless of angle and the output will be straight.
also eliminates reflection on computer screens/car windows etc etc
Thanks in advance guys

Pic related a piece of foil with the structure and a laser shone thru.

what sort of jew laser science is this?

glass?

fpbp
also nano triangles at a certain angle

Etched in glass.

how do magnets work?

Miracles.

I guess your dad is no longer with you?

Even if you don't understand his work try to read through well and understand it as much as possible then try to sell the patent to the highest bidder or if your ambitious try to get it produced under your name. If you think it's really promising there is no harm calling up big companies and demonstrate it to them. Just be careful not to spill the beans on how exactly it works.

Last thing I'd do is post it on Veeky Forums though haha

gl&hf

is the hexagonal light below the glass a refraction of the light above or is there another laser that gives off light in that shape?

>on solarpanels it enhances the output quite significantly
don't they make use of >95% of the light anyway?

So is this just a diffraction grating or something more? What am I missing here?

>and has patented on his name
if it's already patented, post a link or gtfo.

What you're talking about is something that splits the colours of the light so to say, right?
with this it doesnt, the colours of the light gets distributed evenly
also patent link
www google ch/patents/US20070195533

Storm into your local synagogue and stand at the high alter.
Hold it above your head and yell "By the powers of JEW-SKULL!"
Unleash the power of your Jewzor and become king.

I SEE MIRACLES EVERY DAY

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH FUCKING END IT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What we have now is between 5 and 30 percent

That's the energy conversion efficiency.

That's fucking nice. I don't know how you can transfer patents from deceased peolpe to a company, but do it, then you'll just need to promote your company.

This is worth billions.

Oh my mistake. I only have experience with diffraction gratings in lasers (so one wavelength). I didn't think about the wavelength change

Luckily my father is still alive, only of very old age..
The problem is how would I go by and interest companies in this?
I want to help him have a good old day and help him 'finish his work'.
I honestly just wouldn't know where to start..

do what I said and contact Ellon Musk. If he loves to spend money on stupid bullshit, I'm sure he also buys concrete things once in a while.

Thanks!
Will give it a shot.

>Just be careful not to spill the beans on how exactly it works.
his problem is that even moderate individuals like myself can easily recreate this stuff off of his OP alone.

this is in "this is a solid idea why didn't we do this before" territory not "wow how did we make such a thing" territory

I think there is a chance this kind of stuff is already out there

>also eliminates reflection on computer screens/car windows etc etc
>can clearly see light reflected off of the material
ok

patent it

no, seriously, what does it do. from the description, it looks like a run-of-the-mill diffraction grating, with several layers stacked upon each other for some reason.

its already patented

Guys I'm calling it a night, contacting the Musk Foundation tomorrow and with a bit of luck it gets somewhere.
I'll check if this thread is still up tomorrow for any who have questions.
Thanks for thinking with me.

I meant like, the blinding glare you get while driving your car, and the sun is low..
When this structure is in the glass of the carwindow you won't have it.

You dumb shit, it's little pieces of gravity that were trapped inside when the rock was formed. There's a real good infographic floating around that explains it.

are you talkin gabout nanophotonic crystals? i wrote a paper on that in my nano class that involved higher resolution images .

>i wrote a paper on that
it's old news in general tbqh senpaitachi.