Matlab is required for solving real probl-

yeah no shit. any junior level engineering student has realized that MATLab is really only good for a handful of specific applications, most of them being control analysis.

Visual Basic is legit the best language to learn for industry because its what every nigga has.

>Visual Basic is legit the best language to learn for industry

its not bait at all if you are an engineer. every scrub motherfucker is going to have this shit on their 10 year old thinkpad.

I guess it's probably hard to learn a proper programming language when your hands are always so full of other mens cocks.

kek

haaaaaa

If you aren't using FORTRAN you aren't fucking problem solving

>excel
Use R you faggot.

R's syntax is horrible.

C over C is R, C over R is R^2

professor made us use eviews in masters course. eviews is worse than excel imo

My nigga.

They're both shit.

9/10

Why can't you use Matlab, you idiots? It is literally the easiest yet most powerful tool for scientifical calculations.

For example in the picture is a graph done by Matlab to solve the problem how long it takes to change temperature in a cup by adding warm water and by spilling the exceess mixed water.

Base-R has horrible performance but its syntax is extremely logical and consistent, especially when compared against other languages.
Some of its packages have horrible syntax, but any Turing-complete language will be expected to have its tarpits when written by illogical brainlets.

>small dataset with only 100k entries

>powerful
If only it could add and multiply faster then my calculator...

It is a garbage language written by hacks, who still havent figured out how to add and multiply big numbers.

I mean, you CAN solve real problems without a single computer

You just need a few hundred people numerically solving DEs.

this

only people i know who use VB are accountants.
I think he meant that it's worthwhile to know because it's used a lot in industry.
I don't know an engineering program that doesn't learn a real language like C++, Java, Ruby or Matlab.

just tried google spreadsheets for the first time in a decade.
I can't stand the lack of control over trendlines or plots.

Has excel gotten better or has it continued to devolve since 2003?