Tfw you publish complete fucking garbage in a top journal and realize that science is basically trash

>tfw you publish complete fucking garbage in a top journal and realize that science is basically trash

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/science/2017/04/107-cancer-papers-retracted-due-to-peer-review-fraud/
nytimes.com/2017/03/22/science/open-access-journals.html?_r=0
nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp1512330
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what's so bad about your publication?

The stamp-collecting variety might be, yeah. But that is being automated away and thank fuck for that.

I know that feel, OP. It's one of the reasons I left academia for the private sector. The amount of bullshit floating around will make seriously question whether we know anything about anything or if the whole damn scientific enterprise isn't a fucking circus.

>tried to publish an article in a climate science journal last year
>was told that it was basically bulletproof
>reflected because my "claims cast doubt on the consensus" or some such nonsense
>email the publication to find out more

Long story, short they straight up told me I was being an obstacle to grant funding by trying to publish evidence that casts doubt on anthropocentric climate change.

Is this bait? Or would you perhaps enlighten us to what your findings were?

>Is this bait?
No. If you are against the consensus, you are out. The science is settled and only papers that approves the science are published.

>(20.17)(10^2)
>not using your rights to believe in alt-science

when will brainlets ever learn

But I am legitimately curious. Please post what you have. Getting tired of all the same anti-AGW infographs being posted so maybe you can give us some new material.

Too bad it's just /pol/ trolling.

It was my high school journal really and the paper is based on some statistics on the drying times of my mom's laundry.
Basically there's a correlation between the appearance of anthropocentric climate change headlines and days were the clothes took more time to dry.
I think they are using this to reinforce the man-made climate change idea whenever there's bad weather as a compensatory strategy.

libtards BTFO

Science isn't about journals and accolades. It's about seeking answers with a systematic approach. We just had a generation of "popularizers" and media that have dumbed everyone down. Treating "Science" like a thing or the result and ignoring the process. Using "Scientists say" as a kind of royal "we".
arstechnica.com/science/2017/04/107-cancer-papers-retracted-due-to-peer-review-fraud/

nytimes.com/2017/03/22/science/open-access-journals.html?_r=0

nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp1512330

kek

You didn't get published because you're an idiot.

You got baited because you're an idiot.

>It's about seeking answers with a systematic approach.
prove that science brings answers

This, so much this.

So have most of my former professors.
Its pathetic above anything else.

>wait a year worrying if you'll get published
>scorn the journal for accepting you
???

Impressive

B-b-but [spoiler]I'm /pol/ trolling what I presume to be a false flagging antifaggot[/spoiler]

Haven't read any convincing anti-AGW papers so far.