How do I focus?

How do I focus?

How do you?

Calm settings or stimulants

Turning off everything in a room and bringing everything you need into your work space.
Here's the ritual:
1. Use the restroom
2. Get paper, pen, books I may need for reference
3. Glass of water
4. If I need a laptop run only one or two tabs in the browser as to not get distracted.
5. No music. People are shitty at multitasking, think music is going to help?

Not op, but some days l'm completely dependent on music. I'll just stare at code for hours but not type anything, and if I have music I'll start back up again. The catch is that it's harder to think with music, I'll literally pause the music to think about what I need to do then resume and start typing again. Ever happen to you guys?

Those who abuse stimulants should end their lives.

Think about how much you hate everyone and how, unlike them, you can succeed. Works every time.

I honestly have no idea how people study with music. Every time I encounter a concept that's not completely obvious, I have to pause the music. It just ends up slowing me down.

Erdős mocks you in his grave.

Limit brainless internet/TV to 1 hour a day
Sleep
Water
Meditation
etc.

Yes, I do, exactly that. But then again I am working with a diagnosed problem. I literally cannot function unless there's calm but constant background noise, until I hit a problem that's not immediately obvious

No joke, getting depressed makes me focused as fuck

same, but I then only listen to music without lyrics, like classical stuff

The fear of death and the void help me focus, knowing that if i stop my quest, i will end my life with nothing accomplished, returning to anonimity, just like the time before my birth.

stop browsing Veeky Forums

I code too - the music that does the trick without disturbing me is 'rice boy sleeps' by Jonsi and Alex - it's barely there. Also, Boards of Canada's Campfire Headphase, and maybe Tomorrow's Harvest, too - though the latter not quite so well. It's too bad there's so little music that works like this.

desu they are a godsend if you have focus issues (sometimes called adhd). these chemically stem from a fucked up dopamine system so you feel really poor motivation and focus for activites. but then you get a dopamine rush and it fixes it. at least im pretty sure thats how it works. they really do help though. try even coffee. used only for work and in moderation you can crank shit out like a god.
erdos spammed the shit out of them and got a lot of work done. i can legit pull all-day work sessions and brainstorm while falling asleep with my meds. normally my motivation is sapped as shit.

>You pretend that you enjoy science and math
>You really can't focus when you try to study
>You rather prefer to shitpost all day than actually study

My life is a farce

I do this as well.

I used to study with the same 5 songs on repeat for hours on end. However, if I'm ever learning new material which requires extra concentration, I won't be able to have music in the background.

>tfw can't focus...
>dropped out of uni 2 times already.

I-I'm not stewpid.

First, if there is any problem you are facing currently do that (eg. Lack of sleep, didn't eat etc.) or else, this will be a distraction. Then, set an specific goal (eg. Im-going-to-study-this-x goal) and everything outside that goal is irrelevant and must be avoided. That's all anonz

Exercise.

That's it.

I go for a hard fucking run every time I can't focus to the point where I want to cough up my lungs am bleeding out my eyes and sweating like a pig. Once I'm done nothing can distract me I know exactly what I want to do and how to do it.

Part of that is because I really don't want to go for another run so I get my ass to work, and second is because of the fact that I just got a sweet sweet shot of fresh oxygen to my brain as well as some nice mood stabilizing endorphins and some other chemical shit that is good for your brain that literally only exercise can give you.

Exercise is better than any drug or stimulant, although a cup of coffee after I run? man you just can't beat it.

>desu this is the best adice

I go to the nearby college swimming pool for a swim though. Your college may not have a pool so YMMV

Same here.
But for less intense tasks like programming it's great.

can confirm exercise helps with fixing your sleep schedule and to focus, its the secret, make sure its the cardio type lifting weights doesn't give the concentration benefit

Intermittent fasting.

Being hungry gives me mental clarity.
But at the same time you still want a complete diet, otherwise you'll have no energy.

>Limit brainless internet/TV to 1 hour a day
Currently at 16 hours a day for over 2 years, I think isa puurmanent ting man, I don't even remember what I had to eat yesterday
I just wake up get all my news and entertainment from Veeky Forums and tv series, watch films and asmr before I go to sleep

I have to regularly reread posts to understand them, I usually have 40-50 tabs open so I'm constantly entertained and lots of choice from what I've downloaded, my brain is fried and it is not getting better even though I am in the prime of my youth

same boat as you user, wish i knew how to end it though

>Wake up
>Go run 5km even if I am feeling like fucking zombie
>Jump into ice cold water and force myself to stay on it
>Pinch my nipples hard
>Meditate mindfully about it
>FEEL THE FUCKING PAIN

>YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

It always works for me, to be honest.

Same.

This is literally one of the biggest reasons I went to college.

fuck it, we're on the same page bro,

I don't watch the bs tv anymore,

it's only 4 4 4 4 chan

this banner must be true then

this is true, I have tried this type of fasting because i can't really go for the full 1 month fast coz that would eliminate all other components of being sharp and healthy,,

fasting---routine---discipline