What is Veeky Forums majoring in and why?

What is Veeky Forums majoring in and why?

Math. It was fun. Have my last final in 2 hours. After that, I'll collect my 300K starting.

Physics
For the bitches

Electrical Engineering, because muh electricity. I don't enjoy anything anymore I just do what's expected of me.

Physics
Because I hate myself

I tried out for the music school at my university and they offered me a full ride to study music. There are only two career paths in music though: education or performance. I was good in high school. I made All-State 2 times.

But my aspirations were to be a successful perfomer, and to do that you need to be a PRODIGY. I trashed that idea.

I had an affinity for math and sciences. Having taken all AP in high school. So I took an easier, more secure route and studied Chem Eng.

Here I am now. Getting a BS in chee. I completed all the coursework for a minor in chemistry and in mathematics. I'm finishing up my junior year rn. I plan to get an MBA after acquiring adequate work experience

If I could do it all over again, I would do study math all the way to a PhD level. And try to get into neural networks and deep learning.

Law. Because it's interesting, so why not.

Electrical Engineering. In all honesty, it's just for the money.

Econ and cs
because I'm a brainlet

ChemE
Want to do something science and math oriented, good career prospects and good money.

Linguistic
because it's one of the few areas in the humanities which has potential

math obviously
wow only one other wtf

I admire your honesty senpai***

pure math

no clue

dont worry user im another random internet person doing math

Math. Mainly because as the end of high school was nearing I knew for a fact that I was good at math but I didn't know what I wanted to do with that talent. The obvious options like CS and engineering did not really catch my attention, nor did the sciences like physics or chemistry. In the end I enrolled for pure mathematics and the only thing in my mind was: After I finish this, I can easily go get a masters in economics or engineering and be rich.

But that was actually a fucking trap. Turns out that my talent in mathematics is much deeper than I thought so now I am 100% convinced that if I went on to actually specialize in some engineering or economics then I would be wasting my time because either I was born like this or for the past two years my professors have been subliminally brainwashing me so that I perceive being an accomplished mathematician as much more fulfilling than being rich or famous.

I honestly don't know which of the two is true. I hope in my heart of hearts that I personally consider being a mathematician to be an achievement but given that I did not think this before I enrolled, it is much more likely that I was brainwashed.

The ride never ends.

Biology
cuz nothing matters

Did Meteorology. Going to school now for Mechatronics and Robotics/Computer Engineering.

CS because it's the future

Electrical engineering. Math and physics have always been the only things I'm interested in. And electricity is cool. The money is also a plus.

Pure Math only got one life and is like to understand at a deep level. That's enough for me.

Math, because it's the only subject that I have a little bit of intuition, anything else for me is autistically hard.

My grades are terrible, but I really enjoy the learning process.

Explain further please, for real. I'm biology too.

Math because I thought liking space meant I liked physics. It didn't.

WE WUZ GRADUITES N SHIIIIIET

KYS

moleclar bio

Computer science

Honestly idk. I like 3d modelling and designing things more but its not a viable field here so I'm gonna work at some evil company or government agency probably.

t. itoddler nigger

Engineering management

I have lots of different interests ( psychology, math, economics), my moral views are also very flexible and I like the green
so this is perfect for me

Elder God Tier EE major reporting in. Wanted to do physics desu but didn't want to be locked into a PhD track just to get a related job, so just going for EE with physics minor. Would like to eventually get PhD in EE or physics though.

EE because I wanted to do either materials science or optical physics so working in fabrication on nano-LED/laser materials is a good middle ground

Plus, unlike physics, if I fail at any step of the way I'm still set for life
(BS, MS, PhD non-professor)

Plus the research is less dependant on gruesome physics-breaking machines so I get to do independant research without being part of some huge CERN-esque team

Plus I can still apply directly to mat sci or optics since they're interdisciplinary

Why pick science or engineering when you can do the latter in undergrad and the former in grad. Scientist that's a certified engineer gets paid even more than either independently

ALFA

CS because I'm a brainlet who wants to actually make money

Biochemistry

I'm questing for immortality

Failing that, necromancy

statistics because I'm going to make more money than all of you

Math because I hate learning, but problem solving is cool in my book.
Also some programming and shit so I can write my own programs should I not have enough money to hire pajeeds and help in creating our AI overlords.

Some trade since I'm dumb

Finance because shekels. There were some professors who asked me why I didn't study engineering, but honestly I only like the aspect of problem solving of physics and not the subject itself.
However sometimes I regret a bit the fact that I didn't study math or statistics.

>flexible moral views
>mfw this is a positive quality when considering future success

Industrial Engineering because I don't like Physics but want to make as much as engineers make.

Brainlets can't into cs tho

Chemistry, wanna work for NASA I guess

>math
>for fun and out of interest

Nuclear engineering and EE. Because im a dirty wetback who gets free money from the gobermints to go to a top college so ill just ride this out

Math because I have no idea what I want to do with my life and feel this keeps the most options open

Philosophy, because I like it

top kek

Physics because I want to make myself suffer for no gain to really push myself to suicide.

It's working quite well, thank you for asking.

whatever, man.

same and math is pretty comfy

Good luck starving af uni

Chemical and Pharmaceuticals , kinda wish i went into math but working in the labs is cool

we have a liberal arts "Physics and Astronomy" major so I do that and i'm also a mechanical engineering major. series and sequences in calculus 2 and suck my small dick

>It's hard to make all state
I hope you're a wind player

Material Science Engineering

that's not gonna happen but I appreciate your concern

Electrical Engineering because i wanted to specialize in embedded systems and make cool shit with dev boards and FPGAs. Also the job market seemed huge.
Graduated but still feel like i know nothing about the field and i'm just writing shitty code like a pajeet.

Mathematics because it's the only marketable skill I have

damn dude did you fall for the meme?

Biology because I'm very excited for the biotech/molecular biology revolution that our society is on the cusp of reaping

I completed an undergrad degree in pure math, now studying CS. I'm glad I did pure math because it taught me how to be rigorous. I feel familiar to the way Leslie Lamport speaks up mathematics and down on code monkeys.

Wow, there's a lot of EEs. I thought I was cool

Na get FUCKT M8

i'm graduating in a week with a BS in mathematics and a BS in physics.
math is my passion, physics is my money

>physics is my money

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>BS

ayy lmao

You are the elite

According to strawpolls its the most numerous type of engineering done on here

Math. I pretty much chose arbitrarily, I was good at every subject in high school and interested in a lot of things, but when I got to uni I just thought "Why not math?" Of course when all you've had is high school math you don't know what real math is even like. But sure enough, by studying math I became a "math guy" who loves math more than anything and you wouldn't know that I wasn't destined for it from birth. I also meme constantly about how math majors are the most patrician. It just goes to show how we're the product of our own choices. I don't think you need to feel called to some profession, you just have to pick something and see if it works out.

Economics

Purely unironically answer - to help the poor and other people in need

You may laugh now

Majoring in psych, minoring in soc because I want to help people overcome their perverted love of shota hentai.

/ourguy/

>300k
doing what?

You still here? i'm really interested in embedded systems too, I have one more year left in undergrad doing computer science then I want to go to grad school for computer engineering or even some programs I have been looking at have degrees in embedded systems. Would you recommend it? whats the job market like? will it be as cool as i think it will be? my all time dream is to work at spacex or something like that as an embedded engineer.

I'm a barely highschool graduate working in embedded systems right now as a freelancer. Shit's tight.

Don't wait to figure out how cool it is, just fucking do it, you can get pretty much fully set up to do embedded with a couple hundred bucks.

YOU HAVE BEEN VISITED BY THE ISLAMIC TRUCK OF TOLERANCE
______________¶___
|religion of peace ||l “”|””\__,_
|______________|||__|__|__|]
(@)@)*********(@)(@)**(@)
POST THIS IN ANOTHER THREAD OR THE PEACE TRUCK WILL COME TO YOUR COUNTRY AND KILL YOUR MOTHER IN HER SLEEP!

IT here.

microbiology

>why

I love it as a subject and I want to get a CLS license because CLS is a high tier job in california

Sociology, because I can get an easy 4.0 to go into med school, because the GPA's all they care about. :^)

good luck with that tard

Math, obviously.

But seriously, PhD program and being poor for the next few years.

CS purely for job stability

>tard
>not taking advantage of other beta-cuckboys and women to advance myself
300k starting here I come.

/laughs/

Cyber security 'cause comp sci is a joke and you can actually get a job in this field with just a B.S. and some certs because organizations truly think they need you to keep boogeymen away when in reality I'll just keep my networks up to date, run a few audits, and make the littlest security concern sound super serious

Personally i would definitely recommand it, both for fun and because there's a lot of jobs available (at least in my non-US country) especially in IoT stuff and telecoms, where everybody wants to run different flavors of embedded linux on ARM-based boards. Lots of RT stuff going on in energy and defense fields too.
As for the syllabus, i had courses and labs on RTOS, system programming, embedded linux, driver development and embedded java. Also had a few courses in security & networking, and a module in FPGA (lab on softcore processors, modelisation and optimisation of digital circuits in VHDL and systemC).
So if you come from CS, the specialization shouldn't be that hard, it's mostly programming with an emphasis on the material.

Biochemistry

I'm interested in the processes that make life possible.

EE. I would have majored in math but I'm too greedy

Was in physics, now in maths. Haven't been in sci in a while.

MY MAN WHOOP WHOOP REPRESENT

>implying you can be employed as anything other than a philosophy professor with a degree in philosophy

What year are you in atm? How are you liking philosophy? Also not trying to meme you but do any of the classes at feel like bullshit? What are the best classes you've had?
Just curious.

This is what I plan but if not I'll just go to law school, it's the family business.
I'm a Junior and I like philosophy a lot. I was a math major but I switched to philosophy because there were fewer requirements to graduate but I continue to take upper division math every semester. To be honest most of the classes do feel like bullshit so usually I take matters into my own hands and do a deeper self-study concomitant with whatever the theme of the course is. My favorite classes are any that have to do with mind, language, or logic.

Mathematics and physics
Currently procrastinating on a thesis in MCMC simulation.

Hi fellow Miner

kek same here

Computational mechanics

Physics, pure mathematics and astrophysics.

I regret the pure math.

Hello fellow wetback

Mathematics with a concentration in computer science

Physics and Philosophy

Why? I want to be a understand the world as much as possible.

b.a. in chemistry and b.s. in applied math from ivy league ~3.8 gpa

i want to be shkreli but better