How does Veeky Forums deal exam stress before/during an exam?

How does Veeky Forums deal exam stress before/during an exam?

Assuming you are actually old enough to be posting here and your country has a half decent standard of education to get to places you should have done enough exams by now to not be phased anymore, just a routine now.

Not OP, but I've done A-level exams for 4 diffrent subjects and many other exams in ny life and I'm still terrified of them. Just some people tend to panic around exam time.

Not OP but you always get anxious about exams, perhaps not like the first time. An exception is residency exams I've heard countless people tell me these are the worst days of their lives.

try living in the now, forget about the past and the future, the present is the only time you can affect really

I tell myself this. I'm gonna die someday, it's all just a ride. Then, I laugh at all those people taking it seriously, then I tell myself all I need to do is try my best, then I do my best, I don't need full marks, I just need to give in all.

Be prepared. Then why would you need to worry?

This

I'm only stressed by an exam if I know I've not put enough work in.

try not to think about how the rest of your life could be ruined if you screw up.

Masturbate like an obsessed monkey. I'm on my fifth one today.

Fuck A-levels, those cunts left me suicidal.

An exam doesn't determine your worth. All an exam is, is a way to measure how much you know a subject. Do you know the subject well enough to pass? If not study more, if so then study more.

Honestly, cbt helped me so much with this. I never realized how unnecessarily stressed I got over exams until I went into them not stressed.

Do you have a study guide? The answer is to know the material on the exam.

I've had exam anxiety my entire HS and undergrad life

I always overstudied minutia, probably a good % of this board is similar.

It all changed for me in grad school, as more focus is placed on principles and conceptualization, maybe some of you guys already figured that out a long time ago.

As for general tips,

>if a concept is not making sense, see if working backwards helps
>memorizing formulas can benefit you on the test, understanding how/why and being able to understand how to derive the formula is better
>approach exams methodically, don't freak out if the problem looks intimidating or feel you don't have the tools to solve it
>>many times you're over thinking it

as for procrastination, don't let it afflict you. It's too damn easy to withdraw yourself from stress and put your studies on hold.

A levels made me the mess I am today.

meditate maybe? i used to repeat that fear is the mind killer adage from dune in high school lol, sounds cringey, but fuck it, it worked decently. also the more tests you take the less nerve-wracking it becomes. in high school i used to take tests every two weeks with a quiz almost every day, so i wasnt bothered at all. now im in college, and im infinitely more scared because midterms loom over you for much longer.

stop caring about things
just do your work during the semester but don't place importance on your grades, you will still get A's in most cases.
you need to approach learning from a place of interest not motivated by your grades, you should be relaxed when doing your best work.
I always felt bad for my peers cramming before exams and freaking out on assignments. Just relax, literally, that is the secret.

Can someone confirm this?

I want to clarify, that by relax, I still mean do all your work and adequately review, I just mean that studying 16 hours the day before is not a good way to approach your exams.

I never feel confident before exams even the ones I get A's on.

I study 16 hours a day because I'm interested in the subject. I live in an asian country with insane expectations for academics. So if I study like a white cis male american I'm preparing to work in mcdonalds. Places like UC berkeley is easy for me but are too expensive, 80k a year holy shit.

you shouldn't have to study 16 hours a day to understand the material unless you're goofing off or unable to focus for extended periods of time.

its why japs work 48 hours straight and then throw themselves off buildings and still have lower per worker productivity than the US.

>used to repeat that fear is the mind killer adage from dune

you arent the only one lmao, theyre strong words to be fair

Nigger you sit in silence and write shit on a page - what could be less stressful?

Nah man. Americans come here and try to compete and end up in private international schools, cause public schools are too competitive. This is the level we're playing on.

>right before a big test
>get heaves and butterflies in my stomach

why body

I just think fuck this and give up on myself. Justlike I'm about to die, and fight against the exams as hard as i can, doing my very best, even better than if I were relaxed. I'm stressed at each one of them, but the difference is that i can use it in my favor

I acknowledge that worldly things don't matter as much and put my faith in almighty God, and I am totally at peace.

If you are a brainlet, and can't accept God, then just meditate or something, I don't know.

>Lucky fucks, who don't have to wagecuck while going to school

>80k/year
What the shit? UC Berkeley OOS is 60k/year, and good luck getting in, nerd.

this. you study the material over the length of the course. cramming is fucking retarded. i usually blow off steam the night before a big exam and have a few drinks and play vidya.

>highschool tests
>we're the best
I don't think cramming for tests means much, but it does produce a good number for your politicians to point to.

I mean the GDP of your entire country is 1/5th the GDP of new york city.

Know the material. Then get of your own way. If you know it, you already are it. Just let go and do it.

Nah man GDP doesn't mean shit when I can grab some mcnuggets at 3am in the morning without fear of getting shanked and I have tap water clean enough to be drank straight from the tap. Anyways, doesn't matter, there's also this, we're stealing all the international slots in Americuck's prestigious schools and many other places like Imperial college london and Oxbridge.

We even have Yale start a school with us, Duke started a med school here and so did Imperial college also a med school. Look up Yale-NUS, Duke-NUS med school and NTU-ICL med school, fuck man we have like 4 med schools in one tiny island.

3 i mean including NUS med school, sorry.

>cherry-picking prestigious Singapoor schools
Wow, it's fucking nothing. There are plenty of public high schools in the US that are also basically feeders into America's best unis.

see Lynbrook High in San Jose, University High in Irvine

Well, considering there's only like 20% of all singapoor students filtered to take our version of A levels, to go to college, and a further 10% of that 20% that can go into higher tier schools like UC Berkeley, kings college or ICL, I would say it isn't really a great cherrypick as compared to if i were say 50% of sg students takr A levels, hundreds fail and only 1 or 2% make it.