Do you think it will be possible to completely change one's gender using technology in the future?

Do you think it will be possible to completely change one's gender using technology in the future?
Or experience the other side of the bargain using advanced vr?

Right now sex reassignement is just a fancy term for genital mutilation but I think genetics and bioengineering could make all kinds of body modification possible in the future.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4468954/Man-spends-25k-plastic-surgery-elf.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postzygotic_mutation
med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2014/01/dna-of-peanut-allergic-kids-changes-with-immune-therapy-study-finds.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gender is defined by who you are faggot, sex and gender and separate

Don't yell at me, English is not my first language and I thought you could use those terms interchangeably.

No that's impossible and against the natural order.

Good luck changing the chromosomes

How would you change the structure of the brain to precisely capture the feeling of being another sex? Doesn't seem possible.

>Against the natural order
Nobody asked how you felt about it.

In 20-30 years why not?

Doesn't seem possible for a brainlet like you, sure.
Just wait a couple decades.

YOU FOOKING PIG GENDER IS A SPCIAL CONSTRUCT YOU CAN'T CHANGE IT. IT IS NOT MATERIAL HOW FUCKING PATRIARCHAL CAN YOU BE IN 2017 SEXIST PIG DIE WHITEMEN.

>Veeky Forums - for smart people!

I'd argue that complete physical transformation is closer than seamless vr.

Maybe in the far future we will have solved this problem, people who wish to change genders will find themselves waking up to a new body which ia fully functional and is in the gender of their choice.

In the far future there will be no transgenders.

>no transgenders
If sex change would be so easily attainable there would be a multitude of new weird perversions.
Imagine real furries.

There is a pill called X-change. I read about it on one of the more esteemed boards.

Changing your physical and genetic makeup to that of the opposite sex will probably be doable in a few decades

Rewiring the brain to the pattern of a different gender will be much much harder to do

Wouldn't brain adapt eventually?

It would be simpler and require less resources and energy to simply fix the person's desire to be in their given body.

Unlimited genetic body modification is more interesting though and it would also help in space colonization and shit.

I suppose if the goal is to morph into something that could survive in space. But how can you identify as a space traveling thing when it's yet to exist? And then what does that say about other supposed identities?

There is a physical continuation in this concept. It's not like copying your brain pattern and putting it in a clone ir a robot.

Technology to do that would also kinda cure every disease so yeah. I think it's coming alright, somewhere in the future.

>brain pattern

Does it matter? If they already "feel" like another gender, then obviously they have different enough "brain patterns" for them to want to change the rest of the body. As such, only non-neurological interventions would be required to finalize their sex change, even if the end result wasn't theoretically identical to an average female-born human.

Has somebody made a comparison between male, female an various transgender brain patterns? Could be interesting.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4468954/Man-spends-25k-plastic-surgery-elf.html
We can all be the magical elves we always knew we were.

Already been shown that transgender individuals tend to have white matter distributions similar to the gender they identify as.

Too many biological obstacles to name them.

Name 20

It already is at the zygote state.

I am certain trying to mutate someone's chromosomes while they are alive would kill them.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postzygotic_mutation

Doesn't seem like it neccessary means death.

No, you're still gonna have that "man" fragment in you.

Kate Bush is cute! CUTE!

med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2014/01/dna-of-peanut-allergic-kids-changes-with-immune-therapy-study-finds.html

All transgender people will be aborted in the future so it doesn't matter.

this user has taste

Go back to your containment board.

>containment board
/pol/ is the most influential board.

Meme magic yourself a life then.

Bump, please answet with science.

Gender is a social construct, I think you mean sex.

..... said the comedian. kekekekekekekekekek

Don't worry, natives can't do it either

We still haven't cracked balding, headaches and the common cold.

Don't count on it, man.

I don't think real sex change would lead to a slippery slope to rear furries and otherkin stuff. Assume that they can, but I'm pretty sure those real furries and otherkins will be sterile as a consequence, whether mandated by rules and regulations or the limitations of technology/science.

It all depends on the technology used I guess. If it would require painfull surgeries we'd only get a handfull of those.

Nice link
Sex hormones are critical in early growth periods. I dont see how you can easily revert all those changes if at all.

Hormones ain't shit when we learn how to directly influence growth on new cells and mutations in living organisms.