ITT : STUDYING TECHNIQUES

Apart from the feynman technique and the holistic learning method, which ways you find yourself studying efficiently?

inb4 i'm a lazy scumbag who wants shortcuts, yes that is partially true, in a 20 80 rule way, so don't be a dick and share your precious infographs, pdfs, texts and everything helpful really

NO, because I am also lazy.
Look for it yourself.

Focus on the subject matter and stop going on your fucking phone you Ritalin rattled Gen Z fuckup. PAY ATTENTION GODDAMMIT

practice and answering assignment/homework questions helps alot for me since the more i write the more i understand, rather than using my eyes to just memorise shit

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand"

I'm an asian, so I spend every waking moment grinding. Cause the education system in my country is so fucked that studying like a white cismale in USA will ensure that scrape with a barely pass grade. And no I'm not from China. But somehow if you ace it all, cambridge will snatch you up.

Yeah but you could give me a name, that doesn't take alot of work
i'm so woke that i don't own a phone :^)
i already do that, and it's effective, but the educational system in my country is unpredictable, they change the way of questions every 3 year or so, you never know what's gonna come up
how strong are you chances of "acing it all"?

like 10%? Cause it goes in a fixed distribution, or a bell curve. And they already filtered out all the smart kids to take the test, so we're fighting amongst sort of the cream. Although PRCs sometime come here, their bright ones are smarter than our bright ones, so they find it easy

newfag to maths here. How do you study higher level maths?(abstract algebra, topology,etc)
Do you copy all the proofs out, or just write down the theorems and definitions. I do all the exercises so by the time I copy all the proofs and do all the exercises my notes are longer than the actual chapter I'm studying. Is this the best way to study or am I being inefficient and wasting time?

I'd like an answer to this as well in the same boat.

I just spam exercises, and drill it in. Your brain needs to make the connections, the pathways for your neurons to fire, for shorter connections to be made so you can think faster and more accurately. I've read up on neurology during my free time.

>have SAT and AP tests literally in 3 days and haven't done a second of studying

Literally no standarized test in America is difficult

you need to be able to do the proofs
my personal technique is just writing down definitions and statements, and then trying to proof things myself. if it's a particularly hard proof I also write a couple of notes on how to do it, but everything short to force myself to be able to produce it

so then for reviewing I just read my notes and see if I can still produce the proofs. if I can't, then I need to review deeper and I go read

This
Grabbing a piece of paper and being able to reconstruct your entire math course in [math] \sim [/math] 30 minutes means you understand the stuff

Dumb cunt

Studying is hard, and there are no real shortcuts. It’s dynamic and personal. It must be adapted to the task at hand and the person. The best thing really is to have a personal tutor who asks questions and which you can ask questions. That way you progress is monitored and guaranteed, while you get immediate feedback on questions.

Some general tips:

Get enough sleep

Exercise regularly.

Remove distractions

Use practice questions

Explaining it to other people works well (you quickly realize how you can explain sufficiently and what you can’t, and primes you for learning that next round)

Use spaced repetition software*

* For memorizing facts long term, you should use spaced repetition software. You can use Anki, SuperMemo (my choice) and some others. It makes sure you remember most facts you put in permanently. Most of the facts we learn are lost very quickly when there is no attempt at refreshing. Refreshing includes actively recalling the fact. These programs calculate when you are about to forget something and asks you to recall that fact. Each repetition strengthens the memory so it lasts longer the next time. The importance of this should be glaringly obvious. Knowledge is a bunch of facts or atomic knowledge units put together into mental models. As individual facts are forgotten, the models’ clarity and usefulness erodes. The core idea is probably remembered for a long time, at least in a diffuse way, but it could be clear as day and immediately available to you by simple remembering. Used correctly, this is powerful stuff.

Practice. Go line by line in proofs, dont just read and say "That makes sense". Prove things yourself. Try to come up with counter-examples and objections. See what happens if one of the conditions in a proof isn't true. Practice more. Understand that it will take time and can't be learned in a month

The general task of learning is about creating a useful mental representation of knowledge in the brain, called a mental model. That model is a configuration of atomic knowledge units. The model is to be interacted with mentally in the process of thinking, deciding and acting.

The best way to build that model is to have information presented verbally and visually, as in text or speech and graphs and pictures as needed. And to then start to interact with that information. To ask it questions and to receive immediate answers. To be asked questions, for purpose of monitoring progress in understanding and extent and quality of recall. When having proven mastery of necessary material, then proceeding to the next cycle of consuming and interacting. This is a time consuming and effortful endeavor. Ideal situation is having a personal tutor on demand. If that is unattainable, then try to approximate it.

Memory stores mental models and their knowledge units. The conceptual model of long-term memory is divided into:

Declarative memory
Semantic memory (facts, definitions, meanings)
Episodic memory (episodes, autobiographical memory)
Procedural memory (e.g. muscle memory)

In addition, we have the mental workspace called working memory. This is where mental models or atomic knowledge units are brought into to be used in thinking. Here you can make new associations, and thus form a more interconnected, orderly knowledge databank, and come to creative insights. This space has limited capacity, so you can’t hold to much information there at once. Smarter people have more space.

The act of moving information to and from storage into working memory is tiring. So is also the act of manipulating that information, interacting with it. This is why plebs can’t think long thoughts, because it is tiring for them, they get to easily distracted and they see little benefit from it (because they are too stupid to think anything of value, so why bother). Physical fitness, sleep and low stress helps to do this better. The quality of the result of thinking (manipulating, interacting) is dependent on IQ, current state and how much quality knowledge you have in long term memory.

I have never studied for one of those tests and I have always done well. They are not particularly complicated.

>studying
Brainlet.

cambridge brainlet

There isnt much new content in the field of maths and most sciences, the stuff you learn isnt really going to change. Just study and do all the problems

Learn to love pain, literally pinch your nipples hard as fuck and jump into ice cold water. Push every fucking limit, and when it hurts, keep going.

On Nov 10, a boy in Nanyang, a city in Central China's Henan province, died suddenly in his class. The boy was said to never have enough sleep as he could not finish his homework until midnight and had to get up at 6:20 am in the morning.

Yea like a ricenigger, look at how it worked out for them. Unless you want to kill yourself, learn to pace yourself, university and studies in general is a marathon not a fucking full on sprint, you'll kill yourself with exhaustion before you reach the finish line.

sounds badass, i kinda love this type of thinking
but this is reasonable too

also i don't think you'll actually die unless you keep the less than 4h of sleep during a month or so, yea that's bad, other than that your just being weak, dicover your new limits everyday