Calculus is just algebra with formulas

Calculus is just algebra with formulas.

>anime is just good cartoons without the good

weaboos BTFO

No.
Absolutely, fucking not.

its really not though. calculus is a way of thinking and approaching a problem. calculus can give you areas of odd 3-d surfaces which algebra cannot do alone. also calculus deals in limits. algebra and calculus work hand in hand though.

Doesn't algebra work hand in hand with pretty much any topic that comes after it?

You can get answers with applying limits that you can't with algebra "trancendental numbers
Also I don't know if trig counts as algebra but it doesnt seem like it

yes, algebra is a way of thinking and its helpful in almost any situation of area of study.

Algebra is exact , calculus is approximations

Calculus can find very exact answers though
Algebra can also find numbers that can only be approximated because of irrational

limits are an idea which is approximating f(x) as x approaches infinity. limits are used in the explanations of integrals and derivatives

engineer

>calculus is approximations
Calculus uses approximations by using arbitrarily small manipulations. You can do simple "calculus" by treating dx as .00000001 and still figure out the derivitave of x^2=2x. It uses an approximation but the answer is exact as can be because the tiny dx disappears from the final answer through algebra
The only answers that are approximate is irrationals

An infinitely accurate approximation is still an approximation.

Calculus is where algebra, geometry, and trig all come together and you see how powerful math really is and learn real-world applications.

No you fucking faggot, you probably think 0.999.. ≠ 1

Correction:

Calculus is just analysis with a wheelchair.

Calculus is by and large just as procedural as elementary algebra. That's why many countries teach derivatives and integrals in high school.

It really depends on the context.

>That's why many countries teach derivatives and integrals in high school.
Are you implying that there are countries that don't?

I don't think they do in Liberia.

I didn't learn any in HS.

It depends on your definition of algebra.

I would argue the tiny dx disappears from the final answer through analysis since "treating it as 0.00000001" is essentially the same as finding a satisfactory epsilon. Can that be considered algebra? Yeah since you're manipulating inequalities but no in the sense that the algebra itself isn't whats emphasized (the hard part.)

Again though
Most of the notions you're talking about are grossly generalized to call them algebra. It's not algebra with formulas; its analysis in black and white.

Better yet, its just analysis thats readable to someone with little experience outside of your average college algebra.

But my college algebra was just shit about field extensions. That stuff is pointless for analysis.

they probably did just not the easy way for some reason.

math graduate actually

Algebra is about variable transformations whereas calculus is about the area under a curve.

>the tiny dx disappears from the final answer through algebra

it disappears because of the limit concept or any equivalent characterisation.

change major desu

My high school taught derivatives but certainly did not teach integrals.

Is there even a point to knowing integrals unless you're a computer scientist trying to write a more efficient way of calculating them?

Yeah, like the algebra involved in taking the standard part.

For being correct?

Only third world countries, like mine, go deep into calculus in highschool because there's too much competition.