*blocks your path*

Other urls found in this thread:

tutorial.math.lamar.edu
twitter.com/AnonBabble

NOT TODAY FAG

>bisects my sides into 2^p partitions

bitch please, passed complex analysis with 90% mark

Go home, son. Let daddy deal with this.

I mean, the right side has the infinite term aleph null on it so obviously anything is going to be less than that.

This is the book that made me into a man.

Undergrads will hate it, but you'll appreciate it one day.

This is more hebrew than math for me, and i speak hebrew.
It's like looking at chinese.

I mean it's first year analysis

>comes without solutions

This guy slaps your boyfriend's ass. what do

Hey, this is the book we used in intro analysis. I was so young.

>when you discover parallel coordinates
>set theoretic definitions of function and everything else entailed by it fucking CLICKS
>buzzed for fucking WEEKS
>can't shut up about parallel coordinates
>the TA is hushing me "alright alright"
>keep telling him he doesn't get it and keep trying to go up on the board and draw all his functions in parallel coordinates
>he keeps telling me to sit down
>finally get kicked out of class
>professor emails me asking "what the fuck are you doing" (direct quote)
>send him a 30 page memo on parallel coordinates I typed up in LaTeX anticipating his email
>he doesn't respond
>get dropped from the class with no explanation as to why
>begin handing out pamphlets on parallel coordinates on campus
>get banned from campus for arguing with perpendicular coordinate sub-humans

Nice, saved

>proof: think
Wow really convinced me.

I understand everything here except the sup part. Wtf is that?

Should I stay in applied math or get into Computer engineering for the $$$?

nope try again

get a masters in applied math if you want $$$

When I was younger and in school I was shit in math. The numbers get all jumbly when I look at them. That + public school teachers + being young, I never really tried to focus on it.

Now that I'm older, get jealous of you faggots and being able to understand even simple algebra. I'm not a retard, I'm just stupid at this point.

Can you guys recommend a path from 0 to science? I don't care for the degree, I just want to learn and understand. Maybe a series of books I can read to learn for myself?

Shelah proof's are the best :D

0. Learn a+b a*b and a^b for any two natural numbers 1-10. This is only 300 things to memorize and it will help your speed immensely. Try to get it to the point where you can recall this in under 2 seconds. (difficulty 5/5 importance 3/5)

1. SIMPLIFYING (difficulty 2/5 importance 5/5)
2. FACTORING (difficulty 3/5 importance 5/5)
3. Trigonometry (difficulty 1/5 importance 5/5)
4 Geometry (difficulty 4/5 importance 1/5)
5. DERIVATIVES (difficulty 2/5 importance 5/5)
6. INTEGRALS (difficulty 5/5 importance 5/5)
6. Matrices (difficulty 2/5 importance ?/5)

After you get through all of this, you will have risen above brainlet status and be ready for low to mid level math.

Godspeed.

>6. INTEGRALS (difficulty 5/5 importance 5/5)

I used to laugh at the
>le integrals are so hard
meme after I finished my calculus sequences but what I didn't remember is that integrals weren't a fucking game. We learned to do them because they were going to come up literally everywhere in higher level courses and now every time I face an integral it is back to googling basic identities for me. I wish I could turn back time to the good old days when I was studying calculus and I knew everything about integrals.

Simplifying what? I guess all of those points talk about a typical HS curriculum, don't they?

Unqualified thinking about basic stuff:
Computer science addendum to 0.
Learn 2^x for Integers between [0, 32]

Also: Numbers between 0 and 16 in Hex and binary without thinking.
Knowing the full byte-range might help too.
Maybe in octal too.

Knowing ASCII code numbers in and out should help too.

hello r/Veeky Forums

Include me in the cap

Zorich is the best analysis book for freshmen. I still don't understand why there is shitty calculus instead of true analysis in the first semester. Math majors are supposed to be smart enough, aren't they?

Engineers need their watered down calculus so they can take university physics and solve problems dealing with pulleys, wooden clocks on an edge, and throwing balls off the top of roofs.

>Geometry
>Importance 1/5
Please explain

There's also the Kolmogorov book on analysis.

What is real analysis?

So what are parallel coordinates?

>Bisects
Lost

>I still don't understand why there is shitty calculus instead of true analysis in the first semester.
If you're taking calculus in university you're either not a math major or you're going to a tiny Podunk U that makes all their STEM students take the same calculus course.
Schools with a semi-decent math program, even in the US, will have honors-track math students taking analysis first year.

i was here for this

>Proof:think

Analysis on the real numbers.

this one's way worse than the first one

I've done up to calc II but I've forgotten (not completely) everything beyond basic differentiation.
I've been trying to work through everything on this website: tutorial.math.lamar.edu but it's taking forever to get through the easy stuff and I'm autistic so I can't skip it.

set theory and analysis are a jewish ploy to denigrate the white mans infinitesimal calculus

>measured space

just fucking kill me famalam, glad I survived this shit show

whats wrong with functional analysis?

Serious honest question here: What functional analysis even is? In what way it is different from real/complex analysis? I sometimes study math on my own, I tried reading wiki's definition of functional analysis but I didn't get it.

Complex analysis is a cakewalk compared to real analysis.

*blocks your path*

Blocks your math lol get it?

Not him, but that book will fuck you up.
There's babby Rudin, adult Rudin and then that one.

It's basically analysis on infinite dimensional vector spaces, which is a lot different from analysis in R^n.
It's called functional analysis because it started as the study of spaces of functions, which are particular cases of infinite dimensional vector spaces.

khanacademy dot org, get on it user and stop being a brainlet :)

Where are these from? Tried checking arxiv under Shelah's name but no dice.

>checking arxiv under Shelah's name

Try google to get an idea of the beast you will deal with.

Yep, even when a legitimate "full" proof was given I needed about an hour to digest it.

pic related for all you kiddos out there

Can you be good at math but retarded with angles?
To be fair, I was given a shitty foundation of trig in school.

and now I want sherbert. You know what OP I'm getting sick of the shit....

Brainlet here, thanks for the map. See you guys soon.

>To be fair, I was given a shitty foundation of trig in school.
Uh sure why not. Review that shit. The most important thing you need for school is algebra. Yeah you will learn other concepts in (((important))) classes but a solid mastery of algebraic manipulation will pay huge dividends in proofs.

Found it, what manner of black sorcery is this? Really though it actually looks really interesting, model theory and more generally mathematical logic is something I've been meaning to get into (though mainly in its connections to analysis but this looks really interesting in its own right) so it gets me pretty excited to see a bit of what's up ahead. What kind of books would recommend to get started and which ones to read Cardinal arithmetic, it lays out it's prerequisites but I imagine there's quite a bit more necessary.

it's boring
t. took a lot of analysis even though I hate analysis

cool

From 1000 times you will want to give up 999 times. You will need to resist that urge 999 times. Don't and you'll likely give up anytime again. Resist and see how every day that passes you'll move up the ladder.

Yep and that one time out of 1000 that you understand it is way better than the best sex of your life.

If you don't feel that way about math, then you are in the wrong field.