My Christian friend told me that science is the creation of the devil

>My Christian friend told me that science is the creation of the devil.

The sad thing is he really believes in that absurd statement.

How to I bring him to modern time Veeky Forums?

Who fucking cares. Let him be.

Convince him that unless he eschews all technology, he is wilfully serving satan

Your Christian friend is correct. British Scientists have proof of Satan's existence and are suppressing it because they don't want people to know the British Monarchy sold their souls to Satan for immortality.

tell him Jesus was a jew

Tell him no one cares protestants are less corrupt because they are also dumber.

Stop lying on the internet.

Also get off of Veeky Forums if you're under 18.

He knows this already.

>mfw Bruno Mars is 1.65
and I thought I was a manlet :^)

It is in a sense.....

It secretely is magic. Good and bad. All magic comes from God.
The Devil just relabled it and called it a day.

Science is black magic. It is forbidden knowledge we keep striving for.

Why do you have a christian friend? Drop that fool.

You don't, because you can't.

oh great another fedora atheist neckbeard trying to shove the religion of science down everyone's throat

this

unless hes striving to be a politician and force his beliefs onto everyone its a non-issue, you fucking commie

compile infant mortality rates and all the other horrible shit pushed aside in the wake of science

except it's the opposite, his friend making the claim, he wasn't doing anything

But in an abstract way, he's right.

If you consider his idea of Eden as mans condition before the discovery of fire, pottery, agriculture, clothing, etc..
Thus, the pursuit of knowledge beyond that of other animals is why we were driven out of this Eden.
Science is the pursuit of knowledge. The pursuit of knowledge got us kicked out of Eden. The Devil got us kicked out of Eden. Therefore, in his mind, science is the devil.

Of course, you have to make a number of metaphoric assumptions about the Biblical story.

And, in this case, you have to make your own judgement on who or what God is, and the good/evil nature of "the devil" in this case.
Considering that "the devil" is responsible for our rising above all the beasts of the Earth, forging our civilization, alleviating so much suffering and expanding our arts and culture as well.

He's saying that science was created by amoral, egotistical nihilists who worship the material world and deny immaterial absolutes.

You have to understand that "the devil" does not mean a literal red demon with horns who wields a three pronged spear. That's the anthropomorphic representation created for retards who can't handle abstract definitions, and as a result ends up being a convenient straw man for "atheists" who ironically can't understand abstract definitions themselves.

t. non-retarded atheist

Proddies can't take the Bible metaphorically, because if it could, that would mean that an authority would have to interpret it to have a unified faith, which is bad apparently, so the Bible has to be literal in order to be the only authority.

That's why they believe the world is younger than the dawn of civilisation and satan planted dinosar bones in the earth.
Crazy stuff.

Does anyone play this game

kids with ass cancer is the best card btw

Well, he is still wrong in every sense by what you mean. The majority of scientists befor the 20th century were religious. It's just protestant retards who are against it.

There's no such thing as the devil in Christian mythology, so your friend is both ignorant and misinformed about his own religious beliefs.

GODDAMN FUCKING REDDITOR GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nice strawman, fedora.

Make him read about transhumanist Christians. I think they're pretty cool.

there is no free will, so do what you have to do, because you can't do what you can't do, just like him and everyone and everything. it's just the reality of physics. but I could be wrong, for the same reason... wait, or can I?

you can't really do something with him instead just say "i disagree with you but i respect you" i find that convincing people who believe absurd shit tend to be very VERY hard to convince (especially conspiracy theorists) there's a small chance that they'd snap out of it as they grow up but that's still small.

that's partially true since the devils are mostly angles who used to be angles

there is, but its a metaphor for wavering faith

>Lying on the internet
Literally doesn't happen

>not realising that the idea represented by that picture is fascism incarnate

this is why leftists are retards

Clearly reason doesn't effect him. Let him be retarded somewhere else. Just don't do him the disservice of validating that retarded shit to protect his feelings

Complacency is the death of sanity.

So would Adam never have learned to helicopter without eating a fucking apple?

Hey you know if you don't sin then Jesus died for nothing