How do you cope with this anthropic climate change?

How do you cope with this anthropic climate change?

Is there any solution to this problem at all?

Have intellectuals posed any solutions that are actually meaningful?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturalistic_fallacy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_nature
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I say fuck it.
Revolutions only happen when living conditions get shitty.
And living conditions are pretty amazing right now.

Same way we deal with the invisible UFO invasion

>I say fuck it.

What did you mean by this?

Well, the problem is that if there is a revolution, it will already be too late.

Stick a giant pipe to the earth that hangs out to the space. Soon it will balance with the 0 temperature of the outerspace and earth will be much colder.

The same way I deal with everything else that isn't real

the air doesn't leave the planet for the same reason your swimming pool doesn't float off into space.

And how do you solve the acidification of the ocean?

Retarded samefag

Global warming is basically a hoax though.

Samefag

Global warming is extremely exaggerated. By trying to stop global warming you're basically going against what is naturally happening.

climate change is 99.999999% dependent on volcanism, solar, and other astrophysical activity.

>Global warming is extremely exaggerated
By scientists? No.

>By trying to stop global warming you're basically going against what is naturally happening.
First of all, it's not natural. Second, why would going against what is naturally happening be bad? You are fucking retarded.

Which climate change?

Climate change in the sense of almost all general weather patterns.

>going against what is naturally happening
cutting down all the trees... cool
burning all the mineralized carbon... cool
doing anything about the consequences... hand on a minute now we can't interfere with nature.

The material emitted by a single decently sized volcanic eruption has more of an effect on global temperatures than all the coal ever burned.

Climate change is not a weather pattern by definition.

Current climate change is not dependent on volcanism, solar, and other astrophysical activity. Of course, this only represents 0.00000004% of Earth's climate, but it's the 0.00000004% we happen to be living in.

>Is there any solution to this problem at all?

yeah, loads. we've had engineering solutions for more than 30 years. but whenever you suggest actually implementing these solutions scientists wring their hands and say "oh, um, well lets not be hasty here" and proceed to beg for more """"""""research"""""""" funding.

i'm certain there is legitimate research going on, but there is just as much white man welfaring and tax wasting boondoggles that are preying on peoples fears.

Climate change in the sense of changing patterns from previously identified norms*
Sorry for triggering your autism by not being pedantic enough.

>anthropic
How does the anthropic principle apply to AGW?

what it feel like to read these threads

*0.00000004% of Earth's climate history

Completely false. The total amount of emmissions from ALL VOLCANOES globally (on land and sea) is about 200 million tons. The amount of CO2 emitted from coal in a *single year* is on the order of several billion tons.

However, this ignores that volcano eruptions actually cause more cooling than warming, so this entire argument is a non-sequitur.

*total amount of emissions from ALL VOLCANOES annually is about 200 million tons

>air doesn't leave
>retard has no idea how heat transfer works
let me know when you finish highschool

>NB4 CO2science.org

fuck off back to

>implying a giant straw into space would cool the surface of the planet
>calling other people stupid

you funny

Slow down CO2 emissions via optimal carbon tax, spend more on nuclear energy and other replacements.

Ironic, coming from a dumbfuck who thinks heat transfer doesn't happen if the air actually doesn't displace. Do you think your parents basement gets cold in winter because someone is secretly pumping cold air there which stays cold forever?

The ultimate solution is to destroy Capitalism and enforce a resource based economy that runs on necessity instead of pure profit.

Threadly reminder that liberals are more responsible for advancing climate change than conservatives by an order of magnitude. It is liberals who are against nuclear, against hydropower, and against solar.

>everyone needs stuff
>no one needs to make stuff
I can't see how this would fail.

>implying the heat transfer from the lower to upper atmosphere would occur more rapidly by inserting a vertical tube from the upper to lower atmosphere.
>calling other people stupid

you even funnier, like the guy on the side of this gif >calling other people stupid

as well as the invisible UFO attacks. Jesus bless those liberals

>liberals who are against nuclear, against hydropower, and against solar
you on the right in this gif

care to actually refute anything i said instead of memeing with a strawman?

nuclear power is blatantly opposed by liberals. expansion of our hydropower generation capacity has been cockblocked over and over again by liberals who whine about the destruction of local ecosystems. as for solar, NREL and other research institutions have made great advances in solar technology thats being stymied by scurred liberals because the panels in question use small amounts of lead.

>haha i dont have any arguments but heres a dumb gif I saved from 9gag
Seriously, stop embarrassing yourself with those retarded posts until they teach you atleast entropy 101 and how to tie your own shoes.

Conservatives are almost as against funding nuclear power as liberals. They prefer fossil fuels every time. And they almost uniformly deny that AGW is real and needs to be mitigated. So you're simply wrong.

Trump killed ARPA-E, that alone is worse than anything liberals have done.

>implying other people are stupid
okay "vertical tubes cool the atmosphere" boy

not the user you're replying to, but you literally suggested sticking one end of a straw into earth and having the other ''hang out to the space'', as if this changes the heat transfer that regularly occurs without the straw and solves climate change. you are clinically retarded.

Different guy but let's face it, do you really think that 300 years worth of industrialization is all it takes to irreversibly destroy this planet? Personally I don't and it isn't even happening all around the world, it's an isolated case in certain sectors of the planet. Considering the theory that we've been slowly exiting the ice age, I too believe that this is a natural occurrence that the left is exaggerating to the max.

>Why would going against what is naturally happening bad?
And you have the nerve to ask if someone else is retarded.

>things I don't understand are impossible

but user, you were naturally occurring as well, yet your mother decided to have you. after being presented with such strong evidence, heck after being the evidence yourself, how can you still claim that all that is natural is good?

And what exactly don't I understand?

Is this bait? You do know that my mother having me is a natural occurrence, right? Natural is good because it keeps me alive.

>And what exactly don't I understand?
based on this I think its fair to say you don't understand the way the climate works

I've already acknowledged that you were a natural occurrence and being that your mother was also a brainlet who ignored evidence, decided that having you must be a good thing, since 'all natural things are good'. but given that you are now the evidence that your mother ignored, how can you still claim that all that is natural is good?

So are you the same shill from before?

>everyone who disagrees with me is samefagging

lmfao, no you're just stupid

Im just curious because everything your saying doesn't really make sense and your not really explaining anything but are just throwing out insults. So do you want to explain why your right or just flaunt the intelligence you claim to have.

>wow, I just can't really see that happening, it doesn't really seem realistic to me. I'm just going to ignore all this evidence, because I just don't really think it's possible

Ok, have a nice day m8.

aww user, I seriously feel bad now, I'm sorry we got to you, but you have to understand that your post consisted of 'this seems counter-intuitive to me' and 'if the symptoms are real, I believe it's natural, therefore good, just like cancer and asteroid collisions'. what sort of responses did you expect?

>implementing these solutions
Pls elaborate

>enforce a resource based economy that runs on necessity instead of pure profit.
Buddy, i have bad news for you

The consumers... they're coming

God help us

>do you really think that 300 years worth of industrialization is all it takes to irreversibly destroy this planet?
Strawman AND argument from incredulity! Nice combo!

>Personally I don't
Too bad scientific facts aren't affected by what you personally believe, right?

>and it isn't even happening all around the world, it's an isolated case in certain sectors of the planet.
Globally, the Earth is warming. Of course this will have different effects in different latitudes, but the effect is still global and therefore relevant. This argument is pointless.

>Considering the theory that we've been slowly exiting the ice age
Wrong, wrong, wrong. We exited a glacial period, not an ice age, thousands of years ago. We're still in an ice age since there is ice at the poles. We arere scheduled to re-enter a glacial period in the next few thousand years, so if anything, the long term trend should have been going down, not up.

>I too believe that this is a natural occurrence that the left is exaggerating to the max.
Again, what you believe is irrelevant.

>And you have the nerve to ask if someone else is retarded.
You are certifiably retarded. According to natural selection your genes should confer a disadvantage and thus should have been eradicated. Fortunately for you, modern civilization allowed you to live against what nature would have done.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturalistic_fallacy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_nature

>cities produce the most pollution
>cities will be underwater and will be forced to stop polluting
>cities vote mostly liberal
i see no problem with global warming.

these threads make me laugh because they are always full of shills. Global warming is happening, storms are getting worse, flooding is getting worse, global temperatures are trending upward.
You can literally get the atmospheric data yourself and play with it using R or fucking excel (for all the accounting majors pretending they know science on this board).
I'd recommend not investing in coastal communities that are already prone to flooding or storms, especially on the west coast, because they are going to eat some big ones in the next two decades.
also predicting federal flood insurance program will get gutted silently in the next 10 years.. No reason guys.

I have a hypothesis.
I postulate that human will to solve this problem will never equal the human effort necessary to solve the problem.
I further postulate, that no matter how bad things get, humans will never do enough to stop it.

Thus, as things get worse and worse, we will do more an more to fix it, but our efforts will never be enough.

I will laugh the day they announce the ocean biosphere is collapsing - which will wipe out over 90% of all life on Earth eventually. Because then people will be scrambling for a solution but not one that will actually work.

Our race is doomed because we refuse to take charge of our futures. We can affect climate on a global scale now. But we choose not to admit it. We deserve what we do to ourselves.

>I will laugh the day they announce the ocean biosphere is collapsing - which will wipe out over 90% of all life on Earth eventually.

>90% of retards get pruned
why is this so bad?

90% of all life means all large animals, so animals that need say... 1000+ calories a day will be dead.

sounds good.

is there a way to speed up the process and kill the retards?

fyi, us non-retard elite can just farm underground if needed.

You'll be dead because you aren't capable of farming, certainly not underground. You will probably also just die in the collapse of industrial civilization.

The only way to survive is to start getting ready right now and hope no one figures out where you are because guns and bullets will still be plentiful when we're starving.

Am I or my children going to die?

Yes

How?

I tried to kill myself last year because of climate change

It is a combination of things. I am fat for one and thinking about all the food we will lose made me so angry. Also I work at McDonalds for 11 years so the impact I have on methane emissions via beeth is pretty huge so there was guilt

I tried to kill myself by bellyflopping into 50 glass jars of honey (I thought it wold be poetic as bees are dying because of AGW)
Some of them shattered and I ended up laying in a small pool of blood for 2 hours but didn't die. I ended up just sitting up, eating all the spilled honey then going to bed in pain

We're fucked OP

Pour acid in to balance it out? Jesus they told be you guys were smart.

>too late
For what though? What is the problem with mass collapse and death? Humans will bounce back.

I am of the opinion that we should massively plant trees.
Big cities in particular, I genuinely believe that they should be turned into massive forests. There also pieces of land that no one works and hasn't worked for years and decades, plant big trees.

But then there are some consequences that I am not seeing, I am sure.

Do you guys think that the government will just let 99% of us die while the elite become robots or androids that are the only ones capable of surviving climate change