Opinions on Khan Academy?

>suck at math
>thinking in going through all khan academy math

do it faggot. You gotta start somewhere

I used to suck at math too, but when I decided to self-study math and actually learn it this time, the high school algebra problem sets were a good refresher. Now I'm all the way up to topology and real analysis.

It ain't bad but it shouldn't be the only way you study.

too slow for me, but it could be alright for brainlets.
Just dont watch EVERYTHING, select a couple of videos and read some books

Or just skim the videos to find out how they're done

They key is actually doing practice problems

>Now I'm all the way up to
>topology and real analysis.

You're all your way up to high school maths?

Go for it. It helped me on several occasions.

damn user, what high school did you go to?

He didn't.
That's why he feels validated by shitposting on Veeky Forums.

Perhaps he meant he did maths at school whilst high.

I do the same thing with chem, but you're not going to really internalize what you've learned if you're not solving real problems. Text books are GOAT.

That's what I'm doing right now.
My whole scholastic career I thought I was simply incapable of understanding math but it turns out my teachers were just explaining it incompetently.

I started suing it sometime ago and it really helped me understanding things that I was struggling it. Then you need to practice by yourself

>I started suing it sometime ago
Why? what did they do to you?

it's too easy for uni but for schoolboys its nice

khan academy helped me go from a 15 in math on my ACT to a 23 and I still didn't really study all that hard. you can do it user you just have to not be a lazy piece of shit like I am. not that I'm saying I'm smart but lazy, a 23 is not much to brag about. I'm stupid and lazy. but being stupid and productive is a hell of a lot better. and you are probably smarter than me. so imagine how much better you could be if YOU studied.

khan academy is great for people who have terrible knowledge of fundamentals. Either because they had shitty teachers or they were
retarded lazy pieces of shits in school like me.

Also, just like said, just look at what you have to. I originally started trying to do everything then quickly realized there's a lot of shit you probably won't use and you will forget due to lack of practice.

as things got more difficult I started watching professor Leonard's videos on youtube and actually opening the assigned textbooks for the first time in my life instead.

Anyways I'm sure you can do it user. You have to start somewhere.

>professor Leonard
This. Went from retard-tier to a decent understanding of Calculus 3 concepts.

Somebody post the greentext.

How the FUCK do people self teach math? Khan academy is slow as fuck and everything is either too easy or the right difficulty but I never feel like I understand it. It's great to learn how to solve specific types of problems but I don't actually gain any understanding of the material. The just throw the same problem at you in the exact same format with different numbers until you figure out, but change it even slightly from that specific format and you're left confused and incapable. Math books are even worse! Even concepts that I feel completely comfortable with are confusing to understand. I'm not sure anyone not autistic can naturally gain meaning out of the esoteric runes that are in those books.

>people can't self-teach math
outside of high school, nobody's gonna stand behind your back and ask you to be so kind and do your homework.
Bc. Applied Math here. At least from my perspective, everything I know properly, I've learned by myself or from sources other than the courses I've taken.
The chance that you'll get a good teacher who has exactly your favorite type of teaching methods (that motivate you to work) are slim. It happened to me only once over 3 years. You have to learn to google stuff and gather knowledge on your own, that's the only way to really learn things. Not just passively consume the explanations given by one person.

plus... after you get a decent grasp of something, do your best to explain it to someone else in such way that they will understand. You never truly understand something, unless you can explain it