I need some help bros

So I am one of those smartass /g/ teenagers who is probably going to pursue a degree in pentesting. However, my real passion is mechanical engineering. I want to learn this in my own time. So far, since my highschool has a crappy math/stem path, I am graduating with Calculus 1 so I am not really advanced enough for late year college textbooks.

Basically all that I am asking is what topics should I pursue in a sequential order (like cal 2 phys 2 etc) so that I can at least do hobby stuff with mechanical engineering like designing my own 2 stroke engine or something.

Other urls found in this thread:

Veeky
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

great news. most of mechanical engineering actually boils down to straight algebra. the tougher problems require SOME calculus, but more than likely you are going to be using some sort of numerical method instead.

>2 stroke engine or something.

you can easily get through pic related with only some working knowledge of thermo and calc 1 shit.

engineering is 90% intuition and feels. the math is there to optimize and cover your ass in court.

I came here to post this.
Wildberger would agree on this, it is reals.

I was going into this thinking I was going to need so much overhead knowledge. I didn't know that it was going to be that straight forward. Thank you user.

cont.

with calc 1 under your belt, you can also get through these 3 books pretty easily as well. grab a thermo/heat transfer text and you have all of the basics of mech E under your belt. maaaybe a machine design text if you are feeling frisky.

i shit you not, you only need calc 1 and a wee bit of diff eq.

calc 2 and 3 are pretty worthless unless you want to build optimized FEA algorithms or something.

Thanks a ton bro. Already looking in my county public library's directory.

calc 2 and 3 are necessary if you want to get an EE, then end up doing web design for a living.

Just pirate them from gen.lib.rus.ec?

I'm actually doing that right now. Me and my highschool buddy are in the middle of filing an operational agreement for an startup llc to do web dev and ios/android dev.

i'd also recommend pirating Solidworks.

youre going to starve to death unless you already have clients lined up.

I prefer print, I cannot read anything serious off the web except man pages.

Major in MechE and learn CS/pentesting on your own.

I know, what we are trying to do is basically just learn how to do all of this crap so when shit hits the fan we can just dissolve this test company. I have a bet with my friend that well make 1 app and decide to scrap it. Honestly its just a $200 deficit for the form approval. Not really a risk.

Pirate them and then print them?

Thats kinda what I was thinking, Bama has the Stem Pathway which is a Mba in business and a ba in a discipline in engineering.

the ink would cost more than getting them from the library or buying them off of ebay or equivalent.

the skills are the easiest part, the hardest part is actually getting clients.

you either end up doing shitty local advertising and getting tons of clients trying to stiff you or people you get online just go, "but i can pay wix 15 bucks why do you want to charge me 300".

web dev and freelancing is a shit show right now especially because eastern europeans take shit for 1/4th what you'd charge.

Steal the ink?

this. those books i listed are cheap af bruh.

I know, Im just trying to build a resume for like GE or google or something.

Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Mathematics
Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Physics_Textbook_Recommendations#High_School
Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Mechanical_and_Aerospace_Engineering

I actually had that happen. I had a guy who was going to pay me $150 but backed out because of wix. I was so pissed.

Was this in the sticky?
This is exactly what I needed thanks user!