Gut Bacteria

Alright Veeky Forums

I just had my gut bacteria tested in an attempt to find out about my debilitating health problems and chronic constipation which no doctor has helped.

These are the species of bacteria most prevent in my gut.

I have overgrowth of unknown clostridia species

also I have no lactobactillus growth

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/entry/gut-bacteria-autoimmune-disease_us_58595dd5e4b03904470acd99
researchgate.net/profile/Yuying_Liu2/publication/311792087_Resetting_microbiota_by_Lactobacillus_reuteri_inhibits_T_reg_deficiency-induced_autoimmunity_via_adenosine_A2A_receptors/links/585d561108aebf17d38a3279/Resetting-microbiota-by-Lactobacillus-reuteri-inhibits-T-reg-deficiency-induced-autoimmunity-via-adenosine-A2A-receptors.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3311308/
cell.com/immunity/pdf/S1074-7613(15)00303-9.pdf
animistology.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Kramer-and-Bressan-Humans-as-Superorganisms.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=KQoJo81lujk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Eat some yogurt

>durrrrrrr
>implying I haven't tried that and numerous probiotics a million times

It doesn't reach my gut, it gets killed on it's way there.
I've taken countless probiotics and yogurts

Stupid pleb.
I drink 100 g of clarified butter every day.
Fuck off the microbiome.
Stick to fats with some veggies if you wish.
I rarely fart.

>I drink 100 g of clarified butter every day.
why?

>Fuck off the microbiome.
You need a healthy microbiome.

>why?
Because at the moment it's the best source of energy for my body.
Sleep less and stay more focused during the day.
Get your load of Standard American Diet, pleb.

That's interesting OP
You don';t have any actinobacteria, which is werid?
i would suggest fecal transplantation, it's harmless - if you have ways of getting it done

it could also be a mutation of a chlorine channel, which may lead to being more prone to constipation

The Problem is the bacteria are killed in our stomach

Trips of truth.
Stick some healthy person's poop in your but, OP. Do it.

>i would suggest fecal transplantation, it's harmless - if you have ways of getting it done
Yes. PLEASE

Where can I get this done?
I'm so desperate.

I live in Canada and my country is fucking retarded and BANNED the procedure.
HOLY SHIT FUCK

>it could also be a mutation of a chlorine channel
I didn't have constipation at all growing up though.

L. Reuteri
user you NEED to read these

huffingtonpost.com/entry/gut-bacteria-autoimmune-disease_us_58595dd5e4b03904470acd99
the journal article it's based on...
researchgate.net/profile/Yuying_Liu2/publication/311792087_Resetting_microbiota_by_Lactobacillus_reuteri_inhibits_T_reg_deficiency-induced_autoimmunity_via_adenosine_A2A_receptors/links/585d561108aebf17d38a3279/Resetting-microbiota-by-Lactobacillus-reuteri-inhibits-T-reg-deficiency-induced-autoimmunity-via-adenosine-A2A-receptors.pdf

>mfw the experiment used mice with a specific gene missing, the gene regulates immune function. After treatment with L. Reuteri the normal 30 day lifespan of these mutant mice rose to over 120 days and their immune system function was nearly normal

L. Reuteri is found in all mammal's mother's milk. It can do a factory default reset on your gut zoo demographics as well as cure many autoimmune diseases

>I have no lactobactillus growth
the study I mentioned uses a dosage that is quite high compared to what is in the probiotic pill.
I empty a capsule into a fresh container of milk and let it ferment for 36 hours at room temperature. This creates something between yoghurt and cottage cheese. It doesn't taste bad and it delivers the mega dose you need to correct your problem.

Interesting.

How would I get this into my system in large quantities though.
Doesn't your stomach acid destroy all of these?
What do?

>I empty a capsule into a fresh container of milk and let it ferment for 36 hours at room temperature
wait what? does this actually work?

If you empty probiotic pills into normal milk and leave it at room temp?

wouldn't the milk go bad?

BTW
Not all probiotics are equal. In fact most of them have little positive effect. L. Reuteri can help regrow intestinal villi
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3311308/
>Lactobacillus reuteri (L. reuteri) is a probiotic that inhibits the severity of enteric infections and modulates the immune system.

>wouldn't the milk go bad?
bad? if you use a fresh unopened container and then seed it with the contents of the probiotic pill you will incubate many different organisms true but the majority of it will be the organisms you seeded it with. The milk will curdle and go "bad" but it isn't spoiled in the classic sense with wild unknown microbes.

Wow.
Okay I'm very interested.

What about it actually getting into my gut?

Wouldn't my stomach acid destroy it?

Should I take PPIs or baking soda to neutralize the acid first?

stomach acid is the normal environment for this strain of bacteria user

don't take my word for this stuff, go read up on it
L. Reuteri
Reuterin
L. Reuteri DSM 17938

read up on making your own yoghurt user, that's what you'll be doing here. The normal L. Acidophillus is chosen for taste not probioti efficiency.

BTW you are going for a bacterial culture that is still blooming and hasn't begun the overpopulation die-off. Once all nutrients in the milk have been metabolized by the L. Reuteri the bacteria begins to die. This is normal, no food = death. You want to stop the process before this (this why 36hrs) because you want a live healthy culture to cure you not a dead useless one. Besides the die off products from L. Reuteri taste nasty.

If I take fermented probiotic yogurt every single day containing high quantities of L. reuteri, how long will it take to fix my constipation and other health issues?

My immune system is REALLY fucked up, many autoimmune issues.

Collect some alpha male shit and implant it in your ass, not even joking

>L. Reuteri DSM 17938
Is this a different strain of l. reuteri?
I don't think I'll be able to buy this specific strain.

Normal L reuteri is just as good right? I wouldn't need that specific strain of it?

>reuterin
>L. reuteri can secrete sufficient amounts of reuterin to inhibit the growth of harmful gut organisms, without killing beneficial gut bacteria, allowing L. reuteri to remove gut invaders while keeping normal gut flora intact.[5]
Wow that sounds really fucking awesome.

I hope this shit works.

btw, did you try this yourself?
did you get any benefit?

>Collect some alpha male shit and implant it in your ass, not even joking
I would if I could.

>Where can I get this done?
Meet a cutie and let her poo in your mouth.

fecal transplantation is banned in canada?
why though

i get it's still very new and not widely used yet, but still

>fecal transplantation is banned in canada?
>why though
because the our health canada is just as corrupt and sociopathic as the FDA is

>I don't think I'll be able to buy this specific strain.
BioGaia sells it

>btw, did you try this yourself?
>did you get any benefit?
yes
Long story user, I was suffering from an undiagnosed autoimmune problem. I had noticed that certain antibiotics gave me relief. Upon further research I found that you couldn't get rid of the bad gut bacteria with antibiotics without running the large risk of things like C. Difficille. Further research showed that the triggers for most autoimmune disease was in the gut.
>cell.com/immunity/pdf/S1074-7613(15)00303-9.pdf
I then decided to "overseed" my gut and began research. The premis was to flood my gut with good bacteria in the hopes of crowding out the bad ones...
It works.
IT WORKS
IF you use the correct bacteria and my thoughts at the time were why not use the ones found in mother's breast milk.
Turns out my thoughts were correct and this study published last December vindicated this theory.
If a poop transplant gives you all the zoo to cure a problem after the gut zoo is nuked with antibiotics...
Use of L. Reuteri helps to clear out all the bad actors and provides fertile welcoming environment for the right ones to colonize.

But yes, this therapy has helped me tremendously. I was suffering from Hasimoto's thyroiditis as well as late onset adult type1 diabetus. Both are autoimmune problems. Both are in remission. My pancreas is regenerating, my thyroid on the other hand... well at least it isn't being destroyed any longer and my need for meds isn't increasing.
The only thing is user, something in my environment caused this and DOES kill off the effects after a year or so. I don't care if I need to mega dose myself twice a year, it's better than becoming a diabetic

One word: yoghurt

>One word: yoghurt
That's actually made of two words: yoǧi and urt.
It's Turkish.

>One word: yoghurt

>L. reuteri late treatment prolongs survival, inhibits autoimmunity,
and modulates gut microbiota in SF mice, but
L. acidophilus DDS does not.

>BioGaia
they sell "drops" and chewable tablets
Are the chewable tablets good enough to ferment?

>Long story user, I was suffering from an undiagnosed autoimmune problem. I had noticed that certain antibiotics gave me relief. Upon further research I found that you couldn't get rid of the bad gut bacteria with antibiotics without running the large risk of things like C. Difficille. Further research showed that the triggers for most autoimmune disease was in the gut.
I'm actually suffering from something very similar to that.

>The premis was to flood my gut with good bacteria in the hopes of crowding out the bad ones...
It works.
IT WORKS
That sounds great. I've tried taking probiotics and shit and it hasn't helped. As you can see, there's no growth of lacto bacteria in my gut after taking lots of it.

>Use of L. Reuteri helps to clear out all the bad actors and provides fertile welcoming environment for the right ones to colonize.
Very interesting.

>The only thing is user, something in my environment caused this and DOES kill off the effects after a year or so. I don't care if I need to mega dose myself twice a year, it's better than becoming a diabetic
Why don't you try doing it every week to REALLY get your system colonized?

Hey do you have skype or something?
Also have you looked into LLLT for your thyroid?
I'm considering using it for some of my problems.

I wouldn't worry too much about getting the exact dsm17938 strain. I'm heartened by the fact that it was HUMAN L. Reuteri that was used on MICE and it had good effect. So I'm not too worried. I got mine from Swanson via mail order the first time 18months ago and I just ordered more from them.
And yes I'd think the drops would work fine for seeding the milk.

>I've tried taking probiotics
they are NOT all the same
in the study I've referenced above they tried using L. Acidophillus as well... guess what... didn't do the job.
>Fig. S1 shows the dynamic changes of autoimmunity and gut microbiota over 22 d of life in SF mice. Fig. S2 shows that L. reuteri late treatment prolongs survival, inhibits autoimmunity, and modulates gut microbiota in SF mice, but L. acidophilus DDS does not. Fig. S3 shows that L. reuteri early treatment reprograms fecal metabolomic profiles in SF mice. Fig. S4 shows that L. reuteri early treatment improves villus height and decreases crypt depth, and increases the expression of nucleoside transporters in small intestine of SF
mice.
>but L. acidophilus DDS does not

>Why don't you try doing it every week
When I tried this a year ago I ate 3 servings per day for a week. I suppose you could make this a regular part of your diet user, it won't hurt. In the study I've referenced the treatment time was 2 weeks and the effects lasted the mice the rest of their lives. In my case since I'm fairly certain the bad actor(s) are environmental you are probably correct that I should do this weekly. The problem is that I'm a bit lazy and making this stuff is an extra chore. It needs to be a fresh batch so the bacterial colony is blooming not declining. Refrigeration slows it down but you can't keep stuff in the fridge forever without it going rotten.
>Also have you looked into LLLT for your thyroid?
what is LLLT? light therapy?
if you're considering something like that for skin problems you really need to read that JEM article.

Thanks for the information.
I'm really excited now and going to try this.

Any more information you can give me would be helpful.

>what is LLLT? light therapy?
Yeah search for lllt thyroid
It's not just for skin stuff it does a whole lot more.

>fecal transplantation

How is that any different than a pro-biotic enema?

wow what timing this thread is. I'm actually dealing with constipation and have been for about a year now. The weird part is that my doctor gave me this product called entergam two weeks ago and it makes me normal again if and only if I only eat chicken, eggs, peanut butter and soup. All other food will constipate me and give me an extreme amount of terrible smelling gas. My doctor keeps telling my IBS-C but I don't know because it seems like I'm just allergic to every food except for like five of them, otherwise I'm okay. Should I try this l. reuteri? I need your help sci

Interesting. I remember a case shown on TV in which a kid diagnozed with autism was found with predominant populations of clostridia because of an early birth incident that required a long antibiotic treatment, and a doctor believed it was the cause of his autism. They treated the kid against the clostridia and he showed improvements on his behavior, almost declaring the kid "cured" from his autism. However, the clostridia kept getting back because of its spore forming antibiotic resistance and could never get rid off it from the gut completely, so they stopped the treatment and the kid went full autism again.

For a recommendation, I would sugest fecal transplantation as previously stated since probiotic intake didn't seem to work.

Eat more fiber. What are your health problems?

>Unbeknownst to many people, our emotions, cognition, behavior, and mental health are influenced by a large number of entities that reside in our bodies while pursuing their own interests, which need not coincide with ours. Such selfish entities include microbes, viruses, foreign human cells, and imprinted genes regulated by viruslike elements.

animistology.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Kramer-and-Bressan-Humans-as-Superorganisms.pdf

I agree a poop transplant works in many cases but a lesser and much easier (not to mention sanitary) solution is the L. Reuteri induced re-set of the system

I can't wait for crisper to make super pro-biotics that can cure aging and raise IQ 25 points.

Could such a probiotic be patented? And would that make sharing your poo is a crime? Poo piracy is the crime of the future.

>debilitating health problems
>chronic constipation
go see a neurologist

>go see a neurologist
For what?

>Eat more fiber.
Do you honestly think OP has never heard of that before?
Retard.

>entergam
Isn't that for diarrhoea and not constipation?

The only solution, OP
youtube.com/watch?v=KQoJo81lujk

Yea, but I think its primarily for bloating problems, which I have badly. It's kind of working, I guess for some food. But I became allergic to like every food out of nowhere one day. I've had pretty much every test done and have no clue what is wrong with me

My friend suffered from some mysterious symptoms swept under the IBS catch all during college. I honestly think that he nuked his gut with copious amounts of alcohol. In general, I think diets high in processed foods have really fucked with our gut flora. Hence you get mysterious IBS diagnosis. Unlike dogs, we can't rely on getting a fresh batch of gut microbes by eating shit.

It's very strange. The only thing is is that I eat extremely healthy and was at the time of getting this.

>I eat extremely healthy
Maybe you over thought your diet? I'm no doctor. These are my uniformed opinions.

this is possible. maybe even likely. But now I'm stuck it seems like. You're probably just as useful as my doctor has been

i'm in the same position man it sucks. was prescribed antibiotics to wipe out gut bacteria due to "overgrowth" and have been fucked ever since with malabsorption, body rashes, etc.

there's so much misinformation and bullshit diet plans i honestly don't know what the fuck to do.

in my experience, it's better just to accept your life as is because gastroenterologists are fucking quacks and the only ones who will look at these types of issues through a different lens are naturopaths (who are even bigger quacks.)

have you read the art of fermentation? it's all about food through history, specifically to do with fermented foods that aid in digestion and good bacteria.

>gastroenterologists are fucking quacks
you got that straight, they're almost as bad as dermatologists.
seriously tho user, you should read the two articles.
the pop-sci
and the journal article it is based upon

clostridria botulinum?

just bought the chewables. hope they work

You need a transplant of a healthy microenvironment into your gut, in other words you need a poo transplant.

Sometimes traits can take years to be expressed.
The Canadian healthcare system is ridiculously incompetent, it goes beyond even then American system.

>The Canadian healthcare system is ridiculously incompetent, it goes beyond even then American system.
It really is fucking atrocious and to be honest the main reason is that it's controlled by a government monopoly that restricts all competition in medical innovation and discovery.
New discoveries take years to be implemented.

And you'll never get approval without connections.

You need a fecal transplant from a healthy donor. The vast majority of consumed probiotics are simply not effective because they're unable to survive a trip through the stomach in great numbers, much less compete with the already established gut flora.

Why do you think it's from gut flora? If you aren't sure you could just take rifaximin.

for your symptoms. there are many neurological disorders that can cause chronic constipation and "debilitating health problems"

pour milk in your ass

How can neurological disorders cause constipation?
Makes no sense.

Hey I'm wondering how long it took for the fermented L. Reuteri to work for you?
How many days?

Not all of it... Otherwise we'd be immune to food borne illness and you'd never see partially digested food in your feces.

But given the severity of his condition, I doubt any that does get through can out compete what's already there.

So, either you're going to need to feed on ludicrous amounts, or you're going to need something much more intravenous or much more concentrated. Maybe along the lines of , in huge and consistent quantities, forever, or something borderline cray cray like a fecal transplant.

They can and they do. Brain has a lotta control over that whole digestive system, and can muck it up no end.

Granted, it's a two way street, of course.

You know I've looked into this (stress -> gut) claim some and I found very dubious studies on mice. Is there any substantive evidence? You would expect pretty concrete correlations for people in high stress environments.

Perhaps you should try infection by non-pathogenic worms

Stress related ulcers, for instance, are a pretty well understood phenomena, and depression is also well known muck with all sorts of bodily functions, especially immunity and digestion.

Certainly it's a longer studied and more understood cause than the relatively recent field of gut flora that you are looking at now. In the end, the brain has some measure of control over every system in the body and manages all the hormonal systems, either directly or indirectly.

Not saying it's the problem in your case, however, given the rather extreme nature of your condition.

Stress ulcers were debunked like 40 years ago dude what are you talking about, also I'm not OP.

Ulcers can still be caused by stress, but it's just more likely an H. pylori infection.

Proof?

I've heard of various debunkings of various cures and treatments, but SFAIK, stress ulcers are still a thing.

It's also a fairly simple matter to demonstrate how minutes of amounts of a chemical that has no effect on the body, but only on the brain, can cause you to projectile vomit out the wrong orifice.

Of what?

Mercury toxicity is certainly real.

The best way to rid yourself of it though is by eating foods that upregulate NRF2.

I've had digestive issues for around 5 years now, since I was 18. I get awful gas regardless of what I eat and gooey bowel movements. No pain though.
Endoscopy, ultrasound and blood tests came back normal. Saw two specialists, they couldn't tell me what was wrong.

only alive probiotics inside a caps work

perhaps try artichoke and alive Saccharomyces cerevisiae

Post photos of your hemorrhoids.

gas = bacteria = malabsorption
if you have early gas formation (like

> Endoscopy, ultrasound and blood tests came back normal
If his CRP is normal, biopsies normal and no inflammation or scalloping then he has ruled out IBD and coeliac.

> intravenous
What a fucking moron

Have a yoghurt enima. Its the only way.

Hey I have the same problem it sounds like. I've taken like every test too. Sucks big time. Does your gas smell like death and get trapped in your stomach?

>probably h pylori
The biopsy from the endoscopy confirmed h.pylori. Took several kinds of antibiotics at the same time, felt better while I was on them, but then reverted back to my normal state once I finished the course. A couple of months later, blood tests after showed no presence of h.pylori anti bodies.
I forgot to mention that a hydrogen breath test also came back normal.
>Does your gas smell like death and get trapped in your stomach
Yep. It's probably something genetic since my mom is like this too, although perhaps a bit milder.

Diet switches have a great effect.

I started uni this fall, and since then I've had chronic bloating, then went to diahrrea, and then a intermittent burning in my gut, and now I have bloating and burning, but the doctors are just like, "you're fine, stress less" Really sucks op, I just want to know what is wrong. At least now my poop is normal.

that's weird, my mom also has it but hers has pretty much went away. Mine has stayed the same. Of course idk exactly what your problems are but I've been taking this stuff called entergam and it has pretty much made me go back to normal as long as I only eat the same eight or so foods. It's for ibs-d apparently but I have ibs-c and its been working. Maybe you should ask your doctor about it

>but the doctors are just like, "you're fine, stress less" Really sucks op
Because thanks to government created medical monopolies these doctors don't have to give a shit

it's a fucking cartel

>it's a fucking cartel
This.

Libtards will never wake up, they'll keep sucking the cock of these medical cartel fucks and the state.

Interesting, I'll look into it, thanks.

best of luck user

>The vast majority of consumed probiotics are simply not effective because they're unable to survive a trip through the stomach in great numbers, much less compete with the already established gut flora.
>Doesn't your stomach acid destroy all of these?

read up on L. Reuteri it's the one found in mother's milk.

>The biopsy from the endoscopy confirmed h.pylori
only 1 way to permanently get rid of it user, and it's NOT antibiotics.

>Diet switches have a great effect.
people need to realize they feed not only themselves but their gut zoo. Drastically changing your diet can drastically alter the demographics of your gut zoo, sometimes for the better, sometimes not so much.

Your situation is surprisingly similar to mine, my mother has also been sick since she was relatively young, but she was diagnosed with h pylori late in life. I am convinced that its the source of my problems as well.

The tests for h pylori are surprisingly shit, I read a jap study that said you need something like 7 different biopsy sites to get a confirmation of its absence. Unless your blood test for pylori were positive initially, the negatives dont mean anything a good % of people dont have an immune response to it (hence no ulcer) and there are varying strains of it that are more difficult to detect/toxin producing.

Read up on some natural shit like mastic gum, there are some studies indicating you can boost the antibiotic success rate by a large margin (keep taking it for like a month). Oh and trust me dont take any fluoroquinolones unless you want permanent liver and tendon damage.

My symptoms don't really match well with the typical symptoms of h.pylori infection. I doubt it's the cause.

It has a pretty wide range of severe to asymptomatic. If treatment for hp helped you, I can only imagine it being Hyperchlorhydria or SIBO (which is a result of an underlying primary illness). Good luck anyhow.

bump because this thread is really interesting.

what about enemas with L. Reuteri?

because the autonomic nervous system is responsible for peristalsis along with other functions. if the nerves aren't properly telling the muscles of your intestines to contract, you can get constipated. pseudo obstructions, actual obstructions, etc. underlying neurological disorders can also affect much more than just the autonomic function of your digestive tract, leading to system-wide failures and malfunctions that could lead to "debilitating health problems"

then how the hell would you fix such a problem?
what would a neurologist even do?

>huffingtonpost.com/entry/gut-bacteria-autoimmune-disease_us_58595dd5e4b03904470acd99

yeah I've looked into tons of stuff about pre/probiotics and diets (FODMAPS, Autoimmune Protocol, GAPs, Candida Cleanse, etc.)

the problem is that there's tons of overlap/conflict regarding strains, allowable foods, etc. and without a doctor there's no way to tell what's working other than "feeling better"

it gets to the point you're ill for so long you don't even know what the "healthy" version of yourself is supposed to be.

most of medicine isn't about "fixing problems." it's about symptomatic control, trade offs, and doing the best we can for each individual person. depending on what this specific person has going on, there may be a drug that could help, surgery if there's some sort of growth interfering with neural activity, or perhaps surgery to implant a device to innervate the muscle tissue (allowing for food to travel down digestive tract), among other possibilities.

the best way to sort this out is to seek a professional.

OPs problems are likely not caused by their gut microbiome.