Just got into harvard, what should i expect?

just got into harvard, what should i expect?

debt

Semesters.

Where are you from?

If you're from Europe, expect politically over-saturated jocks and fat nerds and girls with green hair and, in general, paranoid people. And a good university.

Underwhelming job prospects. Should've picked Stanford or MIT.

my parents make

lol the biggest meme in physics
I've had 3 physics professors that got their Ph.Ds from there, and they have been hilariously bad at the subject. However, their networking skills were pretty good, so they get a decent chunk of grant money for the department. They took a lot of administrative positions, despite being younger, to cover up their lack of research progress. This is not an exaggeration, they legitimately struggled with teaching honors freshman material to the point where they asked an additional grad student to help the assigned TA handle the avalanche of student questions. One of the profs couldn't even grade his own midterm, TAs had to solve his problems and create the grading rubric.

Alot of delusional dipshits trying to tell you their state school is superior

yes i hear there's a lot of grade inflation there.

but i mostly wanted to go bcause that's where people make their own jobs, companies, etc.

Woah. Congrats user.

Wait wtf. Why can't you get into Stanford and MIT, but you can for Harvard?

Those two haven't been politicised as much. Nor have they been turned into a business to the degree that Harvard has. Not to say that Harvard isn't a good school...

stanford has a lower acceptance rate than harvard (by just a hair), and MIT is for people who are brilliant in STEM.

i'm a well-rounded student, and do well in all my classes, but no i wasn't involved in like a robotics club or something else that would stand out to a place like MIT.

Hey I got in too, if you want, make a throwaway email and I'll email you form my Harvard mail. Also, did you get in off the waitlist ? Those 12 kids got refunded for posting Holocaust memes so you might have taken their spots haha

>tfw could probably get into Harvard, MIT, Stanford, etc. now with my current level of discipline and knowledge
>tfw too late and already going to shit schools
>tfw fell for the "test out of a grade" meme
>wasn't mature enough by the time SATs/college apps came

>"probably"

transfer. go there for grad school. you still have many options.

just do really well in the school you're in now.

>Those 12 kids got refunded for posting Holocaust memes so you might have taken their spots haha

TELL ME THE STORY HERE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

>There's a Harvard meme page
>"Harvard memes for elitist 1% tweens"
>some prefrosh from the group make a private group chat
>to get in your have to provide an OC "dank meme"
>they start making Holocaust, racist, and offensive memes (details are sketchy)
>Havard emails them and ask for a letter justifying their actions or they'll rescind them
>one kid posts in r/ApplyingbToCollege about it
> The thread is still there, it's entitled "Can I get rescinded for this?"
>He's crying about how scared he is and asking what it's about
>Everyone tells him sucks to be you
>He says some one in the private group chat had gotten offended and sent screenshots to Harvard admission office
>Today(couple of weeks later) someone posts a thread on the same subrwddit claiming to be a friend of one of the kids who got rescinded
> Apparently 12 got rescinded, including a Valedvictorian in in a full ride
>kids on the waitlist rejoice

It sounds like some teenager drank the /pol/ koolaid and got killed for it.

Just goes to show that /pol/ is a bunch of under 18s.

Only reason I know about it is because I got accepted too and Yale kept giving us shit for it hehe

I have no idea what you should expect, but congratulations friend : ^ )

wew

Uni is only fun in the third world nowdays :(

Thanks a lot for sharing. Super funny. I'm across the river by the way.

What do you want to know? Besides, you should had shown up for Visitas if you wanted a glimpse into your future. It's honestly kinda plebby and provincial for being "Harvard", especially in the humanities. Don't forget that it's also insufferably liberal, and watching so many high-functioning degenerates play loose with their lives is a shame, too. Stick to STEM and you should avoid most of the bullshit around.

Heebs, lots of them.
This is a Hillel collected statistic, an exclusive club for (((them))).

I thought there were tons of jewish people around Princeton... huh.

Being in Cambridge and the Boston area in general is a huge bubble of liberal thought. It's not healthy for understanding people with opposing or unique political and social opinions.

Goddamn, people are fucking stupid when it comes to showing off their power level. You can literally spout Trump-level rhetoric at Harvard and people will think you're a Bernie supporter (especially on the economic and foreign issues that they shared an enormous overlap on). That's how fucking bluepilled this university is. It's a shame that there'll be less /pol/-tier freshman next year, but maybe it's for the better if they're not mature enough to understand how to be politically incorrect without getting busted.

Also, isn't it fucked up that if you have a dark sense of humor, you could get kicked out from this place? No wonder everybody here is an uncomfortable bland of dweeb and prodigy, which makes for some toxic people when you add elitism into the mix.

Those kids were clearly too dumb to hide their power level correctly. Good litmus test I say.

>tfw got rejected and going to a state school

At least you'll see and learn how the majority of humanity lives and interacts with each other instead of spending years in the ivy league bubble.

i'm pretty fucking liberal myself. i'm from nyc. but i'm sure there's plenty of college republicans for me to hate.

what institute of higher learning isn't full of jews?

There's a soft taboo against self-reporting as Jewish at certain schools, because it would inflate the percentages dramatically. If you include >25% Jewish ancestry, we're talking a *significant* fraction of the "white" population, as high as 80% at some Ivies.

>what institute of higher learning isn't full of jews?

Just surprised the percentage for princeton is lower than others.

>i'm pretty fucking liberal myself. i'm from nyc. but i'm sure there's plenty of college republicans for me to hate.

I'm very liberal. You won't have toooooo much people trying to be special snowflakes but it stands that the Boston area is so extremely liberal and unified that it makes it very difficult to have any worthwhile political discourse.

>i'm pretty fucking liberal myself. i'm from nyc. but i'm sure there's plenty of college republicans for me to hate.

There really isn't. The Republicans here are basically Democrats who want less taxes. If they aren't, they got intimidated by Jeb Bush to disavow anything remotely resembling Republicanism. You won't find anybody who will seriously challenge your views, unless you're either NOT an elitist or you're NOT familiar with the latest social justice trends. In fact, I reckon that Harvard is so liberal that it's impossible for most people here to comprehend that a conservative who likes Nigel Farage and Donald Trump could ever be talking to them.

The Cambridge bubble, peer pressure, coddling from the administration, etc., is just a recipe for churning out garbage. The only opposition you'll ever experience are strawman depictions of what Harvard loves to hate, especially the average working/middle class white family, who will overwhelmingly choose to vote based off of putting food on the table instead of following liberal pet projects. In fact, you'll probably have your childhood innocence destroyed by watching the reality of your Harvard bubble collapse whenever there's a right-wing success. There's a reason why 1) Harvard pumps out so many Goldman Sachs executives; 2) why Goldman Sachs executives have zero ethics; and 3) why Goldman Sachs gets away with everything.

Mark Zuckerberg was fucking right when he called this campus full of idiots when he was able to get everybody's personal information from the early days of Facebook. I hate 90% of the people I see around here, and the few golden ones who are going to wipe out poverty with their NGOs are going to have their efforts ruined by the psychopathic, unimaginative dunces who graduate from this hellhole.

Also, ignore any of these words if you're a STEM student on a full scholarship. Then this place is pretty gud not gonna lie.