Aboriginal Australians diverged from the rest of humanity 50000-100000 years ago. Politics aside...

Aboriginal Australians diverged from the rest of humanity 50000-100000 years ago. Politics aside, are they really modern humans or are they living fossils of a sort?

Other urls found in this thread:

researchgate.net/publication/226651711_Estimating_Cognitive_Gaps_Between_Indigenous_and_Non-Indigenous_Australians
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoteny_in_humans#Between_races.2C_ethnicities_and_among_primates
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I would consider them a sub-species that borders on new species. But with anything involving the Homo genus, its more politics than science.

Don't they have 5% Denisovan DNA? That's a lot.

Clearly they have retained basal characteristics. Whether that extends to the brain is something I am not legally permitted to speculate on.

>are they living fossils of a sort?
yup, just like some species on the Galapagos islands are and for the same reason

Are they born old? I've never seen a photo of one appearing under 62? What genetic advantage could this have to become such a strong trait?

dɯnq

That depends om whether or not they can have children with, say, Europeans, and these children again have children of their own. In that case they still belong to the same species.

Aussies are the result of Anglo and Abo mixing (only a drunk brit could fuck these).

That's a fairly narrow definition. Are donkeys and horses the same species?

Fertile offspring isn't the be all and end all of what defines a species.

It is the shame of our land.

Taxonomically speaking they are definitely among the most archaic looking sapiens probably only surpassed by some groups in Africa, similar to the early sapiens forms and have progressed very little racially speaking.
Genetically speaking, with just two archaic hominins sampled(Altai Neanderthal and Denisovan) they have already been shown to have very high archaic introgression compared to other humans(apparently they possibly also have some admixture from some proto-sapiens from an early OOA).
Interesting bunch, should be preserved and left to their own devices.

Agreed, we should stop spoiling them with 'European' genetics.

>taxonomy with my eyes
Good job :)

>aboriginal thread
ok

Only study I've seen on their intelligence.
>researchgate.net/publication/226651711_Estimating_Cognitive_Gaps_Between_Indigenous_and_Non-Indigenous_Australians

summarizing(for those that won't open the link and look at the tables)

gap at 4-5 yo : 0.4 SD
gap at 8-12 yo: ~ 1 SD
gap at 14-15 yo: ~ 0.6 SD
gap at 15-16 yo: ~0.8 SD

Here's a quote from the conclusion
>Not all of the test score gap between Indigenous and non-Indigenous children should
be regarded as being causal. On the PPVT (a test of language skills), about two-thirds
of the racial test score gap appears to be due to differences in socio-economic factors.
On the WAI test (a test of school readiness), about one-third of the racial gap is due to
differences in socio-economic factors. From a social policy perspective, this implies
that policies to improve incomes and parental education may partly close the
Indigenous/non-Indigenous test score gap, but are unlikely to bring Indigenous
children’s test scores up to parity with non-Indigenous children.

tl;dr
their real IQ isn't 61 or whatever
that puts a lot of things in perspective
here's a girl holding.. some things

about the advantage
I'd say it could have been genetic drift when small numbers of groups migrated
caucasians are very gerontomorphic too, much more than asians and africans - is why it's hard to tell the age of asians and africans
waaay back in the day some euro colonizers thought some aboriginals are caucasoid because of that and because of their straight hair

neanderthals were even more gerontomorphic, but they are a totally different story

Mules aren't fertile. Well, at least the males anyway.

No.
Most "aboriginals" are a european-aboriginal mix. Most of the non-mixed are old people, that's why you see so many, as there aren't many non-mixed.

>That's a fairly narrow definition.
not narrow but specific. you want a more fluffy one?

>caucasians are very gerontomorphic too
Big variations here. North Europeans age gracefully and linearly while South Europeans appear to go off a cliff.

>caucasians are very gerontomorphic too, much more than asians and africans
Interesting. Wikipedia's overview at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoteny_in_humans#Between_races.2C_ethnicities_and_among_primates is full of disclaimers about how this is outmoded research, but it seems to agree with you. Which to me is weird, because if somebody had asked me before who was more gerontomorphic, Europeans or Africans, I would have had a hard time answering because both groups vary a lot.

>their real IQ is 61
>yfw Western governments across the world piss away money by throwing it at these people with intentions of correcting this issue
>61 IQ is arguably too low to become a garbage man

has science gone too far?

>Which to me is weird, because if somebody had asked me before who was more gerontomorphic, Europeans or Africans, I would have had a hard time answering because both groups vary a lot.

Probably because there are many distinct ethnic groups who have historically lived in Africa and Europe.

Nigga who do you think has been interacting and fucking them for centuries now?

It sure as hell isn't the Asians or Blacks and honestly I'm not sure I've heard of a single instance where an Asian or Black has had children with them.

It's mostly been Europeans or possibly close by Polynesians.

Not far enough. Human genetic engineering would help Western governments achieve their humanitarian goals.

Their IQ is 85 at the lowest.

He said their IQ isn't 61.

They have ridiculously high visual spatial intelligence, they are excellent trackers and were used during WWII to track planes at night, obviously anthropologists who studied this chalked it up to aboriginal child rearing techniques but it's obviously genetic. They're pretty dumb in other areas but they shouldn't be dehumanized or anything.

theyve been evolving as long as anyone else. maybe theyre not as blood thirsty and conniving as other races because they didn't need to be to survive, so they didn't have to be as clever and invent guns and stuff.

But they're more in touch with the 5th dimensional noosphere than other races. So subconsciously they can sense your aura and condemn your soul to the warp while you're sleeping if you piss them off too much.

Or something along those lines...

He said ISNT you dumbo

Are you nazi-baiting? Pure northern europeans have very harsh, gerontomorphic features. You probably thinking of those nords mixed with saamis which are mongloids after all.

>Are you nazi-baiting?
No. I am not sure how you even can think so since I was discussing two European groups.

>gerontomorphic features
That is you baiting, then?

>those nords mixed with saamis which are mongloids after all
More low grade bait.

Africans have higher bone density and bigger bones in general than europeans but their bone structure is definitely more neotenous.

>n-no you
Ok, you're baiting. Bye, come back when you want actual discussion.

B-b-b-but
OK, you are losing. Bye and please do not come back.

Rubbish definition, some dog breeds can reproduce in that way with wolves and can breed with other dog types that cannot breed with wolves.

they discovered America
lol they smarter than white pigs

>posting while Veeky Forums-high