Why do so many normies idolize this faggot?

Why do so many normies idolize this faggot?

>muh electric cars
Literally couldn't produce quality made vehicles at affordable prices. Lets also note the fact that electric cars are just not enviornmentally friendly as they claim they are when it comes to manufacturing
>muh hyperloop
A idea he dumped on those who want to suck his dick, only to provide very shitty test results and ignoring some basic understanding of vacuums.
>muh 3-d tunnels
>Showing his autism in wanting to dig tunnels for car's car.

Why is society being cucked by this man? All he did was manage to suck tax dollars and get rockets to land after use.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_private_spaceflight_companies
businessinsider.com/elon-musk-always-depended-government-money-up-front-about-it-2015-6
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

B-but he landed a rocket... in the sea...

He is one of the few people that are trying to push technology to do great things.

I find the praise he gets annoying too, but I also give the man his due credit. He has a rare combination of business sense and technical sense.

This, while a great achievement, has sold his ideas and views to idiots out there. Anyone with enough time and money could of done this as well but its ridiculous this man is given credit for those he hired to make it an accomplishment

Well this is true that he has shown great interest, I find it now that he trying to pull out anything out of his ass to just generate more hype for his business instead of making any real progress. All he has been doing is combing old tech.

See, that last thing you mentioned is not an insignificant achievement. The man commercialized electric cars. What you're complaining about, how expensive they are is, to many, overshadowed by the fact they even exist. He's hit-or-miss, but who could fault him for reinvesting a tremendous fortune for the lofty prospects of advancing fucking space technology? I don't see a lot of other billionaires giving that much of a shit. The layman will appreciate him more for what he aims to do, what he promotes, than what he may accomplish. To many he's an inspiration. Meanwhile you're complaining on a Taiwanese Terrace Farming Forum because you're worried about what "normies" think.

>Anyone with enough time and money could of done this
There aren't many private companies in the world capable of designing, building, and launching their own rockets. Yeah, anyone can do this, but who else has?

>Space X is the only company interested in advancing space technologies.
He not the only one to do so. There is also many that are investing in just more than rocket landings as well in the fields.

When it comes to electric vehicles there are plenty of other companies that are working on it and producing meaningful and quality results compared to what he is offering, such as the Chevy Bolt. Tesla is Apple tier shit.

Look up private space companies.

>Look up private space companies.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_private_spaceflight_companies
I did. Space X was the first private company to build a liquid fuel rocket in 2008. Other companies have come along since then, but not many.

>Tesla is Apple tier shit.
That may be true. Remember Bill Gates? He didn't have great technology, but he was a cut throat businessman, and frankly that matters a great deal. Superior technology has often been eschewed by better marketing and popularization. Not many engineers or scientists have that mentality. Most just want to work on their project in the lab, or have a niche startup and hope to survive.

>first private company to build a liquid fuel rocket in 2008
Hmmm nah buddy. They are not the first, there has been other companies that build launch vehicles for the government before Space X.

He's accomplished more than you ever will.

>for the government
this is important. this is the point I was making. other companies developed launch systems with heavy government funding.

businessinsider.com/elon-musk-always-depended-government-money-up-front-about-it-2015-6

Yet he has been receiving government funding through it all.

I always feel like he's just a martian disguised as a human and is forcing all of us to pay for his plane ticket back home.
fucking space niggers

>Space nigger welfaring his way home

Lol

actually kekd. good job

>quality made vehicles at affordable prices

No one can. Because quality made vehicles can not be sold at affordable prices. Why? Because they are quality made you fucking brainlet.

>Paying 80+ thousand for a vehicle with noticeable manufacturing defects.

No, it is you who is the brainlet.

>Literally couldn't produce quality made vehicles at affordable prices
WHAT ARE ECONOMIES OF SCALE?

>electric cars are just not enviornmentally friendly as they claim they are when it comes to manufacturing

First of all you are just speculating, since you don't know how those cars are manufactured. Second, is Tesla the only manufactured car? Are ICE cars created through magic, or how? Third, you are just a smug, smog loving envious fagot. KYS piggot (piggot = pig + faggot)

kek

The cars are manufactured like any other car and that's the point. Making car produces a lot more CO2 than using a car.

And the problem with "green" cars is that every new wave of them makes the middle and upperclass hippie faggots to dump their car they got 2 years ago and buy the new even friendlier one that produces 0.0001% less waste.

Well, news flash, it would be a million times more green if you just kept your old car because getting a new one means that on your name there is a production of CO2 of scales you couldn't even imagine, just to make your new car. Even if you used that new green car for 100 years you wouldn't offset the extra CO2 you pumped into the air by demanding a brand new shiny car.

>inb4 well even if I had not bought it it would still have been made

Nope because these hipster cars are pre-order and even if they weren't if no one was buying the glorified adult-toys then after the first wave, they would disappear. Thanks for contributing more to climate change than every other person in this board combined.

*space niggas

WE

Forced meme

What I don't understand is why normies defer to him on anything science related. Sure I respect his work and business, but if I want an opinion on the feasibility of science I'm going to trust actual fucking scientists not a ceo.

it's one of those signs that shows you someone is a popsci brainlet and not actually interested in science

>Why do so many normies idolize this faggot?

reusable rockets is not reason enough?

sure he has some crazy ideas but he is also revolutionizing space launch industry, so idolize away

>Not idolizing the CEO of ULA who is an Engineer and plans to grow an economy between the moon and earth that can grow to $500 Billion a year in 5 years.

society needs a dreamer to churn grads even at the cost of transhumanistic paypal mafia

>he thinks people buy electric cars because CO2

ICE cars are harmful to our health, while electrics are not, because they don't produce smog, or nano particles of the nastiest cancer inducing chemicals.

Also KEK at your "manufacturing a car produces more CO2 then if you run it for 100 years". I didn't know you need the total energy output of a nuclear power plant for a month, just to produce a car. DO you really think this board is full of idiots, who would believe such a thing ?

And buying a car built like a tank, with better performance than all other cars in its class, and super cheap to run, is not a hipster thing. It's something that a responsible person does.

The only adult toys are ICE cars, which is easy to see, since most people who preach about them, love that they "sound cool man", or love working on them daily because they are such overcomplicated machines that break down a lot. They're nothing more than a time waster adult toy.

I rather have a car that has real power, works the same at all altitudes, doesn't produce noise, doesn't produce exhaust fumes, is simpler to maintain, has better stability because of possibility of multiple motors instead of just one giant engine and tons of complicated linkage, and runs on electricity witch is the cheapest form of energy.

You can buy whatever you want, if you like spending money on old and expensive technology. But hey, at least you are "cool" when you rev the engine. And you have the audacity to call other people hipster.

Celebrity worship is deeply ingrained in US culture.

>electric cars are just not enviornmentally friendly as they claim
true, but better than internal combustion vehicles by a longshot

>Not buying a old car and converting it electric yourself.
>Cause more emissions in the development of new cars.

If you don't plan on taking a shit box +70, aerodynamics are pretty much redundant to consider.

>tesla has never made any money
>by the time it's profitable the older car manufacturers will have more or less caught up

Tesla will probably continue existing as an extremely expensive rich people's car, but there's no way it'll ever get anyway near even. Based Elon is fooling venture memesters into funding the electric revolution with no return

Don't worry OP, Amber is going to take care of him.

>Based Elon is fooling venture memesters into funding the electric revolution with no return
This is his plan.He don't want to become the next Ford just speed up the electric car revolution.

Elon Musk invented solar power and is the first man to launch his ego to orbit and successfully land it

Say what you will user, but landing a rocket and reusing it is one of the biggest leaps forward in our spaceflight capabilities that you will ever see. That alone is worth some respect.

he says he's going to do something and then does it

he was bullied by his father and by "youths", and found refuge in programming and science

he's also quite humble and charming, but the arrogance that comes through merely compounds the sense that one is viewing somebody authentic.

space niggers

>Why do so many normies idolize this faggot?

The real question is why do so many faggots hate someone they don't know or won't meet personally?

>muh taxes

Oh boy, if you think that someone playing space cadet with a few million is a problem then you are extremely naive about what your tax dollars are being used.

How old are you? 18-22?

>the first man to launch his ego to orbit and successfully land it

This made my morning.

I wish he would invest in food and fix the food industry.
I'm still hoping for a better meal replacement. Soylent doesn't taste good and a solid version is necessary because of jaw atrophy from the lack of chewing, Elon should fix this.

The cacao version is pretty good. You can chew gum to move your jaw.

Because he puts tons of fucking money into progress.

Not many people do that.

The answer comes from each one of us. For starts, i know that i am not doing nearly as much as he was doing by my age. He got the balls to do it(not actually himself, but you get the ideia), while we only dream about it and comment on his work

He has already made space launch cheaper by fucking over ULA. Oh and he pushed for rocket reuse and got it.

The hype is real.