Is he /our guy/?

Is he /our guy/?

>psychology
>/our guy/ on Veeky Forums
Nice thread

None of you brainlet know who he is.

He isn't even psychology's guy

>basing all of your psychological theories on a sample group that consists almost entirely of wealthy neurotic jews

He's the guy who coined the first generation of the ambiguous and interchangeable terminology that psychologists use to frame their philosophical assumptions when they appeal to the gullible. Except he used it to try to convince the world that his sexual hangups were the world's.

Essentially, he designed a terminological engine of confirmation bias. Piss off, troll. You can't compete here.

why there is still no psychology board where we can discuss mental health, psychoanalysis and mbti? Where should i make psychology threads? Maybe on INTERNATIONAL RANDOM?

Veeky Forums -literature and philosophy

Because make no mistake, psychology is philosophy framed with statistics.

Nope, but that bring us to another question:

Who's really /our guy/ here, in Veeky Forums?

This, go to Veeky Forums if you want to traverse the reality-removed, academic trappings. Cognitive Science on the other hand, can be readily discussed here.

Bill Nye, of course.

>Discussions about Freud and his ideas belong to the following places

He thought all men wanted to kill their father to fuck their mother.

His theories of psychology has long since been debunked, but he was the pioneer of recognising mental illnesses as something which could be described and treated, for which he deserves some respect.

He was hardly the first on that.

Noone knows that he was actually a psychiatrist and neuroscientist first. Checkmate brainlets. Also his first name was literally Schlomo and then he changed it. Fucking jews.

desu this
Nothing against psychology itself, just want also a board specifically for it

/psy/ when?

The same reason there is no astrology board.

Because no one talks about it?
Nope, in this case I even see lots of mbti threads

Dumb shit goes on and

>psychology
>dumb shit
I could understand astrology because there is literally no evidence at all nor any real study, but psycho has studies behind it, it's just "psychoanaylists" seeing too much in your behaviour that makes it look like a meme instead of understanding basic empathy

I'm relatively new to Veeky Forums, and the thing that puzzles me the most is the hate psychology gets for some reason. Anybody care to explain why?

Because evidence of some psychology is pretty shaky and most theories are very far-fetched.

Also as said, most people who work in this field see too much into patient behaviours and calls mental diseases stuff that are actually very basic human behaviour

Then you have things like MBTI/16 personalities that keeps being used even if its predictive power is basically lower than 33% or something and some companies ACTUALLY USE THEM to decide your career future

... or most of Veeky Forums is just mad at online IQ tests telling them they are dumb/too smart but not ever achieving anything

...or diagnosed autists who are trying to discredit the validity of their results

Well, you get the point anyway

>Because evidence of some psychology is pretty shaky and most theories are very far-fetched.

Not true. It is the same as any other social science there is. If psychology is not a science then anything except physics and chemistry is not a science.

>most people who work in this field see too much into patient behaviours and calls mental diseases stuff that are actually very basic human behaviour

You are making shit up. Psychoanalysis is not psychology but a therapy based on paradigm of psyche. Psychologists who specialize in diagnosing are working with either kids (IQ, learning disability and all the lighter diagnoses) or clinical psychologists who work with psychiatrists. Many psychotherapist dont even diagnose you. There are too many fields to just generalize it.

>Then you have things like MBTI/16 personalities that keeps being used even if its predictive power is basically lower than 33% or something and some companies ACTUALLY USE THEM to decide your career future

They dont use them like ever. I never seen anyone administrate it. The only time I see it mentioned is for fun or "it exists so lets see how Jung theories and models were applied to tests". Also noone is deciding your career future. They can only make recommendations at most by giving you personality tests, map your hobbies and grades and such and then give you some career tests but they also consider your answers you give them (if its not group administrated). But this is a work of school psychologists or educational, career oriented.

Psychology has too many fields and you are just blending it all into one. Your argument is the same as if I said that biology is one discipline and use example of a dentist to prove my point.

The only psychology that should matter is the one which attaches its studies to the brain because science cannot study an immaterial concept like "the Mind"