Wisdom teeth

Got BOTH inferior wisdom teeth growing horizontally. Scratch that. Fully grown, but pushing forward a bit. Doctors said I have a 30% chance of losing sensibility in lips if I agree to get operated. What do? I heard it's pretty dangerous to keep them, but also to remove them.

Is this an evolutionary fuckup?

Yes, but so is the fact that we eat through the same hole we breath through, and thus choke to death from time to time, and then some dickhead decided it'd be a good idea to run our eustachian tubes through our nose to our ears so we get ear head splitting ear aches every other time we get sick (why does mucus go out that way anyway?)... and don't get me started on how vulnerable this spine is and that whole needing to sleep near half the day away, this delicate endocrine system that just piles on fat if you just get it slightly out of whack, yet craves carbs like nothing else regardless of your activity level, and all these joints wearing out... And aging in general.

Basically, if it doesn't stop you from breeding, or involves fundamental structural changes, it ain't getting fixed by nature anytime soon.

Put it on the checklist of things to fix when we start CRISPR'ing our babies.

Wisdom tooth extraction is a huge scam.

Are they causing pain? Making it difficult to eat?

I had that done without any problems - but I dun think the doc warned me of 30% of nuttin. They were impacted enough that they full on knocked me out though.

That said, I've read that it often isn't required, often done as a preventative measure. It depends on the situation though. In my case it was pretty bad - they'd already cased two molars to crack and an abscess - so on top of the tooth removal I had to get some implants done. Sadly, they did not knock me out for that bit.

Get a second opinion about the 30% chance of losing sensibility in lips. I had one of my wisdom teeth groving horizontally and the doctor only said that the operation can couse my lips to be numb for a few months (but event that didn't happend)

I also had to make a micro computer tomography of my teeth to extract it safly (becouse of the close proximity of a nerve system and artery, but the operation was considerd safe). Maybe your doctor just sucks at what he do?

Monitoring thread.

Mine are also completely horizontal, my dentist keeps bugging me to get them removed, but I dint want to get some useless operation if they arnt bothering me

Second opinion said let it grow, but I heard that if it gets infected it will seriously fuck your shit up.
Only thing it's doing is making my gums bleed because it's trying to push, but no other problems.
They said it's touching the nerve and it could be dangerous to pull it out, but won't leaving it there be dangerous for the nerve as well?

Then don't. Dentists have been telling me for the last 25 years that if I didn't have my wisdom teeth extracted RIGHT THE FUCK THEN, they would crowd my other teeth, cause cavities, damage my nerves, crash the stock market, punch a hole in the ozone and possibly end life on Earth as we know it. Of course, when I didn't have dental insurance they just said "Nah, looks good. We'll wait and see.".

My wife does billing for a rural health clinic that has two dentists on staff. They do about 20 wisdom tooth extractions per month out of a patient load of 400+. Even the dentists there will say that elective wisdom tooth extractions are a scam.

> if it gets infected

Antibiotics are a thing now. If your shit gets infected, get medicine and then the surgery.

On the other hand, my father has all wisdom teeth and they grew exactly like mine.
Motherfuckers caused 4 small cavities though. I've never had a cavity in my whole life until now and keep my higiene the same.

No, it's intelligent design.

>They said it's touching the nerve
Based on a X-ray or micro CT? a X-ray is a 2D image and it can look as if it is touching the nerve but in reality it could not be touching it.

Both. Did X first.

It's because of modern diet not requiring using your jaw so it grows crooked.

I have five wisdom teeth and they erupted properly and fit in my mouth

get on my level

this, but I have 8 of them, you casual

I have "Horizontal Impaction" from that image. The dentist said not to bother with them since they are below the gum line and not moving since I'm an adult. Mesial drift won't affect them either because I'm not using them to chew with.

Wisdom teeth exist because you need extra teeth when you lose other teeth. Those plus mesial drift help ensure you have teeth more towards the front of your mouth.

I had my uppers removed because they were partially above the gum line and couldn't be cleaned properly. They got infected and were removed. Otherwise, I agree with you. though, some people have small mouths and wisdom teeth can really jam them up.

Story of my life right there. I found that they caused more cavities than anything. I stopped going. My mouth hasn't felt better than it does right now.

Well that sucks then. Sorry to hear that.

Evolution did me wrong in all sorts of ways, but I only had one wisdom tooth and it was smaller and posed no threat.

Evolution is about survival of the fittest.
Not about you.

Impacted wisdom teeth only occur in developmentally stunted jawlines.

I had that too so I had to have 4 wisdom teeth removed
So now you might also have to go to them specialty "dauntists" and have them deal with it
It bled for days afterward and I couldn't eat properly for a week each time but I didn't feel it much since I got sedated and stuff
I think its better to go through with it sooner than later, when I first noticed it I kinda just felt it had to be done and they weren't really talking about allowing it to stay like that, they were all like "yeah that's gonna have to come out"
Afterward I started thinking if maybe it was related to what we eat and drink, like cowmilk and things like that, like have any studies been done that its more likely to be sideways if more of this or that was eaten in a lifestyle before that?

you can keep them but yeah, I've heard those stories of infection happening and entering the bloodstream and killing people. I'd say get them removed if your insurance covers it, that way you won't have to worry about them causing pain or bad breath.
Luckily my wisdoms were pretty straight and easy to remove, took literally like 10 minutes to remove all four of them-- I had more pain getting my cavities filled than those teeth getting pulled

Problem is I'm actually 28. Wisdom teeth JUST started poking around, but they're fully grown already according to the docs. Weird shit.

it's a good excuse to get prescribed opiates though

>tfw having all wisdom teeth intact without any problems

thank your ancestors for race mixing and giving you fucked up teeth.

Sounds like you're just projecting your own problems there, bby.

I have blond hair and blue eyes and skin so white that I get burned by 10 seconds of sunlight

i think eating has to do something with it.
but i think it has to do more with the consistency of our food

has many threads on mouth devoplement like impact of mouthbreathing
and i remember something about that kids need braces because the eat soft foods,
and that the mouth needs the force from chewing hard food to develop straight teeth growth.

the same could apply to wisdom teeth

maybe make a new thread on Veeky Forums you will probably get many replies but be cautious some opinions are just brosience

My wisdom teeth came in with no impaction, am I a member of the master race?

I'm white btw

FACT: FILIPINOS ARE THE MOST POWER RACE IN THE WORLD

mine came in perfectly lmao @ your inferior genes

My dentist specifically told me NOT to get my wisdom teeth removed unless they start to cause pain.

If they aren't causing any problem why would you want to have minor oral surgery performed on you for no reason?

Weird, I had literally the exact opposite. No insurance, it was "oh my god, these are definitely impacted even if the x-rays don't look like it, we need them out before they grow into your brain and take over your body". Then I got a job that provided dental, and suddenly they don't care and I can wait and see. It's good insurance, and they're in the network for it.

Agreed. I refused to have mine out. Recently I lost a back molar, and the apposite wisdom tooth has descended to replace it. Me=1 Dentists=0

This is easy.

Just wait until they start bothering you. Then remove them. If they never bother you, don't worry. Stuff that happens with them happens very slowly. For infections, localized pain and swelling occur long before anything really bad happens. Thus, it is really easy to know if you need them removed.

DO FUCKING NOT let these kikes take your teeth.

I have an impacted one, and aside from occasional pain, they're all coming in normally. My dentist started shitting bricks about them when he first saw my x-ray over four years ago, and they still aren't even close to fully erupted. I make it clear each time he brought up extraction that the discussion was over, and it took years, but eventually I broke him. He doesn't even ask about them anymore when I go in for cleanings. I use the thinnest floss picks available to clean around them. If I can save even one person in this thread from this foolhardy procedure, this post will be worth it.

Well, then this post is worth it (Lurker, not OP)

Daily reminder if all your 4 wisdom teeth haven't grown naturally on their own, you are total chinlet.

Sure it gets pushed too much and makes people a lot of money, but to say that it's some sort of needless procedure is exaggerating. Speaking of, I have to take some infection pills that my wisdom teeth caused right about now.

Listen here!

It is all about Maxilla and your maxilla is trash. Look up Dr. Johm mew on youtube, he is god among gods.
He will explain how to correct you mouth posture and how to NOT be a mouth breather

there wouldn't be infection if you had a clean mouth, faggot

I'm in my fucking 30s

when do my wisom teeth come in?

When you lose your virginity

Actually that's the evolutionary justification. When people didn't have the materials to clean their teeth regularly, wisdom teeth would fill in for the rotten teeth that fell out. It turned out that people who grew these teeth lived longer since they could eat more types of food.

>Wisdom teeth exist because you need extra teeth when you lose other teeth.

Wisdom teeth exist as vestigial features since the human jaw has evolved to be smaller over time but it takes longer to evolve out of the growth of those extra teeth.