The face of science in 2017

How the fuck was this allowed to happen? You fuckers are supposed to be so much better than this.

Apparently you're not...

Other urls found in this thread:

journalofpsychiatricresearch.com/article/S0022-3956(10)00158-5/fulltext
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because actual scientists don't care who brainlets consider 'the face of science'

What does anyone here have to do with bill nye becoming the face of sjw science? We didnt give him that show OP.

I get the whole Bill Nye part, but he's just eating a sandwich here. You think great scientific minds don't eat sandwiches?

He's not eating it. The cockholster is giving it a blowjob. He identifies as a sandwich.

>The face of science
It's not and everyone knows it. Why do you keep pretending like it is with these retarded threads?

He was always a media monkey. Desperately calling youself "the science guy" doesn't make you a science guy just like calling yourself a male don't make you a male or magically grow a penis.

If someone starts quoting Nye or Black Science Guy or Consensus, it's an immediate giveaway that they are a brainlet or mere science fan and talking to them will lower your IQ as they regurgitate the latest popsci. Actual science will never be trendy and mainstream as it requires people to actually do work. Nye is doing you a service by helping you know who to avoid.

>just like calling yourself a male don't make you a male or magically grow a penis.

Science isn't just one institution. Science isn't a religious organization that has a pope figure.

You're just looking for things to be angry about instead of actually learning something.

YES WE DO.
SCIENCE IS A DELICATE BEAST. ONE FAILED SLIP UP AND THE NORMIES WILL BE AT OUR DOOR LIKE THE SALEM FUCKING WITCH TRIALS! FIX IT BEFORE NOW!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Real talk now. Obviously the SJW stuff was pandering and lame. But what does science say about gender? Can anyone link some papers on it?

Science officially dictates that gender for males is XY chromozone composition and XY for females. However when you begin altering DNA through genetic engineering or natural cell error because humans can get radiation and stuff from their surroundings or be born with a purely unlucky damaged parent whos cell failed to make them stable DNA then you can have XO XX XY XXY XXXY etc or even things in between. Most of the others cannot reproduce though.

XX for females***

That's biological sex. Not gender.

If you think there is a difference between the two, that's subjective and impossible to prove with "hard" science. It can only be answered by the study of psychology, so when reading papers and discussions about it you need to tread carefully. Don't rush to any conclusions without considering all the evidence, and make sure that evidence is backed up by scientific methods.

No shit. I'm asking for these papers.

Faggot crossboarders

This is a science and math board. Nobody here is going to have any psychology papers for you to read. Find them yourself.

This. We've been lucky to have good PR over the last 2 centuries, but there's no reason to think that will last.

Psychology and neuroscience are sciences you massive pleb.

You've clearly come down on one side of the argument yet you don't have any evidence to support your view...shameful.

HURRY FAGGOT WHAT ARE THE NORMIES INTO THESE DAYS?!
WHAT DO THEY WANT?! DO THEY WANT V.R?! FLOATING CITIES?! SHIT SHIT SHIT I CAN FEEL THEM KNOCKING AT OUR DOORS LIKE THE FUCKING INQUISITION ALREADY!

SPARE US CHAD
WE ONLY WANTED TO MEME

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

we could do this based on hard science and arbitrarily define everyone as male or female then allow all other variations to be considered separately (but even they would be considered male or female biologically)

Neuroscience may be, but psychology is not. Just because it can be useful in every day life doesn't make it a science. Just because it has a big book full of technical definitions doesn't make it a science. Show me the physical evidence for gender, and I will accept it. Using studies with truly minuscule sample sizes does not make it a science any more than medicine is a science.

You realize that wanting to fuck your own mother is a theorem in psychology right? Even after it was completely debunked and shown that Freud is a fraud scientifically, it is still widely taught. Thats some women studies level shit right there.

These some pretty compelling research that suggest transgender peoples brain anatomy is closer to that of their identified gender than their biological sex. There's not a lot of research but from what I could gather the results of what we have is pretty conclusive.

One of the more prominent examples:
journalofpsychiatricresearch.com/article/S0022-3956(10)00158-5/fulltext

These journals accept anything. But if brain anatomy dictates gender than that opens up a whole new can of worms for SJWs.

Literally the biggest hoaxes in psychology right now are the two most misdiagnosed disorders in history.
>Autism
Someone has trouble socializing? It's Autism, nothing else.
>Schizophrenia
Hearing random shit that might actually be real but you're not sure? Think that the Earth is flat (which is true). Then you're psychotic. Take your pills that fuck you up more than anything.
Sadly I got diagnosed with both. Psychology is a scam that is not grounded in science and uses stone age simple-minded reasoning for why people act the way they do. You should take whatever a psychiatrist says with a grain of salt and just pretend to act normal because they can't tell if someone is faking from the MK-Ultra brain waves they get coming out of their radio and they're TV. Their education literally relies on raising their hand during class for extra points. It is fucking bullshit and should be stopped.

I DUN WANNA GO BACK TO THE DARK PLACE
NOT TO THE DARK PLACE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYAAAAAAGH

Are you a scientologist, or just an ordinary run of the mill dumbass?

Sorry for falling for the bait, guys, but I genuinely want to know. Maybe he's serious.

he's psychotic
welcome to the internet newfriend

Wouldn't SJWs hate this tho? If you can empirically determine the gender identity of a person, SJWs would go batshit crazy because it wouldn't be determined by their feelings.

yeah that's why it shouldn't be gender but "sexual identity"
like, you get to choose your "sexual identity" but your sex and gender are empirically determined

Thanks. I sense that you are the only actual scientist in this thread.

I wish you could sit in a smarter persons shoes for a day and read your own posts. I'll break down for you why you're stupid.

>Just because it can be useful in every day life doesn't make it a science. Just because it has a big book full of technical definitions doesn't make it a science.
Nobody has ever said this.

>Show me the physical evidence for gender
>physical evidence
This term is never used in science, unless you're some sort of forensic scientist.
Here is some evidence however >Using studies with truly minuscule sample sizes does not make it a science any more than medicine is a science.
You clearly know nothing about regression analysis and p-values.

>realize that wanting to fuck your own mother is a theorem in psychology right
You've butchered the theory by describing it like that and yes everyone knows the theorized Oedipus complex.

>it is still widely taught
No it's not. It's taught as a point of reference and psychoanalysis is taught because it seems to work even without theoretical underpinnings.

If that were true then it would strengthen the claim that there are only two genders and that men and women have mental differences. In other words it would completely go against their egalitarian agenda.

I don't even get it. I mean they can't even define what "gender" is. By saying it's someone's identity, they are basically just saying "gender is whatever you want to be". It's not a hard definition, they're putting it all on self-identity so it seems useless for any scientific purpose.

even worse, they claim that you are born with your gender. They think "whatever you want to be" identity is assigned at birth by genes. These people are fucking retarded.

gender and sex used to be synonymous but the word but the word "gender" was twisted and bastardized by (((their))) agenda when (((they))) could have just as well left the english language alone and called it "sexual identity" or something to that effect

I hope you realise that by using the (((echo))) you immediately signal to everyone that you're retarded, a schizo or at least suffer from mild apophenia.

>(((echo)))
go back to wherever (((you))) came from

>The face of science is an Engineer

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Prove that Kevin Macdonald is wrong in his book "Culture of Critique"

Weren't you just trying to discredit the whole field of psychology a second ago?

I'm a PhD in theoretical physics I don't have the credentials to assess a book of psychology. Steven Pinkers critique seems pretty cohesive though, I suggest you read that.

If I was psychotic, I wouldn't be able to have a spoon held up in front of me and see it. It would disappear right in front of my eyes. But so far I can see the spoon. And if I was psychotic. I would believe in gullible stuff like the education system is using conditioning tactics to fuel the start of white genocide and the pursuit of a monogamous, libertarian communism state which combines the worst of the alt-right and sjw combined. It's like you can't even use the restroom now because bathrooms will be combined to one gender. Or they could have 3 bathrooms with one being trans but then they wouldn't have to leave the other genders out. So I guess those aluminum sinks were fucking worth it huh? I guess they can be used outside of cans and electricity. Which burns your house down extremely fast. My high school math teacher talked to me about that and new it wasn't a good idea. It is basic electrical engineering after all.

You're calling someone a pleb when you're too fucking lazy to do your own research. It's not that goddamned hard. Maybe you can make your own PopSciFinder if you want.