en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunway_TaihuLight
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENIAC
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>wat do.
make a quantum computer?

They cheat by rounding .999 to 1.

>They cheat
Of course they do, they're Chinese.

There is zero chance China makes a quantum computer before the NSA already has a classified farm of them.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunway_TaihuLight
Is the fastest computer, it's in China.

AND it runs linux.

linuxmasterrace.jpg

It's not the 1st QC but it's more advanced than what's been engineered thus far, from what I can read online.

How the fuck is China creating the "first" quantum computer today when D-Wave has been selling quantum computers since 2011?

it's the first from china, headlines are confusing

>Aden Fikel
>They really think they created the first quantum computer, if that's why then because the ibm computers are not called the first in the world and they have already proved they were calculating. Very appealing this title

What does this comment under the article mean? I find it more interesting than the article itself

headline:
>24,000 Times Faster Than International Counterparts

article:
>10-100 times faster than the first electronic computer, ENIAC

truth:
>10,000-100,000 times slower than the computer you're reading this on

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENIAC
>The basic machine cycle was 200 microseconds (20 cycles of the 100 kHz clock in the cycling unit), or 5,000 cycles per second for operations on the 10-digit numbers. In one of these cycles, ENIAC could write a number to a register, read a number from a register, or add/subtract two numbers.

>first-quantum-computer

That's because America hasn't been great for a while.

But thankfully now that America is becoming great again, the Oak Ridge Summit Supercomputer will go online next year and be three times as powerful as China's best machine.

>news coming out of China

Suspicious.

>world's first
>faster than the other ones that are not world's first for some odd reason

>it is a blog "news" screenshot thread

GTFO

It's all just fake news, better head to breitbart if you want to get enlightened.

Apparently D wave is only a quantum annular

D-Wave only solves a particular class of problem. A universal quantum computer is programmable to perform different algorithms.

>no proofs
good for them if true.

>first ever
>having counterparts
You can't be faster than something that doesn't exist.

Isn't there supposed to be some sort of exponential growth in computing power the minute quantum computing is invented? Shouldn't Skynet be online by now?

Nah

It's going to be a while before we get them to a point where they can do anything classically intractable.

>tfw actually planned to become a quantum computerist

>tfw don't even know if I should focus on the physics or the theory

Meh, I welcome developments. My uni has a strong collaboration with the Chinks so it's fine. We even have a fucking campus over there.

It's just like with super intelligent robots: they'll be better, so it's for the best

It doesn't say world's first chinese quantum computer, it says world's first quantum computer

It says "world's first QC made by China", which is technically correct, it is the first QC made in China that the world has ever seen, it's just a really clickbaity way of putting it because it can be so easily interpreted as the very first ever.

It also says 24,000 times faster than international counterparts

>china state computer company makes a computer 3 years after independent western companies

>omg china is so superior because they learned from western countries
china's not yet dynamic enough to adapt to the changing nature of computers. any comptuer that comes out after another computer is by default faster. d-wave is already working on giving that chinese one a good BTFO and it can happen faster than anything a government can do

forgot pic, not that it matters

Classic chinese

if you had prior knowledge of this subject the intentionally deceptive wording would not have deceived you

>dwave
>canadian company based in B.C. canada

their first quantum computer was out in 2007

dwave is not a general quantum computer, it is an annealer which can only solve certain optimisation problems by slowly relaxing a system and measuring its ground state.

Quantum computers are overhyped anyways and wont be useful beyond scientific research for a long time/possibly ever. There are also only like 3 useful algorithms

Redpill me on quantum computers lads. Why are they useful and what will they enable us to do in what time frame?

>Soviets made a dog breed loyal to communism
>Soviets created a talking monkey
>Soviets cured all bacterial diseases with bacteriophages
>China cures all known diseases with acupuncture
>China makes a quantum computer

Now computers will add nothing to society QUANTUMLY.

It works! Bitch!

I literally start punching my legs when I see clickbait.

I guess you don't use the catalog, because that's basically 85% clickbait as well (yeah, I made that number up)

>50/50 chance to return true or false or maybe crash altogether
Quantum computers seem useful alright.

>America reinvents education with common core
>America uses german rocked designs to visit the moon after the russians
>America goes and loses every war
>America creates the most obese population to ever have existed in human history

no it's just an alternative fact

a single quantum computer could play starcraft to at least a billion people at once

Popsci, bullshit.

You do not measure quantum computers by their "speed", but by the quality of their qbits. Unless they state anything about the qbits, because thats the stuff that makes it possible to run the algorithms you want they way they are designed.

If you use a bunch of low quality qbits, then the performance of the algorithms really suffers.

Quantum computers are a meme, fuck off. Get educated before you post such retarded bullshit

>they use it to do fizzbuzz in python

With all that quantum power, they might be able to finally write in haskell