I'm 18 with unlimited motivation and want to work for a biotech company that wants to stop aging. What do I do?

I'm 18 with unlimited motivation and want to work for a biotech company that wants to stop aging. What do I do?

Pic unrelated

go to college and get a degree in biotech if you have unlimited motivation faggot

Sounds too easy desu, Any more advice?

Think about how anti-aging could be attained. Brainstorm some possible ideas, you could provide for the company at interview or something like that. It might increase your chances if your truly interested in stopping aging.

I guess what I'm really asking is what would be the best field to get a degree in?

Nanotech?, Genetics?, Biology?, etc.

In regards to ending aging I mean.

Well to end aging, you would simply need to know how to prevent decay in organisms. So somewhere between biology, chemistry, and possibly genetics. Whichever relates the best to decay would be your best bet.

Biophysics and nanotech would be your best bet imo. Look at the bottom systematically like a machine, energy goes in, energy goes out.

I'm on that path right now user. Finishing up a Biochemistry degree next year.

My program was pretty good. 3 semesters of general Bio, 1 year of Physics, 2 of Chemistry (general and Orgo), 1 year of Biochemistry, at least 1 semester of Physical Chemistry, General Genetics, Cell Biology. You'll probably need up to Calc 2, maybe more if you wanna go heavier into the physics or chemistry.

I feel like this is a pretty good start. Make sure to get Research experience, too. Bother professors doing cool shit you're interested in, and maybe they'll take you in. My mentor taught me a bit about bioinformatics and genetics tools, also got me thinking about some areas of cellular physiology and animal development I hadn't previously considered. Combined it with a bit of evolutionary biology too.

There are fucking heaps of things to tackle on this quest. You don't have to go on any one path, because there's a lot of overlap with and you can make meaningful contributions from many different angles. Good luck.

I'm in a situation where I could save up over 100k by the time I'm 20. Should I do that? Or try to get into school when I'm 19?

You meat worshippers are gross. Just go the physics/CS route and help with the brain mapping and mind uploading side of things. Face it, no matter how good your body is if your brain is crushed you are done.

Holy shit user good for you! I'm serious about this but have nobody who understands to turn to. I would greatly appreciate your guidance. My email is [email protected] we can remain anonymous over email still. I'd just like someone to exchange ideas/educational resources with.

Extending biological life would help ensure that you see that become a reality within your lifetime. There's also the question of whether what you upload is really "you". I mean it sounds like just cloning yourself.

>physics/CS
Those two couldn't be more different from each other.

Apply that unlimited motivation to figuring out how to make your goal possible.

Physics supports making good scanners, CS supports handling the data from the scanners. You scan your brain.

The hard problems are easy and the easy problems are hard. It's not a bad bet that uploading is easier than making a human live to 200. Don't waste time jerking off over philosophy, old ideas about identity are already disintegrating in the light of modern technology.

Working on it user. I'm aware of calico, SENS, etc. I study all relevant subjects using books, crash course (YouTube channel), Khan academy, senescenceinfo.org, MOOCs, etc. And I'm planning on visiting a gerontology event this year.

Also tfw no qt3.14 gf to steal my energy. I'm unstoppable!!!!!

email sent

Molecular biology with some tissue engineering classes

You don't have any idea how this works do you

My nigga same story here

Any advice friend?

>unlimited motivation
>said while posting online while on Veeky Forums

Uh huh.

I have no idea where to start. I've known about this Vietnamese shoemaking images board since before I wanted to help accomplish this.

I work with neurons as part of my comp sci degree. Do what you are good at, it's not a one-man effort.

Also it's hard to aggressively pursue something while being confused. And as I've stayed previously I've already created a sort of homemade online curriculum to enhance my general knowledge which is some proof of my own initiative. I just need to know what to direct all my effort towards.

Study biochem, bioeng or molgen at top uni. Move to china after your PhD

You need a PHd to do that. A PHd will exhaust you unlimited motivation in no time flat

I'm good at forcing myself to do things I don't feel comfortable with e.g.

>work 48-60 hours a week at a factory that requires me to learn how to use New equipment/measuring techniques in a currently daily basis
>take cold showers everyday
>sleep on the floor
>lift
>read non-fiction/study using online resources
>follow strict diet
>never been drunk, high, etc.

Op here, when I say "not comfortable with doing" I'm referring to things that our (or at least my) body doesn't want to do. Mentally, this is what I desire.

>never been drunk, high, etc.
I'm not gonna trust a neuroscientist who hasn't at least considered taking a psychedelic, but to each his own. You've realized the importance of determination, but that doesn't change my advice any, do what you are suited to, it's a multidisciplinary effort, not a one-man marathon of autism.

post your curriculum once you've roughed it out.

Why China? Is it because of less stringent animal/human rights?

>not a one-man marathon of autism
This is Veeky Forums. You are on Veeky Forums.

Thanks for the advice user.

check some anti aging company like sens, they have info for people like you

Right now It's:

>crash course (a YouTube channel) Biology, physics, anatomy, chemistry, physiology, and computer science (I've finished chemistry).
>Khan academy math and previously mentioned subjects.
>essay writing book and MOOC.
>taking online GRE, SAT, and ASVAB tests.
>list of books which I will post a pic of.

I would greatly appreciate any criticisms/book reccomendations anyone can think of.

First book list.

Aging related books

For the record I take notes. I don't just watch/read the material and never touch it again.

Pic related, it's a part of my crash course chemistry notes.

Yes. Also government funding. China is big into this area

Well I know what language I'm learning first. Thanks user.

Also fuggin gommunism

If you're good, you won't have to learn chinese. They import you to HK so you don't really need the language. But say goodbye to your name being relevant in the west. You won't publish anything of importance. Same thing here in material engineering. We get free funding, but can't go public. Director of department chooses what to publish and whose name goes on it. I don't mind, but some people might

Not really an issue in HK, where you're most likely to live. If you don't go to HK, language won't matter anyway because you'll be in lab pretty much 24/7 and everyone in lab speaks english on at least a basic level

Wow! What kind of work are you doing user? Any good progress?

Superconductors. No major breakthroughs, just minor improvements. Only been here for a year, most foreigners here are russians from st petersburg, only one burgerlander- a girl even. Most of us specialized in nano though, so we're kind of out of our comfort zone right now, but challenging work is always mentally rewarding.

I can't believe that OP has unlimited motivation. I thought this was impossible.

Let's calculate his limit. Any expert in Calc I - IV here? We need to calculate the limit of OP's motivation! I WANT TO KNOW IF IT'S UNLIMITED OR NOT! FUCKING SHIT!

We work in axiomatic system where OP's motivation is unlimited.

Qed.

That's so cool! Great attitude too btw.

I love you guys

How did you do This? And are you worried about discrimination?

Some rssian universities have collaborative programmes with china. I got into one as an extracurricular activity after first semester, did my master's as a part of said programme and got offered a position. Negotiated to postpone after my PhD and they agreed.
I am rarely outside of lab, and mostly in my apartment to sleep so i don't have much chance to run into discrimination. Also, i've been mainly in HK where foreigners are pretty common. In lab, there is no discrimination, at least as far as i can tell. Even the american "spy", as we jokingly nicknamed her, is treated with respect from our chinese colleagues. As for discrimination from government, it's not really an issue now, but i've been denied family visits on several occasions. Leaving the position might become an issue, but i'm not concerned with that as of now because, there is still so much work to be done and i've never found myself this challenged. So for the foreseeable future, i will be preocuppied with that. I don't think it's such a big issue- few members of the team left because they were underperforming and they went back to research in their country.

Come to my house naked at 3am and I will tell you how.

How's your pay?

R8 me

Hatred guy / 20

KEK