An interesting 3x3 Matrix function I made up

Its a challenge. Kudos to anyone who finds out how it works

where is the question lul

We did something with each of the numbers, thats what the 2 represents, not to the power of 2

I'm interested if anyone figures out what happened

If the entries of the first matrix are [math](a_{ij}) [/math]and the entries of the second matrix are [math](b_{ij})[/math] then
[eqn]b_{ij} = \sum_{|k-i| + |l-j| \leq 1} a_{kl} [/eqn]

Damn it, I shouldnt of used the term matrix, NO I AM NOT MULTIPLYING THEM THIS IS A TYPE OF MATRIX WITH MANY ROOTS THAT YOU CANT FIND. THATS THE FUCKING POINT

alright captain autism cool your jets. ask stupid questions, get stupid answers.

You take all the surrounding numbers and add them together with the number in the center of them.

Example take th 2 in the middle:
4+4+5+8+2 = 23

Example with the 4 in the middle left:
5+2+3+4 = 14

Correct!
Now could you find the (a) 'root' of:
8 13 13
19 24 17
16 21 13

Whats stupid in what i said? A /r/verysmart person just doesn't know how to read

No! Not the 'Square' , the 'root. As in what came before

Ah my bad. Gimme some time

Good one. What method did you use?

The correct notation was this but I fail to see why you perceive this function as interesting; it doesn't produce any notable patterns or have an obvious relationship with the input. Plus, using the exponent notation is weird since you can actually exponentiate matrices.

I know a way to do it in excel...thats about it

ehhh im a 7th grader in russia- I'm interested in math and we learned about matrixes during algebra, dont really know how shit works but when I showed this to our teacher He said he will include this in our next Special Mathematics lesson Worksheet

If you are interested do some of these, you will need google translate.The first few are pretty easy, 9 B has hard as fuck for me

Solving all of the questions in 1.9 relies on writing each term as something like 1/((3n+1)(3n+4)) then using partial fractions to decompose it into 2-3 fractions, then the sum is telescoping so it is easy to evaluate.

I'd be surprised if this is curriculum, so I take it these questions are from a math contest or a math club?

Bonus homework for high-school students

No this is curriculum. It's a school for 'Gifted' Children (we are actually a bunch of assholes that suck at pretty much everything else). 7th grade is the first year you can try to enter the contest for admission and the contest is 15:1

This is 7th grade material. 9+ is fuck all hard

what is it with you russians and math?

>this is curriculum
>first year you can try to enter the contest
>enter the contest
>the contest
...so it's not curriculum.

I can see that questions 1-8 are very easy. Pretty much every question at 9 and after are basically just comparing series with easier to calculate series (unless you know certain results from calculus or series, such as the fact that the infinite sum of 1/n^2 is pi^2/6, so 1.10 becomes trivial).

Its a contest to enter the school, In said school this is curriculum

So "application test" is a better choice of words.

Is the passing requirement 50%?

Also, not going to lie, if my school had a course teaching finite series, means inconsequential inequalities and math contest type questions I'd be asking pretty quickly why we aren't just learning calculus, linear algebra and some other undergraduate-level fields like all the other mathematically ahead high schools.

No. This an extremely popular school and a lot of people want to study there. 450 people applied, 200 got past the standard part, 100 got past the written part of Special Mathematics and 30 got past the 2 Tests where you were called to a board in front of 30 others (we were split into 3 groups) and had to do weird shit on the go. There is no passing percentage- It all depends on how the others did.

On average it would be over 75% to pass the written parts and 50% for the Oral part

Our teacher is always saying that our End Of Year exam will be EГЭ- the Russian Version Of SAT.I lank Algebra And Special Math, But I suck at geometry...And the exam consists of a lot of geometry

I'm kinda scared that we will be pushed into REALLY studying geometry simply because our school has a reputation of sucking at geom during big competitions, the reason School№2 (Its real name) Usually kickes our asses

being good at geometry is pretty much a meme, but unfortunately is consists of most of math contest-type questions since geometry can ask complicated questions and still only require basic knowledge of trigonometry, so there is technically no reason to get it wrong.