Veeky Forums cannot answer this!

So, can the plane take off? Can it move forwards. Don't give me any "muh mythbusters" bullshit. I want mathematics and equations.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0ul_5DtMLhc
youtube.com/watch?v=YORCk1BN7QY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do you think planes lift off because their landing wheels spin you fucking nigtard?

No. Easy.

it can take off because the engines don't propel the wheels like a car, they push against the air.

No because the plane doesnt move at all so no air gets under the wings etc etc

I wish Veeky Forums had real moderation.

There's like 2 legit science threads on the entire board.

Theres no relative speed with the wind, it cant take off

>latinos post
mexican intellectuals?

Shit. Cancer shit cancer shit cancer. Mods mods mods shit post

Yes.
youtube.com/watch?v=0ul_5DtMLhc

youtube.com/watch?v=YORCk1BN7QY
:P

Sometimes, troll science works.

Depends, can the conveyor belt move fast enough that the friction force in the bearings matches the thrust put out by the turbines? If the answer is yes then the plane wont move. Assuming its not a magical conveyor belt, the plane wouldnt even notice the conveyor belt is there. Airplane wheels arent propelled by anything, they are free spinning wheels with brakes. The turbines move the plane forward completly independent of what the fuck is going on with the wheels.

That is due to the propellers providing their own lift by the air flowing over the wings. Also, they didn't use the rules of OPs image with the treadmill always matching the wheel speed in reverse

Inb4 the fucking blue / yellow dress.

If that was the case, a stationary prop plane should be able to take off with the wheels locked - this is not the case.

Though it is true they are accelerating the conveyor to take off speed.

>posts a bait paradox and laughs when anyone makes a serious attempt to answer.

for fucks sake people this is a bait post

No, but it skimmed across the runway first before taking off, it wasn't truly on the runway the entire time- the lift from the air flow from the propellers over the wings meant that the plane hovered slightly. Then it could go forwards and accelerate until take off.

Let's see the old Mythbusters try it with a jet or rocket plane and see if it works.

The plane in the video moves forward, the point of the treadmill is that it always stays in the same position

My feelings exactly. The more this place becomes inundated with creationists, flat earthers, and other shitposters and morons, the less I bother coming here. Why would anyone with a serious love of science bother?

Imagine the fucking 'plane on a treadmill' in action.
a) Estimate the speed of the wheels at take-off.
b) Compare the radial accelerations.
c) Will the tires survive? Find out.
Bonus question:
How would you control the treadmill?
Can you use the wheel speedometer?

Imagine the plane takes off in this hypothetical situation. It's not going to be moving forward through the air so what the fuck does it do now. It crashes.

Depends

If you use white science, then if the airspeed exceeds stall speed then yes

It you use new bill nye science it would depend on the gender, race and sex and oppresion level of the airplane.