Twice as cold

Is 1° Celsius "twice as cold" as 2° Celsius?
What about 14° C and 7° C?

Lets say someone is very used to taking showers in 10° to 15° C water. How theoretically possible is it that they will be able to take a 1° to 5° C shower?
I'd specifically like to know about the safety concern. Taking a 5 minutes shower in 12° C water isn't bad at all for reference.

Plus even if water got twice as cold, does that mean that the harm it could do is also doubled?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wim_Hof
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Celsius scale isn't good for what your thinking. Convert it to kelvin since its an "absolute" scale.

Is 279 kelvin twice as cold as 278 kelvin? Obviously not. Also, what do you think temperature is?

Please read up on the Celcius and Kelvin scales on your own before posting this garbage.

No, because celsius is not a measurement of intensity, it's a measurement of temperature.

this is some retarded logic

Humanity is doomed.

Let's say we have two items for sale. Item 1 costs $1 before tax and item 2 costs $2 before tax. The tax is a constant: $1.
Is item 2 twice as expensive as item 1? No the fuck it isn't. Item 1 has a net price of $2 while item 2 has a net price of $3.
>muh arbitrary 0º

Wouldn't it be more natural to think in terms of amount of energy, rather than amount of lack of energy.
Half the amount of heat, rather than twice as cold.
The sensation of "twice as cold" is not the same as having half the heat energy. How fast energy transfers plays a role.
Also, I would hesitate to assume sensation to be linear. You would need to specify if you talk about the sensation of cold or the lack of heat energy in an object.

Let's say we have a temperature of 1 Kelvin and a temperature of 2 Kelvin, and there is a tax afterwards due to entropy.
Is the second temperature twice as hot as the first? Yes.

No, 0 degrees celcius is not the origin.

your brainlet logic makes me laugh, please continue

10 degrees Celsius is twice as hot as 5 degrees Celsius. (5×2=10)

Therefore, -10 degrees Celsius as hot at -5 degrees Celsius. (-10×2=-5)

That math

/thread

Staggering truly, that everyone missed the fucking question.
I am asking about how it FEELS. I don't want to know about the amount of heath energy joules or whatever the fuck.
I am saying does 1 C FEEL twice as cold as 2 C.
NOBODY has answered the question.

It feels about the same.

You can literally do this at home with your fucking tap you retard.

You didn't say 'feels' in the op but whatever. No it doesn't feel twice as cold, I doubt you would even be able to tell the diffrence between 1°C and 2°C water.

Also, if you were to have a full body shower at 1°C you would probably get hypothermia so don't do that.

>if you were to have a full body shower at 1°C you would probably get hypothermia
Unless you're this guy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wim_Hof

>FEELS
You stupid fuck. Two things will feel the same to one person, while someone else will feel it's different.

you as person dont actual feel temperature
all you feel is how much heat gets transferred to or from your body away - big difference

all you care about as an animal is the amount of heat transfer. you can give a flying fuck about the internal energy off something if it's heat transfer rate is neglible

see the following experiment:
touch piece of wood with temperature X
touch piece of metal with temperature X

metal will feel colder when XY

Conduction is a linear relationship, radiation is a temperature relationship to the fourth power, convection is applied conduction.

Heat loss becomes integration so a second power of conduction