A person has a lungful of air and they need to travel as far as possible on that one breath

A person has a lungful of air and they need to travel as far as possible on that one breath.

Would a person get further walking, or running?

idk, why dont u go outside and test it yourself?

yes

t. logician

no

t. smarter logician

maybe

t. smarterer logician

depends

t. smartererer logician

its trivial

t. smarterererer logician

Well I know turtles are slow because they adapted to low-oxygen environments, so walking would probably be a more efficient use of that one breath and theoretically take you farther.

do humans get the most energy out of oxygen over a day? serious question.

Walking is a more efficient use of energy per distance than running, but your brain needs a steady supply of oxygen to work so you better fucking run bro

>walking
200 METS

>running
1000 METS

Metabolic ratio 0.2

Mean walking speed 2.5mph
Mean running speed 7.5mph

Pls help

>
How about swimming? What is the best technique for the farthest swim in motionless, pure waters completely submerged with a single inhale?

The comma before the or ruined your answer. Sorry.

t. Comp eng

air run inside a car while someone else drives the car = win, you mad?

You'll start to feel pressure at about the same time so long as you're at rest before the experiment. Running or walking won't weigh heavily on your breathing unless you're well into cardio. I would wager that running will get you further on one breath.

repeat the question
t. smartererererer logician

>Well I know turtles are slow because they adapted to low-oxygen environments
I always assumed they were slow cause they had no reason to be fast.

This! Test! Do! Observe! Report!

So what you're really saying is that we could hook up pure oxygen respirators to turtles and race them?

Considering an average turtle can go ~4mph at 20% oxygen(air), what sort of speeds are we looking at at 100% O2 or is there some limiting factor?

What if instead of O2, we use ozone, O3?

Where is the line drawn on the spectrum between walking and running?

t. Mechanical engineer

Of course swimming is slower idiot

Give me a linear regression comparing the oxygen use per km from 2km/hr up to the subject limits and report back with the optimal stage.

(technically, running is when you no longer have at least one foot on the ground at all times)

The vertex of the function describing the rate of acceleration between being stopped and sprinting at top speed

t. physics student

You're incorrect

t. correct person

the most efficient method is rolling downhill

t. Logicius, destroyer of worlds

>implying jumping on one foot is "running"
>implying walking on your elbows and knees is "running"
>implying gallopping, skipping, and frog jumping is "running"

your definition is incomplete

Walking.

When you run, you use energy to move vertically.

However an elevated heartrate is pretty important as well and stress might psychologically impact your journey.

So theoretically if you can get your heartrate at an optimum level and relax your mind enough to hold your breath for a super long time, the difference will be quite noticeable.

It's walking as long as one foot is on the ground at all times.

What if we were to compress the ozone so the canistor has 10000% more ozone in it. By my calculations that should make the turtle go 15000 times faster (1.5x more oxygen in O3 compared to O2) so would be going at a total velocity of 60000 mph.

t. 190 IQ qualified tortoise scientist.

Running, 100% guaranteed. I've tested this myself while jogging.

t. High school drop out

Falling

Running is more efficient for the same speed than walking fast.

Turtles have natural predators, so they do have good reason to go fast.

Running.

I've done this before. In fact my cross country training used holding your breath and counting as a training technique. Then when you run the race, you breath normally and have larger lung capacity and better use of oxygen. Your body will eat up the oxygen at almost identical rates if you are walking or running, but you can cover a shit load more distance running than walking and holding your breath.

kill yourself and go to heaven with that breath of air

hahaha
hahahaha
hahahahaha
hahahahahaha
hahahahahahaha

ahahahahahahahahhahaha
ahahahahhahaahahhaahhahaaha
all me