Give it to me straight Veeky Forums

Is using cannabis bad for your health, yes or no?

Other urls found in this thread:

canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/substance-abuse/controlled-illegal-drugs/health-risks-of-marijuana-use.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In excess, obviously. However, as with alcohol, you need moderation. People just don't want to accept either the responsibility or the fact that you can be responsible with it so you have people coping saying it literally cures cancer and it has no risk of addiction or they say it will somehow make you a retraded degenerate. Ideally, you shouldn't use drugs, but hey, life can get pretty dull sometimes.

except alcohol literally kills you fast if you use it to get drunk every night where as cannabis wont

Smoking every night will get you retarded though.

So what? Cannabis still has many adverse effects even if alcohol has more evident physical damage. Plus your lifestyle can change dramatically and in general fuck you up. The point is that taking drugs is something you need to do with responsibility and clarity in mind.

yeah but you can mostly detox off that with limited motivational and addiction problems after a few months where as alcohol destroys your body and mind, plus the withdrawals can seriously harm you too

Ever cleaned a bong? Same shit is in your lungs. You get all the negatives of smoking cigarettes and maybe even more because you are inhaling burned plant matter.

I would say that being a daily stoner is just as bad as being a daily drinker

life has "adverse effects" too idiot. put for your small brain it's called consequences, and they are a part of every choice you make

weed is nothing like ethanol to the mind and body

Wow nice medical based argument you fucking pothead. You are the reason we can't legalize it, because you potheads literally think is se magic spiritual shit that makes everything better.

>You get all the negatives of smoking cigarettes and maybe even more because you are inhaling burned plant matter.
you literally contradicted yourself because tabacco is burning plant matter. cigarettes have so many additives.

As someone with at LEAST 6 months continuous use of each one while not using the other and 6 months at least together, i promise you that cigs fuck your lungs and general health up more. you lose taste, you get short of breath quicker, you fiend harder for cigs when you cant have them, probably other things but that was years ago

guess what moron you havent posted any medical argument either. All said i've been completely genuine while you've been using logical fallacy one after another

Literally look in any medical journal for Cannabis adverse effects you retarded pothead. canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/substance-abuse/controlled-illegal-drugs/health-risks-of-marijuana-use.html this comes from dude weed lmao country so it should be pretty clear. You are in denial that you genuinely putting yourself at risk.

so you're saying if i go there it will be comparable to pic related?

Are you a fucking troll or actually dumb because i've done the research nimrod or i wouldnt use

> yeah but you can mostly detox off that with limited motivational and addiction problems after a few months
> hurr durr
> muh mind and body muh spirishul

This is what stoner logic looks like

> justifying marijauna habits by comparing them to alchoholism
> parroting shit you probably heard Joe Rogaine say
> Thinks it's acceptable to be a lazy brainlet stoner for a few months while you try to stop smoking weed

I've never met anyone who isn't a brainlet/lazy-ass faggot and smokes weed. If you get high, then that means your entire day is going to be spent doing mindless brainlet shit with a foggy mind.

Yes, I am aware of Quentin memes but that doesn't make it any less true.

No, no one is saying that. What is knows is that like with any other drug, there are risks and people should understand them before going DUDE SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY. I understand alcoholism has more gruesome and evident health effects you moron, that doesn't mean weed is perfectly safe either. It takes it toll and affects you ib a way that is detrimental to your life, both in your productivity and your general health. Heck, even LSD has many issues even if it does a lot of less shit to your body. You are basically saying I'm good cause other people are worse. I guess weed has taken it's toll on you.

who are you to police how people think and feel, narcissist? though at least you're capable of thinking outisde yourself unlike this /tv/+/pol/ mainliner

Yea I'm controlling your thoughts for simply making you accept some medical facts so you can make a more informed opinion about what tp do with ypur life. I don't care if you waste your life stoned, just don't try to spout bullshit while your at it and understand it's just another fucking drug.

>no straight up "yes", probably from personal bias
Yes, it will.

I said that it had all the negative effects of cigarettes, not alcoholism.

It will do a comparable amount of damage to your body for sure.

Everyone with half a brain understands it affects your health, the point is that if you can live a normal life while using it, and if so, how much you should use it.

Have you ever been fooled by a stoner spouting bullshit about his drug of choice?

I never have, and i dont think other people are either. DUDE WEED describes a preaching stoner perfectly and the only people it effects negatively are in MY opinion people who were headed down that route (hippy, spiritual wierdo) anyway.

In other words, i really dont think you have to worry about stoners spouting bullshit because it is only a contagious thought to predisposed people.
You just ignore them or blow them off if they try to talk to you

None if you can get by without it. I've been the one posting like a drunk retard thought this entire thread and i want to say that it's a huge gateway drug and is very dangerous to use alone because that is the beginning of substance dependence (not quite addiction)

>the point is...
Life hack: Actually read OP's question first

Yea, I don't think stoner culture is highly dangerous to our society and that right wing faggots do much more harm for things like medical use, I just find it irritating that there's a whole culture out there which spouts so much bullshit and can affect the delusions of people with a serious drug problem.
Any drug has it's risk and it can depend on you addictive tendencies. I'm sorry if it hasn't real9 worked put for you, but that doesn't mean othrs shouldn't have the opportunity.

Well I could have said "yes, sage" and be gone. Or we could talk about more controversial stuff faggot.

i know from my own experience that constantly abusing the dank is often detrimental to mental health and quality of life.

>falling for the weed makes you retarded meme.

found the retard.

>I just find it irritating that there's a whole culture out there which spouts so much bullshit and can affect the delusions of people with a serious drug problem.
well that's your delusion and problem

also i dont really think i said it didn't work out for me but if you are someone who uses alone you will eventually figure out what i mean

And you are completely correct, but I'm trying to make you realize that you it would make more sense to have responded with that first instead of wasting both of our time. I was hoping you could see the irony in my response to your initial comment, but it was so advanced that it just looped back to autism I guess.

It loweres many cognitive functions and there's evidence to suggest it can be permanent in adults. A teast we know it does happen in teens.

Make brownies, not smoke

it's not that deadly
it'll increase your cancer risk and shit but you're not going to die from it straight up

THC is proven to harm cognition. Doesn't stop me tho

I literally smoked every day while doing my senior project and got 100% for the work. Well, i wasn't smoking it, I vaporized it.

>senior project

wow

>i once won in roulette, no way are the odds for the house

I see you failed statistics and probability.

His mouth moves in a weird way and his voice is annoying as fuck.

Moderation is key. Blazing it every day isn't going to do you any good. Enjoy responsively, not compulsively.

>responsively
Welp.

No, fucking with your brain is perfectly healthy

Using it occasionaly will clean unnecessary synapses and make you more creative and sharp. Using it frequently will kill even the useful synapses and make you dumb as fuck.

>detox

Smoking anything scars lung tissue iirc. So yes.

oh right forgot to add
I don't know shit about edibles, so ....

all evidence points to yes. all heavy smokers i know used to be decent and now are just lazy brainlets who are depressed and dont wanna do anything. besides your brain it also isnt good for your lungs. most chronic smokers also gain weight from so much munchies.
i think chronic use of pretty much any drug is going to harm you. ive used almost everything in the book more than a few times so i know. and no, before you fall for the meme, lsd does not make you smarter or more aware. you can seriously scramble your eggs by doing too much. i know lots of people on Veeky Forums are saying to do it but the value is questionable. you can get DPDR, HPPD, and notice acid-influenced thinking in your everyday thoughts. probably do it once max but even that is a risk.
i think the only Veeky Forums approved drugs are stimulants. they can severely fuck you if you overuse them but they are useful here and there for cranking out work. but they will make you retarded if you do them too much too.

Organic cannabis literally reduces tumors and helps fight cancer, retard.

1 gram a day or strong organic oil or about 14 grams of organic cannabis and you'll see a reduction in Cancer symptoms.

Gr8 b8. Nah that's actually pretty shit.

Lmao I'm not talking out of my ass I know because I smoked every day for a solid couple months before realizing I had zero motivation to do anything other than get high, eat, and watch TV. My memory was bad because I was high half of the day. I was a useless piece of shit. This being said I think that alcohol is worse, HOWEVER I think that this is a stronger argument for them BOTH being illegal rather than both legal.

If you a susceptible to certain brain disorders, it can be very bad. If you are under 25 and your brain is still developing, it can be bad.

It's scientifically proven fact a segment of the population will always seek to self medicate through drugs and prohibition didn't work. In fact decriminalization of all drugs is the better path if for no better reason than to keep check on big pharmaceutical corps and their lobbies who now seek to make all drugs illegal except their own patented copies of them. I think history will prove their highly potent synthesized knock offs of plentiful and abundant free natural drugs to be the real scourge on humanity.

No question distilled alcohol is a dangerous man made synthetic concentrated knock off of the natural fermentation process and should get as much prejudice as crack cocaine or heroin for the carnage it causes but forget law. Same reason prostitution law just drives it underground but will never eradicate, it's human nature and thus unnatural law. Fuck the cops, all cops like police states.

I live in India and I can get edible weed for like 4 cents a pop. I have been constantly high for the last 3 years; I can't say if it has harmed my cognition or not but I did help me anxiety and depression. I think the fact that I am also dyslexic has something to do with it.

Where in india do you live!

Former stoner reporting
soph year of college I really amped up my smoking habit from about 1-2 a week to 4/5 weekdays and a few times during the weekend.
awful performance in classes, awful memory, awful GPA
I quit the next semester and I had a deep phlegmy cough for 2 months, sometimes coughing up stuff
my grades rebounded and my life improved
If you don't think smoking is bad for you then you're either retarded or in denial. Not that I disapprove of it per se but you really must acknowledge that it's bad for you

/thread

If you're over 25 and your brain is finished developing, then the only "harm" weed does is become (whether it started this way or not) a crutch for some degree of emotional coping which lessens your ability to cope without it. For most people this problem is as simple as going a week without weed once every few months, and for others, this makes weed an obsession and necessity. But none of these people are going through any physical withdrawl state so honestly they can all get over it pretty easily.

/thread

It can take me a solid 5 weeks to get back to peak brain power if i've been smoking daily for an extended period of time. I do this most christmas breaks after uni. I come back to uni with less horsepower every year.

Yes. It is bad for you health, Kumar.

yes.
smoking causes cancer