Brainlet Thread

Who else here dumb but still browse Veeky Forums so that you can pretend to be smart?

me
>tfw brainlet
feels bad man

I just went outside and observed the moons of Jupiter through a telescope. I feel like a freaking genius right now.

I am
>tfw I suck at school

13 year olds can do that as well.

I did it this week too. Shit is amazing. Spacing is awesome. got a a couple of dads a a mom walking with their kids and a couple too that were walking around to look trough it. they were amazed as well

>early mental development
>can get better grades than your peers without studying
>teachers and parents praise you for being 2smart
>never learn discipline and work ethics
>grow up to become a failure
I'm sure most brainlets on this board can relate.
School was a mistake.

>late mental development
>teachers think I'm average at best
>don't give a fuck, fall in love with learning anyway
>surpass every-fucking-body at uni, because they're all lazy brainlets who got patted on the back too much
>went to grad school for physics
>now on tenure track

Feels good man.

I've tested verbally gifted since I was a young kid so I'm brainlet + aware enough to have an inferiority complex but I'm nonetheless studying EE because muh loan debt and muh jobs

not even sure if I'll make it through

I wanted to study philosophy, I guess I'll just be bitter without being able to articulate it

I browse Veeky Forums 'cause I like science tho, but science normies like me can understand like climate science, nutrition, psych, aka 90% of shit Veeky Forums never talks about

>get better grades without studying
>end up dropping out of high school because lazy
>work fast food
>hate life
>now in college with 3.98 gpa
Sometimes it just takes the right motivation user. I work my ass off but it's worth it.

>want to learn more
>teachers literally say no, never once reward finishing work early and instead punish it by giving more of the same work
>Every year there's repetition of stuff you understood within the first hour because the tards need it
>This continues up to right before university, when the tards are finally allowed to fail
>Suddenly realize you've grown used to the snail pace and have to actually work now

Man, fuck systems that do nothing for the higher percentiles.

Actually, school story time?
>Spanish class from year 8 to 12 (inb4 not /sci)
>Starts off relatively simple, as usual. People mostly do fine memorizing the words and learning basic grammar
>A few months in, someone discovers pene, the spanish word for penis.
>Mi pene es muy grande
>Literally every lesson from here on out becomes these kids trying to find a new thing to say about dicks
>Te gusta el pene? etc.
>They stagnate.
>Fast forward to year 12
>Supposed to be able to speak Spanish at a conversational level at this point.
>Presentations in front of class about various
spanish-speaking countries
>Teacher still has to take a week to repeat verb tenses and how to use "me gusta" every few weeks
>Brainlets still kekking at "te gusta mi pene, mi pene es muy grande"
>Group presentation about Argentina
>Random groups
>Get stuck with one of the pene brainlets
>Talk about Argentina's culture, some history, etc.
>Brainlet's turn to speak
>Looks at his script
>"Argentina... ess... muy grande. Me.. goosta argentina."
>Teacher finally acknowledges the need to give individual grades.

I'm not even a brainlet.
Fuck man, I'm just lazy and have no direction.

Admitting your not smart and a brainlet is step 1 to leaving brainlet tier. Step two is working on what makes you a brainlet, if you can't get past that....well hopefully you can fake-it til you make it.

I do. I failed inAmazon interview. I still feel bad about it.

I did very bad in college.
Barely passed but unlike my top friends I am the only one who browse Veeky Forums? Is Veeky Forums for brailet after all?

>read shit load of books
>98th percentile SAT
>discover Veeky Forums and vidya
>stop reading books
>grades fall
>constant brain fog
I can feel my brain slowly rotting lads. Is it to late to go back?

>constant brain fog

That's typically associated with a lack of testosterone IIRC.

I think that's normal after not studying for a long time. Try going to a community college or shit state school (if you get a scholarship)

lmao
>be top of the class in state school until the age of 10
>go to independent school in england
>most people are top tier
>suddenly I'm in the middle of the pack, sometimes worse
>literal brainlet in languages because I had never studied it before
>be in second from bottom set in French
>people dicking around constantly in the class
>no one really tries
>they all get shit grades despite having studied this shit for 10+ years
>people copy my homework - idgaf because the teacher knows that people copy me and not the other way round.
>one bad day the teacher flips out
>'YOU'RE ALL GOING TO GET FUCKING 'E'S!!!' (referring to GCSE Exams)
>points at me
>except you, you'll get a C

I didn't know what to do.

It's not because of that
I started lurking on Veeky Forums and playing vidya and shit and still was able to do well
You're just giving yourself an excuse

mother of god this is so real
i didn't learn that i'm supposed to sleep enough and eat regularly and not play videogames during the week until i entered college, and that's because college was easier than highschool, so i actually fell out of the cycle of failure long enough to realize what i have to do to perform well.

How retarded would be to take stimulants for maximum productivity? Kinda tired of being tired and lazy all the time

Is true that if you are not good at Math, you are automatically a brainlet ? My major is psychology and I understand philosophy quite intuitively; Maths and any kind of left brain activity related to linear reasoning can often make real agitated. I am dyslexic.

>tfw this is all true
>tfw all you've care about is mathematics
>tfw you are above average smart at it so it is a perfect match
>tfw lazy school student so never try competitions or anything. My version of doing mathematics is jerking off, doing metaphorical weed, watching numberphile videos and doing integrals
>finish school, go on to study pure mathematics at university
>Do really well because doing university mathematics is different from doing contest mathematics. It is very much like doing metaphorical weed. All you have to do is look at the definitions and theorems and see the almost obvious consecuences, and then write it with 100 layers of mathematical abstraction to make it rigorous.
>I get used to being able to prove anything in less than 5 seconds. The moment a problem does not immediately click I give up and move on the next.
>My first bad experience with this was last year, when a professor shared a problem that I considered too hard given that I could not solve it in 5 seconds. I gave up on it and told myself "the professor would not put something this hard in a test". Then surprisingly that exact problem was in the test. Luckily I am able to solve it. This is the first time I spend more than 30 minutes in a problem but because I was able to do it I did not learn my lesson.
>Keep on going like this
>Next time this happens is in a homework problem. There is one I simply cannot crack. I see many possible ways to solve the problem, but because none of them will immediately give me the answer I consider them all useless. Someone with my IQ should not have to do all that manual labor. I get fucking stressed and start googling like a motherfucker. After digging up the cemetery of the internet I find that this is an old problem fron the international mathematics olympiad and I read the official solution.
>tfw the formal proof takes like 4 pages of crazy work but it all starts with literally the second thing I wanted to try.
>feels bad man

You can be smart in other ways such as business or people.
Here you'd be a brainlet though.

If you're self-aware enough to make a thread like this, you're probably not that much of a brainlet compared to some people

Illusion of self-awareness*

lol

>had a chance to skip a grade or two
>mom doesn't let me and says I should be with kids my own age
>had chance to go to class for gifted children
>mom doesn't let me and says I should be with normie children

Women are generally more concerned with 'fitting in' than actual achievement and practicality.

This is coming from someone with stable relationships with a long term girlfried and a healthy relationship with women in my own family.

It's just something I've noticed.