Trump in the words of Veeky Forums

What does Veeky Forums think of Trump? I can back the NASA boost but everything else is utter shite in regards to science.

>defunds EPA

>Puts Rick Perry in charge of DOE which is dept behind all of the national labs who was on camera saying he wants to shut down organization he is now running

>policies lean heavily towards an unstandardized curriculum and having evolution not taught in schools.

>VP is a right wing christian fundamentalist that is on the record with saying he "thinks evolution is just a theory"

>Defunds alternative energy research, puts conventional non-renewables like coal without looking for viable alternatives.

I could go on. Compared to Obama who within his first 100 days gave a talk wherein he stated an extra 3% of all federal funding would go to scientific research, he's a disaster for scientific endeavors in the United States, not to mention his cult of anti-intellectualism that works ever harder to devalue the work and lifestyle of hardworking scientists. I'm not saying Obama was perfect either, but definitely better than Trump so far it seems.

Other urls found in this thread:

rense.com/general37/char.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=bd79UsXSLWg
youtube.com/watch?v=Ino1E8UMVHg
livescience.com/58911-science-funding-unchanged-through-2017.html
spacepolicyonline.com/news/senate-joins-house-in-approving-fy2017-approps-bill
sciencemag.org/news/2017/05/how-science-fares-us-budget-deal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

rense.com/general37/char.htm

He's a buffoon but to be fair he might have some mental illness.

youtube.com/watch?v=bd79UsXSLWg

Luckily Congress decided to fund the NIH despite him

I'm honestly far less concerned about Trump himself, and more about the cult of fear and anti-intellectualism that regards his election as a victory.

This ain't /pol/. Fuck DT

Saged and reported.

Just like any other neocon before him, nearly every policy of his is gonna be shit.

not my president so I don't care

If he defunds science, scientists will just move elsewhere.

Cuts to scientific research would be worse for America than science in general.

EPA is feelgood bullshit that does more harm than good. Most private industry is more afraid of civil and criminal action or just simply doesn't want to pee in their own pool. The real EPA is essentially government sponsored shakedown artists that are too big for small businesses to fight. Costing way too much in regulation and red tape. Thus helping big business remove competition or giving them a great excuse to simply perform the work overseas. They do little to actually improve the environment. In fact, have caused some pretty big messes of their own.

t. trump cultist

Obama was popular for handing out wads of cash that didn't belong to him. That isn't sustainable unless you consider Venezuela a great model. Being the person trying to rein it all back in will not be popular and is easy to demonize. Better to be the grandparents spoiling the child than the parents having to clean up the messes.

No, someone that has actually had to deal with the EPA and their idiocy.

Except he is increasing military spending, where he could have not done that, and put that money into science. Keep trying to delude yourself that cutting science funding is good on a fucking science board you intellectually dishonest /pol/tard.

Government looks relatively competent when funding the military as governments tend to be the only players. They aren't necessarily competent at funding science and are as capable of incentivizing bullshit as anyone. Unless that science is a product of space or military funding. But yes, your funding of African gender spectrums and their impact on mouse homosexuality will likely be cut. Sorry.

He has Human DNA

the new president of France

youtube.com/watch?v=Ino1E8UMVHg

He's a politician just like any other. He'll come and go.

>France
>Relevant
May as well be the president of Bumbfuckistan.

so?

>Government looks relatively competent when funding the military as governments tend to be the only players.

Are you fucking kidding me right now? You think run off and programs like the f-35 are competent?

I repeat, you are either being insanely intellectually dishonest or are genuinely a massive fucking idiot. The military industrial complex is cancer and is entirely a culture of over spending and underdelievering.

>But yes, your funding of African gender spectrums and their impact on mouse homosexuality will likely be cut

Good to know you have no argument besides "CRY MORE LIBERAL I AM WINNING!"

I think he needs to lose weight and lose that orange tan of his.

Instead of running off at the mouth like a lunatic, you could attempt to comprehend that statement you are 'arguing' with. Which is not saying the government is competent at anything. But that it is relatively competent in funding military because the private sector doesn't maintain a military.

He's just playing Obama. Which will get him many pats on the back at cocktail parties and glowing news coverage at the expense of his party and country.

Except that is demonstrability false, and I just gave an example of why.

>le pen cucks are still this fucking mad

Why cant polcucks just accept it?

he got DESTROYED in the FY2017 budget. Instead of cuts everywhere like he proposed, funding for science got increased pretty much across the board.
livescience.com/58911-science-funding-unchanged-through-2017.html

The EPA did not get defunded and only got a modest cut.

>> NASA boost
Trump was not behind that and wanted to cut NASA's funding. Bill Nelson was primarily responsible for that

spacepolicyonline.com/news/senate-joins-house-in-approving-fy2017-approps-bill

Hopefully the same will be true of the FY2018 budget.

Just returning to Veeky Forums for the first time in about 5 years today, cried a lot when i saw the state /b was in and made the mistake to check out /pol.

Just really happy there are some rational people left!

He's an utter fucking moron

>No, someone that has actually had to deal with the EPA and their idiocy.
ah. so anecdotal evidence is what is introducing the bias in your reasoning, thanks for revealing that

hes a billionaire or multi millionaire president, hes not dumb in fact hes smarter then most people in the world by a large margin, i thought people that were interested in science were better then emotional crybabies

>having lots of money means you're smart
nice scientific argument user

>smarter then most people in the world
nice
he also doesn't afraid of anything

The majority of progress in science over the past century has been US and government funded and sponsored and run by government agencies, not private enterprises. Though there were some, these companies usually subsisted and were supported by federal funds.

>NASA moon landing

>manhattan project and subsequent fusion bomb development

>DARPAnet and Internet

>fermilab and its numerous discoveries and advancements in particle physics

I could go on...

Also yes perhaps the EPA does attack some small businesses with red tape, but you should have seen what things were like before! Also, Trump straight up publicly denies climate change and calls it a hoax invented by th Chinese which is extremely erroneous, which doesn't give climate scientists a good name desu

I'm not emotional, I'm just not a fucking cuck. If someone tries to defund my field, I'd have to be high to support him. At first I was amused by Trump and how he pissed off the liberals, but not anymore. Good thing he's too weak to actually defund the NIH.

Bill Nye

There is an argument to be made for the EPA's anti-industry stance hurting the economy. If a candidate is pro-economy above all else the EPA is probably not going to be his friend, so that move makes sense. I guess that depends on your values.

>policies lean heavily towards an unstandardized curriculum and having evolution not taught in schools.

The common core is anti-meritocratic cancer and this isn't a bad thing. "Standardization" is codeword for rigor dilution and holding back the most brilliant students (who are the ones who are going to be doing most of the scientific and innovative progress, not the Joe Shmo "standardization" is targeted towards). It's a good thing to defund federal education agencies, they are fucked and only exist to bloat bureaucracy and hinder districts. As long as creationism doesn't become some sort of de facto subject in schools there is nothing wrong with giving kids options rather than shoving them all into the same bucket.

>alternative energy sources

Wind and solar are fairly meme tier and inefficient, coal is the past but until we're pursuing nuclear in earnest it's not like it makes any difference.

Obama was all for show, by the way, and he did a ton of harm you are unaware of because he had most of the media on his side (other than Fox News). This goes a very long way in shaping your perception of what President is "good" or "bad".

Fuck drumpfh and fuck white people.

Fuck science too. Science can't explain African magic #DecolonizeScience

The EPA literally has a SWAT team. Neck yourself.

nice """argument""" that is 100% non pertinent to any discussion in the thread, trumpcuck

pic related

the >muh defunding schoolz!! meme was just a bunch of libby old female school teachers pissed because their gravy train was getting some brakes

epic, simply epic

Nice spelling user, makes sense the Trump supporter here would have shit grammar. Go back to grade school you dim-witted mongoloid, your grasp of the English language is as onerous and shortsighted as the views you expose with it.

You fucking cuckwad.

pi always helps me build a strong argument

Criticizing spelling or grammar on the internet is the epitome of pseudointellectualism lol

There is NOTHING to compare the F-35 to, so you can't say that its well run or badly run
It's a better product for cheaper than anything China or Russia or EU will produce

>Implying calling the opposition emotional crybabies is a valid arguement

If you retards actually look at the data, there is very little correlation in overall expenditure and test scores. When you break apart total expenditure into instructional expenditure and non-instructional expenditure, instructional expenditure is highly positively correlated with test scores and non-instructional expenditure is negatively correlated with test scores.

Putting more money into schools will only be as effective as the financial managers in charge of it. We need officials who know how to spend money.

It is kind of weird the Trump supporter also can't speak English. Ever more evidence that at their core they are a bunch of inbred redneck hillbillies and NEETs afraid of immigrants and change.

My only concern is how to make insane amounts of money from the inevitable financial crisis which will be multiplied in severity due to disastrous financial policies.

buy defense stocks
shortsell anything that incurs trump's wrath

this

Someone with actual first hand experience > some neckbeard regurgitating what he hears on Maddow.

As if you had an argument to begin with

I love that gif

can confirm this statement. The EPA has largely stopped going after bigfish ever since the early 2000s in favor of giving small fines of $10000 or so (small potatoes in the business world), both of my parents were lawyers with the agency and my father carried out some of the last real significant cases in pesticide litigation. The EPA has done some good for society, mostly lead/asbestos/pesticide/air regulations, but they really have changed over the years.

And that. will. never. happen

ESPECIALLY not through the motherfucking federal government and her unholy disattached bureaucratic fuckbloat

That's why going after the DoE is simply a good thing, funding needs to happen on a local level and require more oversight

/pol/ doesn't like Trump either cunt faggot

Honestly at this point I think nothing and expect nothing from the guy.

If it wasn't for the fact that almost every other country was literally on fire (bankruptcy, civil war, famine, corruption) we would be the laughing stock of the world. And to an extent we are, at least in the eyes of those who are stable enough to afford that opportunity.

The best thing the scientific community can do is just work in quite and secrecy until this whole thing blows over.

Politics completely aside, it's fairly obvious to anyone possessing brain mass > 10 grams that Trump is a literal brainlet.

Like other scinons have stated, the culture that produced him is the most disheartening aspect of his presidency. The Age of the Brainlet could end up costing us ANY further advancement as a species. Not even trolling.

Pic related

*reddit /t_d

FTFY

>defunds EPA
>Puts Rick Perry in charge of DOE which is dept behind all of the national labs who was on camera saying he wants to shut down organization he is now running
saved money that was being blown on bullshit

>VP is a right wing christian fundamentalist that is on the record with saying he "thinks evolution is just a theory"
I'm so fucking sick of hearing this
it IS a theory, I don't know when the left started trying to hammer in this sentiment that it's not, but any ACTUAL biology/genetics scientist who isn't being bribed to say otherwise can tell you how far it is from being considered proven. Yes it's more scientifically justifiable than religion, or any other unfalsifiable claim for that matter, but that doesn't actually mean anything as far as science is concerned. As it is currently it still relies on a lot of assumptions and there's absolutely no way to test its validity.

>Defunds alternative energy research, puts conventional non-renewables like coal without looking for viable alternatives.
more wasted money, it has no value if it yields no results. All known methods are already being used but are less popular for more expensive upkeep and less efficiency. Of course you don't know that though because CNN and whatever facebook groups you follow don't tell you that part.

More scientific and engineering endeavors than you can fathom have been funded by military spending.
Don't knock what you don't understand.

>I'm honestly far less concerned about Trump himself, and more about the cult of fear and anti-intellectualism that regards his election as a victory.
Yeah but it isn't any surprise that colleges are liberal dominated institutions, when honestly politics has no place outside of (lol) political *science* (lol).
You should not be surprised of this, and it's indicative of the entire education system as a whole - the problem is is alot of science and research is caught up in this.
If an institution goes partisan you shouldn't be surprised the other side of that partisan coin will find new and varying ways to oppose it.
As it stands joe everyman is already pissed that a college degree is practically a requirement for any sort of career, the fact that colleges are partisan is only fuel to the fire.

TLDR you made your bed, now sleep in it

I was in favor of him over Hillary. I lean towards libertarianism and even though i'm socially conservative in modern standards, I don't care what people do with their lives if it's not hurting others.

Basically I don't care about Trump other than i'm glad he won over Hillary.

F-22 and F-35 are really at the end of the day total shots in the dark towards total air dominance. Realistically at the end of the day "Stealth" tech as it is can't last - eventually there will be a counter

The EPA serves a function, but the EPA needs drastic cuts and they need to lose their (unconstitutional) regulatory power and merely make recommendations/write up bills for congress.
The biggest crying shame involving the EPA is the backasswardness involved in importing a car, the fact that some cars are banned from personal import (Land Rover Defenders) and the idiotic restrictions on Diesels, including Diesel Exhaust Fluid requirements. We're under 10 years away from good and cheap Hybrid-electric diesels and the EPA sees fit to put an electronic nanny in every goddamned diesel engine in the country because muh environment.

>PV cells becoming more cost effective than coal due to cheaper production methods and increased efficiency
>Biofuels becoming so much more effective at producing energy due to biofuel research they cause a spike in the price of corn in the mid 2000's that reverberated across the commercial food industry

uh huh, wasted money.

>EVOLUTIONS JUST A THEORY

gtfo you fucking t_d mongoloid

Cuts? What cuts? Trump got BTFO by congress in the recent budget.

Sure EPA got cut a bit, but they aren't totally destroyed.

ARPA-E which is renewable/cleantech/new nuclear research got a budget increase. Trump wanted ARPA-E gone.

sciencemag.org/news/2017/05/how-science-fares-us-budget-deal

Despite what the american "elite" unis tell you, they are actually not the best unis in the world measured in their scientific output. Europe is already ahead of the US in terms of scientific output and China will soon surpass the US too.

>Yeah but it isn't any surprise that colleges are liberal dominated institutions, when honestly politics has no place outside of (lol) political *science* (lol).
Where the fuck do you think you are?

Actually private funders only back things they can make money from. This usually doesn't mean science, but engineering. Governments are the biggest funders of fundamental science

Trumpcuck pls go

Trump in words of Veeky Forums:

No brainlets allowed.

>pic related

Average Trump supporter.

I'm an ecologist, he is a trigger for my schizoid withdraw

tbf, that cake is pretty well done.

>Trump straight up publicly denies climate change and calls it a hoax invented by th Chinese which is extremely erroneous
He said that about global warming. You can't change from global warming to climate change because of the stigma and hysteria then retroactively attack people who criticized the global warming campaign as if they're criticizing the existence of the climate changing. That's just dishonest.

The comic is spot on though.

>fusion research cut
fUCKiNG BRAINLETS RUINING EVERYTHING
FUSION IS THE HOLY GRAIL OF ENERGY

He is the stupidest person ever elected President. Somehow he topped W.

Who would have guessed Trumptards are obese NEETs.

DUBYA
you guys are hurtin' for him now aintcha

Well most of that money was going to ITER anyway.

ARPA-E got a funding increase, they are doing balls-to-the wall crazy fusion research that actually has more of a chamce of succeeding than ITER.

W is a Rhodes Scholar compared to Trump. In fact I really can't tell if W was stupid or played down to the level of his supporters. His Texas accent was fake as hell considering he comes from a New England Yankee family. Trump on the other hand is legit stupid (or has a serious mental illness that causes him to flip flop every other sentence.)

I have a very low opinion of him and the trash that support him.